Try It Thursday- A Move of the Week and More

Hold up.

Holy breakfast Batman.

Yep. That was my breakfast today. Baked Mean Green French Toast with Trader Joe’s Frozen Cherry Berry Blend, some Kirkland Nonfat Greek Yogurt, a tablespoon of Naturally More peanut butter and some sugar free maple syrup.

Man oh man. I sure know how to start a morning.

The boys got some too. It just didn’t look nearly as nice so I didn’t take any pictures.

Try It Time:

I’m not sure if you’ve ever seen this Bagel Spice stuff.

It’s pretty cool. It can make anything taste just like an everything bagel. I’ve only tried it on egg whites and cream cheese before, but the other day I put it on some kale chips along with a few other spices/seasonings.

They were just fantastic.

So was my Flatout chicken wrap that went with them.

And ever since our big race I can’t get enough of this healthy cookie dough dip.

Yesterday I subbed in some of this for the vanilla extract.

And added a Baker’s semi-sweet baking square.

I not only had it with some Flatout cinnamon crisps

but used the remaining dip as frosting on a Vitatop.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before.

I bet it would also be good on top of a Jell-O sugar free pudding cup. Hmm…..

Anyway.

Moving on.

The Move of the Week.

I’ve been loving this move lately. Hopefully everyone in my classes has been loving it also. Ha ha!

This is a great core strengthening move which also targets the chest with the added push up.

It can be modified by putting your knees on the ground.

It is best when you have a watch so you can hold each position a specific amount of time (5, 10, 15 seconds, etc.).

I like to alternate sides- let my right arm lead first (up and down) and then do the same with the left.

Your head should stay neutral and make sure to breathe.

Here’s our video. The boys decided to “help”.

Plank Push Up- With an Added Toddler Weight

Video Notes-

This move gets A LOT harder for me about 33 seconds in.

Yes, Joaquin likes to play “horsy”. Could be worse.

I wish they knew how to actually use that vacuum instead of just playing with it and making me vacuum the house for their enjoyment.

I’m really glad you can’t see my toenails because they are NOT a pretty sight these days. This mama needs some help.

Try it!

I will try not to show you any more pictures of peanut butter cookie dough dip or my new broccoli slaw concoction for at least a week.

Don’t forget, there’s still time to enter the Lollihop giveaway!

Try that too!

He he!

Comments

Stephanie says:

Wow! That’s the most colourful breakfast I think I’ve seen! And you’ve intrigued me enough that I’m going to click to learn more about green french toast AND cookie dough dip. (Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?) I’m impressed that you can do that move with a toddler on your back! Joaquin is so cute.

Bagel spice sounds incredible! I’ve never seen it – did you find it at Whole Foods?

katie says:

Getting a comment from you made my day!! I LOVE your blog! and LOVE your recipes!! You are like a super mom, seriously, and so beautiful!! I want to be you when i grow up!

DANG girl!! Look at those arms!! Love this move too…we do it on our steps during bootcamp, going up on the step for the pushup part. killer.

Awwwwww I love your move of the week!!! How cute was this?! Ok, seriously your guns are amazing, how do you ever get them that defined?! I need me some guns!!!

xxoo

Kris- You’re making me blush. I think it’s from years of being a gymnast. Teaching fitness classes pretty much everyday helps too! :) Don’t be modest- you have some guns yourself. :)

I cannot even tell what your breakfast is, but it looks delicious! And I LOVE the toddler push up! Great way to workout and include the kids!

stacey says:

I commented yesterday about protein balls and i thought i would share my fav. recipe.
    1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup honey or agave (i never use that much)
    1 cup protein powder (i use whe
    y protein)
    mix together and add a total of 4 cups of any of the following
    sunflower seeds
    cranberries
    chocolate chips
    oats
    granola
    flax seeds

I used:
    choc chips (just a handful)
    multi-grain cheerios
    oats
    flax seeds

mix them all together, roll into balls, put them in the fridge or freezer.
    enjoy!!!!

That is one of the hardest moves for me! You are my hero for doing it with him on your back…dang woman! Your eats look amazing! I love kale chips. I really want to make them for Thanksgiving, but i know the grief I will get from my in-laws for eating that in front of them. Max (my 10 year old) and I LOVE them! Oh and love that breakfast! YUM!

BAGEL spice? I guess they can make anything now-a-days.

TC says:

How cute are your boys?! It’s great that they get to be a part of your exercise and eating healthy. I was doing lunges down the hallway today and my two year old was saying “AGAIN AGAIN!” Then we did jumping jacks together and he requested “honeys!” (high knees). He’s quite the drill sargent.

Ha ha! Joaquin does the same to me, but it’s “up”when I’m in that plank position. :) These toddlers sure make us work don’t they? His new thing is telling me to “run” to. What is up with that? Love the “honeys” request.

I think I need to try the cookie dough dip again. Last time I made it, it just didn’t do it for me. Maybe I did something wrong… You’ve convinced me to give it another shot! And I just decided what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow – your Mean Green French Toast! Can’t wait for it! ;)