The list is very long, but some things stood out today (as they always seem to do on Mondays).
I need to:
- start more of my mornings with one of these (recipe at the end of this post)
- add these little beauties to all my morning drinks (I think you should too)
- not pack anything chocolate for breakfast in the car
- find a better place to put this (another “$30 miracle”) before I find myself in a very awkward situation
(I found it in my purse yesterday on the way to church. It had been there since it came out to play on opening day. The only natural thing to do was to move it from my purse to this compartment in the car.)
- not hear the words “Moo-thee” (silent “s” I guess), “Poo-poo” or “Ugh-Oh” for at least 5 minutes (although I am really proud of “smoothie”, now if they could only say “spinach”)
- take a look in the mirror once in awhile to figure out where that smell is coming from
Yeah, that’s not chocolate. Last Monday it was Judah, today it was Joaquin. Lucky me. Don’t worry, I changed outfits before I headed back out to teach my night classes.
- STOP burning things in the kitchen
- plan meals a little better so I’m not throwing together Trader Joe’s macaroni and cheese with mixed vegetables and chicken at the last minute (for Andrew to feed the boys for dinner)
- update my recipes page
- share these two fun recipes with you
Lazy Mama Mocha Spinach Smoothie
1 frozen banana
handful fresh spinach
1 scoop protein powder (I used Designer Whey Vanilla Almond)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used my favorite cocoa powder)
1 tablespoon instant espresso
1 1/4 cup milk or non dairy alternative (I used unsweetened almond milk)
Combine all ingredients and blend.
Cinnamon Crisps with PB2 Cottage Cheese Dip
1 Flatout wrap or whole wheat Lavash bread
cinnamon to taste
Splenda packet (or Stevia packet or regular sugar)
nonstick cooking spray
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray
Cut Flatout or Lavash bread into squares. (My personal favorite is Flatout multigrain wraps for this, but today I used one of these.)
Place on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Spray tops of square with cooking spray and a little I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (I did 10 sprays). Sprinkle with cinnamon and packet of Splenda (or other sweetener).
Cook at 400 for 7-8 minutes. Be careful not to burn them. I burn these (and many other things) regularly.
I have to admit that I like these a little better than the Cinnamon Crunch Kale Crisps, but those are just darn fun.
Now I NEED to keep an eye on my broccoli so I don’t burn it again (not to mention my microwave Kashi dinner is almost done). Things are almost ready for The Bachelorette finale party! Ha!
I NEED to sit my butt on the couch after this long day (and feed my face).
I’m putting off responding to emails for one more day. Oops. I’m sorry if I owe you an email, comment or response on my Facebook page.
Tomorrow we’re either getting “cheesy” or a little serious around here. Hmmm… I can’t decide.
Hope you had a great Monday!