Or rather- “KEE-ty, KEE-ty, KEE-ty”
That’s how the boys say it while extending an arm out and opening and closing a hand- I’ll let Judah show you.
Before I get to Kitty- we had some new and improved hooligan pancakes this morning (recipe to follow in a later post) with some warm strawberries. Mmm…..
Judah LOVES his strawberries. Holy moly.
I made my favorite morning mocha extra chocolaty this morning with 2 tablespoons of my favorite cocoa powder. I did half soy milk and half coconut milk (I wanted to try this stuff. It was on sale the other day.)
It was okay. Kind of pricy and I think I prefer the taste of almond milk better, but fun to change it up a little.
Now I’m sipping a little protein “Slurpee”. Yum!
Crushed ice, protein 2-go packet, water and a little sparking ice. Fabulous! Tastes like my own little 7-Eleven treat.
Okay, back to business…… Kitty……
Oops. Wait. Bad shot.
Oh great. Hey, want to come eat at our house? Ugh.
There we go.
So……I’ve gotten a few comments recently asking what’s going on with my cat. He’s been such a part of my life for so long and has been the highlight of the annual Christmas card for 10 years now, I just figured everyone knew the story. I forget that some of you are just getting to know him (and me, and the family, etc.).
First of all, yes, his name is Kitty. That wasn’t intentional. I first names him Lumberg (from Office Space), but that was just too hard to say. Then I switched it to Ziggy (cute, right?). Well, that didn’t stick either, but he sure came running every time I said “Kitty”, so………. that became his name.
I always wanted a hairless cat for some reason. I talked about it a lot through college- I even asked for one for Christmas one year. Then Rachel on Friends had one. Do you remember that episode? Dang, what was that cat’s name?
Anyway……… while I was finishing student teaching in 2001 I decided to use the leftover student loan money that I had (from getting my teaching credential) to buy myself a hairless cat. (Good thing Mom and Dad don’t read this blog- the student loan money thing will be a little surprise. Oops. Hey, but if you ARE reading, happy 39th wedding anniversary today! He he!)
Sphinx cats (hairless cats,that’s what Kitty is- well, kind of) are EXPENSIVE. A totally hairless one it’s about $1200. I did NOT have that much loan money left, so I had to find a discounted cat. I found one online from some lady in Texas. Kitty was only $600 because he had “a little peach fuzz”. I never even saw a picture of him or anything. I sent her some money; she sent me a cat on a cargo plane. I still remember the guy at the airport counter when I told him I was there to pick up a cat saying, “Is that what that is?” Toooo funny.
Kitty has been with me through A LOT of life’s ups and downs. He used to sleep right in my face EVERY night. Holy cow he has the LOUDEST purr in the world (and not to mention pretty fowl smelling breath- TMI?) I bet your not surprised that Andrew and Kitty don’t get along very well. I’m pretty sure Andrew calls Kitty “the worst cat in the world” almost weekly. Poor guy (Kitty, that is). And, I feel like I’m not the good Kitty mom I used to be since I’ve had the boys, but I love him just the same.
A few fun (or disturbing) Kitty facts:
- He will jump from the floor to your shoulder (especially if you don’t like cats.)
- He’s ruined almost every piece of furniture in our house. Good thing it’s all cheap or used. And ruined many, many shirts with his nails.
- I used to put plastic nails on him to cover his real nails because I refused to declaw him. Now I just accept that he scratches at and ruins everything. Yes, I’ve tried EVERY scratching post out there. He prefers furniture only.
- I have to clean his ears pretty often. They are yucky.
- I feel like I’m picking his eye boogers all the time.
- He has man boobs.
- He’s missing a few teeth.
- I’m supposed to give him a bath once a week, but I always forget.
- He likes to escape outside. He’ll wait at the door for visitors to come over and try to sneak out.
- He coughs up “air balls” ALL the time. Yeah, “air balls”, like he’s going to cough up a hairball, but nothing comes out. He just swallows it. I sometimes find digested hairballs in the litter box. (oops, TMI again?)
Have you had enough yet?????
Here’s a few pictures as a tribute to my beloved Kitty. These are a few older pictures I had on the computer.
That last one was an outfit we made him while my friends Jaime and Katie were trying to teach me how to use my sewing machine. I haven’t used the sewing machine since. Oops. Pretty cool shirt though, huh?
And here’s a few from our little photo session this morning for this post. Enjoy!!!
Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs from Kitty!!!!!!