Toddlers, that is.
Oh……… the life as a mom. I actually got up, ran 6 miles on the treadmill, fed all the animals (well, the inside ones anyway), showered, and got my coffee ready before the boys were up today. That is NOT a usual morning for me. It was FABULOUS!!!! If I could only wake up at 5:50 everyday (and if the boys could only sleep in until 7:30 everyday)…….. ha!
Today was jam packed. Strollerwise, playing at the park, farmer’s market (which was not very impressive), and a visit at a friend’s house. It also included a trip to Costco. Why are those so tiring (and time consuming)? And why do they have the messiest samples ever when I’m there with the boys? Man oh man.
Here are some note worthy purchases from today’s trip (in addition to the normal Costco must-haves). You can find those “must-haves” by clicking on my original Gotta Love Costco post.
First of all- I always buy Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches from Costco. Seriously the best deal and the perfect single serving dessert. Today, they had a new flavor combination instead of the vanilla and chocolate ones.
Andrew is going to be so excited!!!!! Here are some other fun things I found.
- String cheese, Babybell Light, Laughing Cow Light- standard- love these! Easy snacks and they make the best toasted cheese sandwiches.
- Nature Valley Dark Chocolate granola bars- These are good. Crunchy, chocolaty. 2 bars for about 200 calories.
- Skinnygirl Margarita- SOOOOO excited about this. Excited to try it, but more excited because Bethany Frankel is my idol. I LOVE her (and secretly want to be her, or Kelly Ripa actually). She had a vision/dream/goal and went for it and now look. Someday……………………………..
- Tortilla Crusted Tilapia- Quick, easy. Just bake in the oven and serve with a simple side dish. We’ve also made fish tacos out of these. Good summer dinner.
- Black Bean Burgers- My sister-in-law told me to get these. She said they’re good. Can’t wait to try them. Oh and BTW- I CAN NOT take credit for all the lettuce storage tips from last week’s post. That was all my sister-in-law Bridget also. She pretty much taught me everything and is a genius in the kitchen AND has her own cookbooks (I still don’t have her most recent one though. Hmm..). Someday I will be as cool as her.
- Cedarlane Low Fat Bean and Cheese Burritos- Just good, especially if you’re craving some yummy Mexican food, but don’t want a lot of fat or grease. I like to bake them in the oven and get them a little crispy. I’m pretty sure I ate these on Cinco de Mayo. Yep, I just checked. I doctored them up a bit. Click to see how I eat my Costco burritos.
- Morningstar Garden Veggie Patties- AWESOME! I use these for my veggie burger ginger wasabi salad. The boys like them to. They also make really good wraps.
- Strawberries- When they’re in season at Costco they’re delicious. I just had to get some.
Some other things we got- bananas, romaine, spinach, bananas, organic vanilla soymilk, egg whites, my favorite bread, Flatout wraps, bananas, rotisserie chicken breast, baby wipes , and this Kahlua Pork for Andrew (it’s good stuff).
Oh, and this because
Joaquin I couldn’t resist.
Okay, on to toddlers…… thought I’d highlight a new “Toddler Friendly” recipe (because I made it today for lunch). It’s from my friend Julie (so again, I can’t take full credit). Well….. the original recipe is hers. She gave it to me at Strollerjam last week on a piece of paper that I thought I put in my stroller, but I can’t find it for the life of me (Gee- that’s weird). So, I had to try to remember what it was. Her actual recipe is probably better than what I came up with, but I still thought I’d share.
Broccoli Parmesan Patties
- about 1- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli (in food processor)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Chop fresh broccoli in food processor.
Add other ingredients and mix well. (These are what I used.)
Form patties (or sticks). Place on lined baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes. Wah lah!!!!! Look at these little beauties (and the fancy schmancy paper plate ).
I had to help myself to a few also (even though I made them for the boys). I dipped mine in a little ranch and had a
little ginormous chicken wrap on the side.
Chicken wrap- Flatout wrap, Costco rotisserie chicken, TATS Original Ghost Sauce (AMAZING), a jalapeño pepper and romaine lettuce.
Oh, and since we’re talking “tots” I signed up for a YouTube account and uploaded my first video tonight. It’s the “no pants dance take 2” from this afternoon (after naptime). Hilarious!!!!!!
And just in case you want a little more, here’s my first try at the video.
Oh, one last thing… I’m officially a Featured Publisher for the Foodie Blogroll. Woo hoo!!!!!! PLEASE feel free to share this blog or pass it along to anyone you think might be interested in joining in on STUFT mama’s life journey. Thank you all soooooooo much for reading and being a part of this!!!!!!
Okay, time for bed. Tomorrow morning I’m getting into the Teeccino I bought last week. Can’t wait!