And……. 7 things I’m not exactly loving right now.
I’ll start with the good things first. Things I’m loving right now:
1. These cool chairs at Soup Plantation.
Oh my gosh- I want to go back right now because these chairs are so cool- you just wheel down the salad line. I guess I want to go back because I LOVE eating there also (and boy can I pile it on my salad plate). Ha!
Oh, and while I’m talking cool chairs. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again- I love these Target carts.
And thank you (?) Mom, for adding rockets to the cart. (I made Mom go shopping with us after Soup Plantation last night.)
2. Wednesday mornings and not having to rush out the door to be anywhere at a certain time. Today I got to sleep in. And watch the monitor for a little while. I love doing this. The boys usually wake up and talk for awhile every morning.
Then I go into their room and find this.
(Joaquin is doing the “KEE-ty, KEE-ty, KEE-ty” from the Kitty post.)
3. My Safari Park “spouse pass”.
We went for a quick trip this morning. It looked a little something like this.
That’s the norm. Joaquin pointing and talking to everyone while Judah’s sound asleep. And I’m a sweaty mess.
I sweet talked them into letting me stop at the store afterwards. I needed some ingredients to do some more experimenting in the kitchen.
4. SnackAisle. I just LOVE SnackAisle. They have the best selection of healthy snacks and just the best customer service. Look at this box of yummy goodies I got from them the other day.
It was like Christmas! I love samples, free goodies, etc. (That’s one of my favorite things about races- the freebies at the finish line. ha!) I can’t wait to try all of these amazing snacks! SnackAisle just rocks!!!!! I’ve been ordering that dry roasted edamame from them for years.
5. Huggies jean diapers.
6. Spin class. I teach a spin class on Wednesday nights at Frog’s. LOVE this workout. If you’ve never tried spin, you really should. Holy cow is it a good workout. Click here to read about some of the benefits of spinning.
7. The PB2 microwave cookie. Well…………………….. I think I’ve done it. Yes, I’ve had way too many of these trying to get them just right and I’m still convinced that I can make it better, but for a quick, low-calorie peanut butter treat this does the trick.
2 1/2 Minute PB2 Cookie
- 2 tablespoons PB2
- 2 tablespoons vanilla soymilk (or vanilla almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
This version is about 130 calories. You can also add a tablespoon of regular peanut butter to make it really peanut buttery (and about 100 calories more). I tried to decrease the brown sugar and substitute some splenda, but it got way too dry. I also tried it with only 1 tablespoon of soy milk, but that was too dry also. I did not experiment with chocolate chips though. Maybe that will be next. ha!
Okay, and now for the 7 things I’m NOT exactly loving right now.
1. The boys thinking it’s funny to feed Turk.
Look at the piece of turkey on Turk’s back. Nice.
2. Discovering that Joaquin can now get up on our bed on his own. I found him like this today.
Luckily Judah can’t quite get up there yet.
3. The fact that these darn bangs (that I first showed here) will never grow out (hmm… and it looks like it’s almost time to get my hair done and I have some forehead wrinkles).
4. My belly button that will never be the same after having twins. (Not quite ready to show a picture of that yet, but it’s a pointer.)
5. My love for Coke Zero. I wish I didn’t want one every day. (I’m trying to limit myself to only a couple a week.)
6. I gave in and ate this bad boy the other day. I’m supposed to be focusing on losing those 7 pesky pounds since my motivational Monday post. Oops. I did manage to keep that little temptation in the freezer for over a week though. Remember when I froze it? In this jar was a spoonful of Nutella (leftover in the almost empty jar), 2 skinny cow sandwiches and that peanut butter cookie bar that Mom made. I have to say it was delicious though.
7. And……….. this dinner I ate at 10 tonight. Not that great, right? Lean Cuisine Chicken in Peanut Sauce.
Actually, it is my favorite Lean Cuisine frozen dinner. It has whole wheat noodles, chicken, edamame, carrots, etc. It’s just not that fun having a microwave dinner.
Okay, bedtime. If you missed yesterday’s post, it was a healthy chicken nacho recipe. And I’m still hoping my dad will get on here and read my Father’s Day weekend post. I tried to tell him he’d like it. We’ll see.
Have a good one. Tomorrow I’m posting a fabulous microwave muffin that I am soooooo excited about! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!