Catching Up With Some Friends

Wouldn’t it be nice if the whole world just stopped when we’re sick? It’s so hard to make myself rest and let everything happen around me. It’s not like my life wasn’t a game of trying to catch up before.

I have all these things that happened last weekend I never got to share so thought I’d share them now. This is going to be a bit random. More pictures and less rambling. That’s probably a good thing.

Time to catch up with some “friends” from last weekend.

Friday night friends

Bud Light Lime while making some taco pie is pretty much the idea of a great Friday night.

Trying to shake the salsa jar AFTER I loosened the lid was not a great idea.

Neither was asking Andrew to take some pictures while I made dinner.

So unflattering.

While Andrew was taking pictures the boys were chanting “broccoli”. I was so proud.

They chanted, I delivered.

They were a little more amused by the picture taking than I was.

Taco pie dinner two weeks in a row. Loved it.

I also loved some STUFT Fro yogurt for dessert with some STUFT Dark Chocolate sauce and Reddiwip.

IT was the prefect Friday night.

Saturday friends

An early morning easy treadmill run.

Followed by a lazy mama mocha spinach smoothie

and a beautiful sunrise.

Then on to boot camp.

Aww….. a few of my STUFT boot camp friends. Love these ladies!

I must say I am one nice mama for bringing home Starbucks after boot camp.

Our big adventure last weekend was adding to our STUFT family.

We needed some new fish friends.

IMG_6581IMG_6585IMG_6584

We did NOT make any human friends at Fish Haven by letting our boys walk run around by themselves. Good thing we got everything we needed.

We even had a lunch date with our special Uncle Kevi (and Kitty).

After Kevi left I snuck in a late afternoon snack date with this Vitalicious brownie friend.

Later that night we had some curious late night friends.

Sunday Friends

My morning pre-run meal was my favorite bread with some peanut butter and a banana.

After 12 hilly miles pushing that darn stroller I tried to sit and catch up with some Us Weekly friends. I just happen to find “my boyfriend” in there.

Yeah, he’s still on the fridge even though he’s cancelled our second date about 3 times now.

I indulged in this mighty chocolate microwave muffin with some PB2 while I attempted some quality reading.

My “stud puffin” friends joined me (and made sure I didn’t have time to actually “read”) with some Creamalicious Frosting on their bagel.

It was a very FRIENDLY weekend until about 6 pm Sunday night when I pretty much felt like I got run over by a truck.

I can’t remember anything after that. ha!

Wait, I do remember one short conversation Andrew and I had:

Me “I think our boys are my best friends.”

Andrew “They’re your only friends.”

Love that guy.

There’s still a week to get in on the Amazing “Peas” raffle for Amelia and we’re still taking any donations for our big race for Amelia coming up next weekend! I can’t believe it’s only a week away!

Have a wonderful day today FRIENDS! Smile

Flat Kitty is “spicing” things up tomorrow with a special giveaway!

Comments

Beth Petrassi says:

I shook a bottle of that Blue Machine juice with the lid off once. It was awful!! Especially since I took the lid off(?) duh. What a mess and the family laughing at me (I deserved it). My dogs wouldn’t lick it up – that is how I usually clean up messy spills (just kidding). Glad you are feeling better!

Brandy says:

While I know that your boys aren’t your only friends, the response you got from Andrew made me smile only because that is the Andrew I know! :-) I”m glad you are feeling better. And, thanks to your picture, I am now craving taco pie! I know what I am havng for dinner.

I am forever trying to teach my oldest daughter how to take good pics in hopes that she will take beautiful pics of me. I tell her (if it’s a group shot), Emry just make sure I look good, I am the only one who counts. She just rolls her eyes.

Robin Baker says:

ha ha ha. So many great things to love about this post.
    1. every mother dreams her kids chanted broccoli. mine gag at the thought.
    2. my husband does the same thing with the camera
    3. I’ll trade you butt shots…mine is pregnant. ugh
    4. love the fishies! our kids love our fish tank, it was a great investment. plus: no poop to scoop or barf to clean up! perfect pets
    5. love that framed photo next to the fish ;)

My beautiful friend Robin took that photo in the frame. She is an amazing photographer and I love her! :) Yeah, I told Andrew I will have no part of cleaning or feeding the fish. Hopefully the live for awhile. ha! That saggy butt shot is not very blog appropriate. Hey, I’m wearing the same pants right now. :) Love you!

lol…Henry and Clara are definitely my only and best friends! Henry can now respond back to me, unlike previous years, when it was just me talking to him (aka talking to myself)

Lindsay- OMG. Too funny. I talk to the boys (myself) nonstop and Andrew’s always asking me who I’m having conversations with. Good to know they’ll eventually respond back.

look at those two broccoli cuties! so awesome they chant for it. ;)

and genius setup with the fan in front of the treadmill!! I have a fan IN mine, but it’s definitely not doing the job. going to move our portable fan in front of mine now… ;)

Too funny! I read that same article in US Weekly and found myself wondering what kind of trainer can kick Bob’s butt?!? Hard to believe there is someone more intense than him out there!!

Ameena says:

Oh I do wish things would just stop when I’m sick. Or even just one thing. But nope. It doesn’t happen.

Cute stripes!

I have a tendancy to put things back in the fridge without tightening lids, then my husband is always the next one to use it – oops!
    What is it with kids and broccoli?? It is Lincoln’s favourite food right now and he usually eats it all before we get any. Good thing I bought a huge bag at Costco on Sunday (my mom is here and has a card so i took advantage!) so he can eat it to his hearts content :)
    I want fish but don’t want to have to clean a tank. Ever.

Jenny- I won’t be touching those fish. Hopefully they live and Andrew knows what he’s doing. ha! I buy those huge bags of broccoli from Costco too! The best deal ever! Fabulous that it’s Lincoln’s favorite. That guy rocks!

Denise says:

Great post Kristin! Made me laugh, sigh and cheer! Thanks for the daily dose of reality and inspiration!

oh my gosh how very cool they wanted broccoli! i’m not sure my mom even remembered to make broccoli as a kid, so I had to learn to love veggies later on my own. Love the sunrise and the fish…what a great time all around!

lindsay says:

those are some awesome friends. I might just be best friends with that taco pie and brownies. Perfect friday night to me.
    I love that your boys chanted broccoli. now thats talent!

Sarah M says:

I’m going to be giving that Taco pie a try real soon!

1. [...] That’s them cheering for broccoli. [...]