Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
“Mommy Day” Highlights

“Mommy Day” Highlights

I DID just get my hair done yesterday to touch up my highlights (and get a much needed trim), but that’s not what this post is about.

Side note- I decided not to get my lip waxed this time though. I don’t want to take any chances in case I see “my boyfriend” again soon and all.

Let’s talk about a few eats in honor of What I Ate Wednesday.

I’ll spare you yet another picture of the same dinner I’ve eaten the past 3 nights. I will, however, tell you that I’ll still be smelling like a chili pepper tomorrow. And due to a slight sprinkling mishap, I’ll also be sporting a nice garlic scent as well. Lovely.

I declared today “mommy day”. Things have been so busy around here that I just wanted to spend some quality time with the boys (and make a dent in the piles of laundry).

It started with microwave versions of the Fall Apple Bake (with added apple chunks from the party).

And a little bit of a mess. Go figure.

I served them up with Cherry Pomegranate FAGE 0% and some Naturally More Peanut Butter.

And got to enjoy chug my first second favorite morning mocha of the season.

These guys had to copy me with the whole muffin and yogurt combo.

While a certain Kitty waited for some bowls to lick.

(He really needs another bath.)

Breakfast is my favorite.

I also got some fun things in the mail today.

1. A sample of the new Peppermint Clif Bar flavor.

2. A video for the Les Mills RPM instructor training. (I’m going next weekend.)

3. Most importantly, some donations for our race we’re running for Amelia. They made my day and will hopefully make the gift of hearing possible for an amazing young girl. I’ll be sending a special “thank you” your way!

Speaking of our race, while out and about today we tried to convince Staples to donate some color copies of our flyer I made.

image

I even had the boys trying to work their magic in the cart (and had just enough time to upload a picture to my Facebook page before things got a little iffy).

image

Their “magic” didn’t work. It might have something to do with the fact that their “magic” did not keep their hands inside the cart.

Oh well, at least I got a little discount.

Back at the STUFT pad, lunch was some Trader Joe’s veggie corndogs and Sbapple sandwiches for the boys.

I had some kale chips and roasted tempeh (I just baked everything together) and drizzled some jalapeño yogurt dip on top.

I impressed myself with how healthy it looked.

I did NOT impress myself by trying to eat kale chips with a fork. I don’t recommend trying it.

I also did NOT impress myself by signing up for two more races (Carlsbad Marathon and Hot Chocolate 15K) during naptime.

What was I thinking?

I SHOULD have been folding the laundry.

And, well….

I’m not going to be very impressive right now either because I’m too tired to write out the “highlight” recipe I wanted to share.

Oh well. Now I know what I’ll be posting about tomorrow. Smile

For now though, it’s bedtime.

One really great highlight of our day………

lots and lots of hugs!

Can you guess where we’re going tomorrow?

Or who might try to tag along?

Comments

I love the looks of that breakfast! I think I might need to try out one of you muffin recipes soon… And I love good mail days! 99% of the time all you get is junk but when it’s a good day, it’s almost exciting to get the mail! I have one the other day when I got my new shoes and DVDs in the mail in one day!! And races are so addicting! I wish I lived somewhere warmer so I could potentially do races sometime before like June… guess I will have to travel if I want to do that!!

Oh my goodness- the microwave muffins are addicting! 🙂 I have a bit of a problem.And I know, isn’t it weird how exciting it is to get mail? Funny.
      PS- I can’t imagine living somewhere where I couldn’t run year round. I bet that’s tough. Do you run on a treadmill?

• I do have a gym that I can run at but for the most part, I still try to run outside (even when I need chains for my sneakers to run in the ice and snow)! I don’t normally do any distance above 6 miles though… That kinda makes me sound like a crazy person!! Or just someone addicted to running, stuck in Wisconsin?? LOL!!

I want to see your hair! 🙂

Your apple bake looks like it was delish – especially withe the yogurt. Yum!

lindsay says:

my mug always overflows when I make those, but dang they are good. I need to try yoour apple version. Can I eat it like your kiddos? all over my face and totally happy!! haha.
    I like the nap time work, 2 more races? Love that idea.

I was about to say that you are a super mom for giving those kids yogurt…I’m so anal that we do mostly DRY and CLEAN foods around here. lol. Just don’t want to be constantly cleaning up. You’re a rockstar, Kristin!!

• STUFT Mama says:

The funny thing is that I give them that when I’m tired and don’t want a mess. I think I torture myself on purpose. Weird. I should be more like you. I’d be alot nicer in the kitchen. ha!

Maybe we just need bigger mugs. 🙂 The apple version is surprisingly easy and good. 🙂 Had one again today.
      If you do eat it like my boys please send me a picture. 🙂

shannon ayala says:

I can’t believe you are doing the Les Mills thing….one of my clients tried to do it and he said it was HELL!!! Good luck. See you on Saturday.

Cute post! That mocha looks AMAZING! I’ve been seeing kale chips everywhere lately! When I tried to make them, they came out…not so great but maybe I’m doing something wrong! You’ve got one cute kiddo 🙂

I was so excited to finally have a hot mocha again. 🙂
      Sometimes the kale chips don’t work out. Mke sure they’re in a single layer and cook them at 400. That might help. Don’t try to eata them with a fork though. ha!

Your kids are so cute!!!!

Your boys are sooo cute! And your cat totally cracks me up! He always looks so mad the world. Oh, and I’m stealing your tofu and kale combo. It looks amazing and I’ve got more tofu than I’d care to admit at home in my fridge waiting to be used. 😉

I know. He’s one grumpy cat. I think he’s bitter about having “manboobs”.
      Steal away…. but don’t try to eat it with a fork if you bake it. 🙂

Funny how when the kids are napping we have a long list of things to do and then when it comes right down to it we just want to relax and veg out for a least a few minutes We’re practically neighbors very cool. Good luck with your races. The most exciting thing I am doing today is shampooing my carpets.

Brook says:

No pic of the new hair color??? I am glad you took time to do something for yourself. You are always giving to everybody else. I’ve told you before, but I will tell you again, I love reading your posts! You are so creative.

Thanks Brooke. You’re too nice. My hair color is the same, just the same old, same old- got to touch up those roots every couple of months. 🙂 How is school?

Fall apple bake?? Want.
    Kristin your cat is adorable – but not as adorable as your boys 😉

Sarah broadwell says:

1. The new peppermint cliff bar is amazing!
    2. I’m super excited you are going through rpm training! You will come out of it feeling like a better instructor and you have this new comradery with the other people in your training. It’s such a challenging weekend but you will be so inspired and can push yourself harder than you thought you could. I haven’t done rpm but the three other les mills trainings I did I had the same experience in all of them.
    3. I would love to know how you first got into being an instructor. Did you have the passion for fitness that you do now from the beginning or did it come over time?
    Lastly, I made the balls cookies for my pump class the other day and they went crazy for them. New best cookie recipe ever!

Sarah-
      1. Can’t wait to try it.
      2. I’m nervous about RPM. I didn’t know it was going to cost a quarterly fee. Yikes. I’ll need to ask you some more questions about it.
      3. Always a passion for fitness. used to make my friends do workouts with me in my garage. Iddn’t really get the instructor bug until right after college though. Now I LOVE it more than anything! How about you? We need to email.
      4. Yay for making the ball cookies for your class. I want to come to your class. 🙂 I think these balls might make us some new friends. 🙂