Halloween Chicks

Good morning friends! I had this really great post planned for last night, but after a long day yesterday I got hit with some sort of sickness. I was down for the count. Seriously DOWN.

I couldn’t change my clothes. I couldn’t eat dinner. I just laid in bed feeling miserable with a fever and the chills. Lovely.

This morning is not much better. I’m not even craving my favorite morning mocha. That is NEVER a good sign. Something is definitely off.

It may have something to do with my last training run for our race for Amelia yesterday morning that did me in. I think it’s almost time to officially retire the stroller from racing.

Enough about me.

On to Halloween……

Check out how cool I used to be.

kris and kev halloween

Do you SEE that carrot? I wonder if it even crossed Mom’s mind to make the string a little shorter.

Ha ha!

Now THIS chicken costume I found at a garage sale a couple years ago. The first time it appeared was October 2009 when I was sick and pregnant and Andrew wanted to party it up at a Halloween party.

No, I didn’t go to the party in my pajamas. I DID drop Andrew off though and went home and crawled in bed.

Last year for the boys’ first Halloween I searched everywhere for some sock monkey costumes. They were sold out everywhere. I know, I was surprised too.

I found some chick costumes at the last minute and we made it a family affair.

This year we got lucky (well, maybe not Andrew) and the chicken costumes still fit.

We tried to get some good pictures yesterday.

IMG_6635IMG_6637IMG_6638IMG_6645IMG_6656IMG_6658IMG_6653IMG_6648

I wanted to get the perfect one, but we decided to call it a day.

And since Kitty wasn’t allowed outside for the fun we dressed him up inside.

IMG_6622IMG_6624IMG_6625IMG_6629

I tried to get him to wear that egg carton because, well, THAT would be funny. After a couple attempts though I gave up. It was a little too snug.

The boys also did some carving last night. I stayed away. It’s just not my thing.

IMG_6669IMG_6671IMG_6676IMG_6684IMG_6687IMG_6678

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Halloween!

I’m just hoping I make it through the day of teaching 5 classes. Ugh.

I saved the pumpkin seeds and want to try roasting them for the first time. I’ve seen so many recipes out thereon other blogs, but if anyone has some easy instructions and their favorite recipe I have to try let me know.

Ghost

Comments

Caitlin says:

Your little chickadees are TOO CUTE!! That bunny costume made me LOL. Thank goodness you aren’t dressing your little ones that way hahah!

I LOVE those costumes! All you need is a rubber chicken. :)

I roasted butternut squash seeds the other day, but you can do pumpkin seeds the same way. Or tomorrow I’m going to post the 3 ways I made pumpkin seeds from the roasted pumpkin I posted today! For the Butternut Seeds: http://www.sprint2thetable.com/2011/10/slow-food-and-curried-butternut-squash-dip/

Hope you feel better soon. There’s definitely something going around.

jennifer says:

So cute! Hope you get better! I ran the LA Rock N Roll half marathon yesterday and had my best time ever! But at the end decided I dont think I have it in me to do another full. I can’t imagine running with two toddlers in a stroller! Feel better soon! I can’t make it to the Bob workout this week. Is it still on? Will you be up for it? If you do, I want to hear all about it!

Jennifer- Congrats on your PR half marathon! Yay! SO fun! I hope you’re resting. I’m a little mad at myself for signing up for another full. Not looking forward to those long training runs. Ugh. Did you see that the Bob workout got reschuled again? Maybe it’ll be a day when you can go!

What cute chicks!! Poor kitty ;) Hope you feel better soon!

Mama Pea says:

Oh my goodness, those chicken costumes are too much.

I really hope you feel better! If you like salt and vinegar, I love these pumpkin seeds:

I bet chickens and pirates and dogs get along really well! :) Thanks for the recipe. Can’t wait to try it. Those darn seeds are still sitting on the counter.

Bridget says:

Oh Kristin, that bunny costume is too much! I think Joaquin kinda looks like Kevi in that picture.

Perdita says:

LOVE the pics. (All) your boys look adorable. I roast seeds every year. Wash and lightly dry them. Spray cookie sheet with any type of non stick spray (butter is yummy) Spread seeds. Lighlty salt and bake at 350 until they have browned a little. Cool and enjoy. Easy, quick, healthy and very yummy.

Now onto you – S-L-O-W down!! Your poor body is telling you to do that. When my husband was a marathoner, he was always getting sick. Too much of a good thing becomes not so good!

Hope you feel / get better soon.

Perdita- I’ve missed you! Yes, I know, SLOW DOWN. My sickenss was a long time in coming. Thanks for the recipe. I can’t wait to experiment with those darn seeds that are still sitting on the counter.

Perdita says:

p.s – I used garlic salt on seeds this time…YUM!!

Hope you feel better. Your boys are way too cute. I love the whole bright bird family, Happy Halloween!

Cutest little family of chicks EVER!!!!
    As for the seeds, I lay them on a cookie sheet after they are rinsed to dry out over night. Tomorrow I’ll mix up 3 different spices (spicy, sweet, salty). Then I roast them at 400 until they are crunchy. You really can’t make them wrong, unless you cook them too long ;)

FIVE classes!! I’d come sub for you if i was closer!!
    And the boys (and hubby) are adorable!

Lindsay- I found subs. Yikes. Not fun trying to find subs for that many classes. If you lived closer I would be BEGGING you to sub for me. :) I want to talk step choreography with you!

Beth Petrassi says:

That carrot is too much!! I hope you feel better soon. This is NOT a good time of year to get sick – hopefully you are getting it out of the way before November kicks in…. See you tonight (?).
    Happy Halloween!!

OMG! Those costumes are adorable on the boys!! I have never seen a chicken costume for kids before! My dog was a cow for halloween so between him and the boys, there is almost a full farm – lol!!

Feel better soon! Sickness is the worst :(

Liz says:

Soooo cute! Wish my little cow (Bella) could have played with her barnyard chicken pals @ strollerjam today! We miss you, Happy Halloween!

Okay I for real just DIED when I read that carrot comment. oh my gosh.