Another Vita Surprise!

Look what I just saw as I logged on to my Facebook page this afternoon!!!!!!!

image

Remember that picture from my last post? Well, it pulled through for me!

Holy moly! This week has been AMAZING!!!

I’ve been trying to be the Vitalicious fan of the month for a VERY long time. Look where a little persistence can lead you. Smile

Well, that, or they could just be sick of me or realized that I eat WAY too many Vitatops. Ha ha ha!

I’m sooooo excited!

That also reminded me that I didn’t share my new Vitatop love. I found these new sandwiches the other day on sale at Target (and I convinced Grandma D to buy her first box of Vitatops).

I had my first one the other day and was REALLY impressed (especially for only 150 calories). I usually make my own Not the Norm Breakfast Sandwich on their Vitabuns, but I was pressed for time and whipped out one of these. Yum.

As for the Target trip, Grandma D and I went there last weekend after The Gourmet “Pea” Experience.

I took some pictures of other things that I frequently buy at Target in case you want to see. If you don’t, just skip ahead. My feelings won’t be hurt. I just like to spy at what other people buy so I thought I’d show you.

Okay, well, I didn’t buy these, but DO love those carts (and those cute little dudes).

Soy Slender Soymilk is my favorite and Target has the best price.

Anything Skinny Cow is pretty darn delicious. I usually get the sandwiches at Costco, but the cones happen  to be on sale.

Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb spread for cheese sandwiches. Trader Joe’s carries it too for the best price, but it was on sale and I had a coupon.

Their light string cheese is pretty impressive.

I had to stock up on this Swiss Miss diet hot cocoa mix since Tracey told me it was delicious with Kirkland nonfat Greek yogurt.

IMG_5834 IMG_5836

These are all part of an experiment to mix them with my favorite cocoa powder to recreate a light version of Starbuck’s Salted Caramel Mocha. I want one so bad, but every time I’m in Starbuck’s I talk myself out of it because those calories listed up on that board are HIGH (and it’s expensive).

When the weather cools down (it’s in the high 90’s today), I’ll move forward with my little experiment.

We also bought ONE Grover microphone.

Not the best idea. It’s been in hiding after a little “learning how to share” incident.

Oh man, I had so many other things planned for this post, but Vitalicious threw me for a loop.

A couple more things before I go:

My friend Erin realized that the kitchen from the Bob Club Shoot was the same one he does his YouTube videos in. Naturally I had to watch one and thought I should share.

Here’s his protein shake video and recipe.

image

Video notes-

My boyfriend Bob needs to get himself a Vitamix. Too bad I’m selfish and won’t share my Vita.

He talks about the benefits of adding spinach and kale to smoothies. As if we needed one more reason to love him! Next time he should try adding it to muffins. I think he just might need my help for that.

I REALLY want to make a video in that cute little kitchen.

This morning, in honor of our new STUFT family additions, I whipped up my Lazy Mama Mocha Spinach Smoothie in my new Vitamix.

And quickly found out it was within Joaquin’s reach while Judah admired our other new friend.

Sorry, no photos of Joaquin. (I had to move quickly people.)

I managed to save the smoothie, the Vitamix and Joaquin (not in that order). Smile

(I think that travel cup needs a picture of Flat Kitty inside. Wouldn’t that be cool?)

And the highlight of our morning…. we took our Strollerwise workout inside the mall because it was too hot.

And found these cool sock monkey hats!

I was too cheap to buy them, but they made for a good picture.

In case you’re a new STUFT friend, I LOVE sock monkeys (and the Muppets- I can do a mean Beaker impression).

I’m off to teach a couple classes tonight and then an early morning spin class and a half day of work tomorrow. Eeek!

Have a great night!

Are there certain things that are always on your Target list?

Comments

Ty says:

Yay you won! Congratulations! :)

I house sat for a woman once who had TONS of sock monkeys just sitting at the foot of her bed on a large chest. Like DOZENS of sock monkeys…

It was freaking creepy.

And now I think of that every time I see one.

*Shudder*

Dozens of sock monkeys? Sounds awesome! How could that be creepy? Ha! :) Good idea about the sugar free caramel syrup. I thought about that. I have some good dark chocolate I can melt and try it your way.
      PS- I tried to comment on your blog, but it wouldn’t let me. Lettuce tasting like potato chips- you’re funny!

