I Know I’m Sick When….

I don’t even want coffee in the morning.

I don’t want to talk or think about food all day.

I don’t turn the computer on all day.

I don’t touch my camera or take any pictures for 24 hours.

I don’t read any other blogs and don’t even get on Facebook to post anything.

I haven’t had anything green (smoothies, muffins, etc.) for two days.

I drive all the way out to teach a Stroller class only to have Judah barf three times in the car on the way there and have to turn around to come back home.

My only emails I send are to try to find subs for my classes.

I get an email that “my boyfriend” is canceling on me again and I’m not even phased by it.

The only exercise I get is from cleaning Judah’s mess out of the car and car seat crevices (which actually was NOT easy).

Those darn pumpkin seeds are still sitting on the counter waiting to be roasted.

I didn’t make my special Halloween sugar cookies.

I actually took a nap in the afternoon while the boys were sleeping.

It took all the energy that I had to do the 4 loads of laundry from my sick boys.

I went to bed without dinner two nights in a row.

More importantly (as Andrew put it) I went to bed without dessert two nights in a row.

I was asleep by 9:30 both nights (which is usually the time I actually get to sit and eat dinner).

I feel horrible that we all missed our annual Halloween party at my sister-in-law’s house with all the nieces and nephews. The boys would’ve had so much fun. Andrew said we were “quarantined”. At least they don’t know the difference yet. There’s always next year, right?

I didn’t have one piece of Halloween candy. Come to think of it, we didn’t have any trick-or-treaters either. It’s a good thing though because I didn’t have anything for them (except for unroasted pumpkin seeds).

Things are looking up this morning. Thank goodness. I need to remind myself to take it easy today (I have the tendency to not let myself rest as much as I should).

We plan on just trucking along over here and taking things slow.

(Sorry, had to get these pictures from the other weekend in here that were never used.)

IMG_6340IMG_6342IMG_6345IMG_6346IMG_6348

If you want a great workout check out my friend Lindsay’s blog for her Tuesday Trainer series. It’s awesome!

lindsayslist.co-tuesday_trainer

I hope you had a fun Halloween. What did you do?

Comments

oh no!! Feel better! Take it easy Kristin! Seriously!

I’m the same way – SO bad at taking rest days!! But we need them! So rest, stuftmama!!

Beth Petrassi says:

Sounds like you are on the mend…. If you don’t want to end up “down for the count” again, you need to take it easy and let your body use its energy to get well. Rest and feel better – no pressure, but too many people need you well to inspire them to take care of themselves! Glad you are feeling better today.

TOtally taking things easy today, but at least I don’t get wiped out from walking across our teeny tiny house carrying a laundry basket. ha! Missed you last night.

Glad you’re finally feeling a little better today! That’s sad to be sick over a “holiday,” but at least you still have pumpkin seeds to look forward to. 🙂

Robin Baker says:

so sorry Kristin! this is the season! I just went to the doc today and the waiting room was PACKED. I have bronchitis and wheezing 🙁 Puke in the car is NO FUN, been there. If you need to borrow my steam cleaner you totally can!

Yeah, I may have to take you up on the steam cleaner. That “smell” is hard to get out of the car- yes? Bleh. YOU take care of yourself. Poor thing. What can I bring you mama?

Oh I hope you feel better. I am just now getting over being sick. Maybe you will be done with it for the truly indulgent holidays coming up.

I hope you feel better too Marie. Moms beign sick is just not right. 🙂 Yes, hopefully we’ll both be done so we can truly appreciate the holidays coming up.

Ugh, sorry you felt so sick! I hope you feel better soon!

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better! Hopefully you continue in that direction 🙂 And maybe it’s a good thing you didn’t have trick or treaters… I have decided they get ruder and ruder each year 🙁 My only semi-Halloween activity was running in a Haunted Hustle on Saturday! First time I dressed up in probably 8-10 years! Have a good night!

Just checked out your dog- too cute. 🙂 Thanks Kinley! Good point about the trick-or-treaters getting ruder and ruder each year. I didn’t miss that. 🙂

oh, no! I hope you are all out of quarantine soon – feel better, mama!

I am just catching up now and was sad to see you were sick! Being sick is one thing but when you still have to be a mom it takes it to a whole other level…someone needs to give kids the memo that mom needs rest too 🙂