We started our celebration yesterday. Festivities at my parents’ last night and then at Andrew’s mom’s tonight. It’s so nice having family so close!
Look at the cute dinner set-up from last night. Mom even has American flag towels in the bathrooms. She is impressive.
They were AWESOME! Dinner was delicious (I try to fill up the majority of my plate with protein and veggies and then try out the other options too. Didn’t get a picture of dessert, but it was fabulous too- chocolate ice cream cake and a little sample of peach pie (weird combination, but I needed a taste of each).
Hope you’re enjoying your day today. Somehow, the boys must have figured out that I had big plans to get a lot done around the house because they have conveniently kept me busy ALL day and refused to take a nap. Happy holiday to me! Here’s a little of what’s been going on.
Oh man. I’m tired.
Okay, so I thought I’d just highlight my lunch I’ve had the past couple of days. A basic turkey Flatout wrap with kale chips.
Basic Turkey Flatout Wrap
- multi-grain Flatout wrap (I get them at Costco)
- Laughing Cow light Original cheese wedge
- 1 fresh jalapeño (optional)
- handful of fresh spinach
- fresh roasted turkey breast
Yum! And look how many kale chips you get for under 100 calories. I had to pile them on top of my sandwich.
I have a different link to the kale chips, but I’ve improved them a little so here’s what I did.
- Spray pan with olive oil cooking spray. Place cut up kale out on baking pan. (Trader Joe’s sells a bag already rinsed and cut and it works PERFECTLY for these.)
- Spray a little more nonstick olive oil cooking spray on top of kale. Season with a little garlic salt (or just plain sea salt), pepper (I like the mixed peppercorns from Trader Joe’s), and a little (or a lot) cayenne pepper.
- Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes.
They are fabulous! I even fed them to my boys and they LOVED them (cayenne and all).
Okay, I better get going. Happy Memorial Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!