Ty says:

Oh one more thing. I don’t think you’re going to be able to recreate Starbuck’s cocoa with any powdered mixes.

Try getting the highest percentage dark chocolate you can find and melt it down. Go for unsweetened and it should be fairly low cal and very, very chocolately.

For the caramel flavor perhaps try a sugar free caramel syrup (Like Torani’s)!

I’ve almost purchased those egg and cheese VitaMuffins so many times! Next time I will for sure. Congrats on fan of the month! Can’t wait to see what you get in your sampler!

I suggest you go buy a lottery ticket STAT! You are on a roll! I’ve never had a Vitatop and am starting to feel a little deprived of many great products (hello salted caramel hot chocolate!) up here in small town Canada!

Jenny- someone else just told me that tonight at my class too! Maybe tomorrow! :) Oh……. you’re missing out without Vitatops up there. I’ll rty to recreate the drink for you though so you can make one for yourself. He he!

i had a spinach smoothie for breakfast!!! i almost feel guilty because it seems more like dessert!!!

I just found your blog and can I say that your boys are ADORABLE?!

Very very happy to have found another blog written by a mom trying to find balance. :)

Roselyn- thank you. You are too kind. Yes, love finding other MOM bloggers trying to figure out how to do it all. :) So glad to have found yours too! Hope you’re resting and taking time away from the computer this weekend! :)

Tracey says:

Wow, congratulations! I love VitaTops and I’m so happy for you! I live in South Florida and they’re buy-one-get-one a few time each year at Publix so I always stock up. They were just BOGO last month and I love them so much that my boyfriend bought me 82 boxes plus a big outdoor freezer just for my Vitas! See, you’re not the only crazy Vita lover!

Tracey- thanks! I’m so excited too! Love free samplers and LOVE Vitatops! I keep hearing about Publix. What is that? A store like Target? Um, okay, awesome that you have a whole freezer for Vitas. I’m jealous. I’m not sure Andrew would go for that. Ha!

• Tracey says:

Publix is this fabulous grocery store throughout the Southeast and they have lots of Vita flavors – banana nut, deep chocolate, apple crumb, blue bran, cran bran, the sugar free ones, the breakfast sandwiches and even the 6-packs of english muffins! I don’t like to order online because they don’t ship well in the year-round heat, and I only buy them when they’re BOGO – they’re usually $4.49 per 4-pk but when they’re BOGO they come out to something like 56 cents per Vita – can’t beat that! And the new freezer was because my boyfriend probably thinks I would have given away all the food in our kitchen freezer and filled it with Vitas – just kidding, he’s just an awesome guy! And I’ll bet Andrew would be just as awesome! Please enjoy your well-deserved prize and fill us in on every bite!

• STUFT Mama says:

Oh…. I would be dangerous in Publix. I’ve bene known to toss a couple of goods out to make room for Vitatops. he he. $.56 per Vita????? That is a STEAL! I can’t wait to see what’s in the pack! :) Have a great weekend! Just curious- What’s your favorite flavor?

• Tracey says:

My all-time favorite is Banana Nut, followed by Deep Chocolate. Then I like the Corn, Apple Crumb and all the Bran flavors. There really isn’t a bad one. What’s funny is that I only like to eat them frozen! They seem more satisfying that way since they take longer to eat, plus the coldness makes them taste even sweeter to me. Or maybe I’m just too impatient to wait for them to warm up – that’s probably the real reason! What about you? Actually, I must tell you that your frozen Vitas with Cool Whip won my boyfriend’s heart – that’s the only way he’ll eat them now!

• STUFT Mama says:

My favorite is the Triple Chocolate Chunk. I like the brownies a lot too. Actaully they’re all good, just like you said. ha! Thanks for mentioning the Cool Whip sandwich. I haven’t made those in awhile and I was trying to think of some new easy dessert treats. I know what I’m goign to do with some of my goodies from the sampler pack (which can’t get here fast enough). ha! Hope you’re having a great weekend Tracey!

Tracey says:

Thanks, you too! Have fun with all of your adorable boys!