Cleaning Things Up

I need to do some cleaning.

And not just in the kitchen with a little “help”.

imageIMG_7346IMG_7349

I mean I need to do some major cleaning (and organizing).

(By the way, I know the scary green room doesn’t look any different from the old pictures. But wanted to share that the table on the right is filled with my pregnancy scrapbook that I never finished. Um, hello. It’s been two years later. I have problems. Please don’t judge.)

It’s not just these two rooms either. It’s everything: finances, closets, this blog, STUFT Fitness, my diet, marathon training, purse, diaper bag, car, etc.

I’m in a bit of a slump. And I better find my way out soon.

This past week has flown by. I can’t believe Andrew’s staycation is over. Hey look, he had some cleaning to do too.

His helper wasn’t as involved as my two were.

Ha ha!

I know the next month is going to be crazy.

I’m not sure if I’m quite ready for it.

Not only has this past week flown by (without getting anything done that I thought I would), but I’ve also eaten more than my fair share of food (and desserts).

Ugh.

I’m very stubborn person. I’m good at making specific goals and working hard to reach them, but I’m not good at prioritizing daily tasks and dealing with big life issues/decisions.

I like to block things out. Instead of dealing with pressing issues (or things I should be doing), I create other things that take up my time and attention instead.

Isn’t that lovely?

I also tend to let things pile up (if you haven’t noticed). Then I reach a breaking point where I feel overwhelmed, stressed out and have no idea where to start.

Ever since our Silver Strand Half Marathon for Amelia I’ve been struggling a bit trying to get caught up with everything that I had put aside until after the race.

Until now.

Time to clean it up Kristin.

So, here’s to a new start. A focus on cleaning up all over the darn place, being healthy, taking care of myself and my loved ones, getting enough sleep, finally tackling my MO, figuring out how to add a few more miles each week for my upcoming marathon to my already hectic schedule and to live life the way God wants me to.

Should be a piece of cake right?

Speaking of cake, my plan of attack the next few weeks is to stick to healthy options I can make at home instead of indulging on high calorie desserts (since I’ve had quite a few the past week). I wrote a couple of my “go-to” sweet snacks for the SunButter blog last week. Come to think of it, I haven’t had my dark chocolate fudge for awhile either and that always takes care of my rich chocolate cravings. It’s easier for me to stay away from all those other not so good for you sweets when I know I can make my own versions at home.

One day (and one task) at a time.

And, just to make sure I leave you on a light note.

Did you see the Biggest Loser special from last Wednesday?

IMG_7329IMG_7331IMG_7333

I did. SmileI watched it last night with my friends.

Kitty, broccoli slaw spaghetti, cheese sandwiches and some of my favorite wine.

I know Bob, I’m upset we haven’t had another Bob Club date too.

Happy Cyber Monday!

What exactly is that anyway? Or is it better that I don’t know?

Comments

lindsay says:

i think you can do it! and if you don’t, its okay. Life goes on. You’ve got a great crew of support!

Shauna says:

Kristin, your honesty is sweet. I wish I could be there to help you with your projects, I love this kind of stuff. !!!! From my perspective over here it seems like your priorities are very straight. I love your dedication as a mother and dedication to help others in need. With regard to your scrapbook, well it’s right here….your blog. :) Take care, Shauna

Thanks Shauna. Yes, the blog will have to serve as my scrapbook. Maybe I’ll just post the address in the last finished page and call it quits. :) I might have to do the same with they boys’ baby books. ha!

I hear ya – this time of year gets incredibly busy and it’s hard to stay on top of everything! November is more that way for me with all the things that go on at school. Hopefully December will be a piece of cake!

I actually did cyber black Friday – everything was already on sale and I didn’t have to fight the crowds.

Good luck cleaning. I need to do the same… ugh.

This time of year is tough to stay on top of things. I spent 5 hours yesterday morning cleaning and organizing my house. With an upcoming 5 day trip, I feared if it didn’t get done now, I’d be a mess through the whole rest of the month. Good luck, you can do it :)

Ug, totally with you on the overwhelmed feeling this week! And feeling like the sweets were just little too plentiful over the weekend and the pants are just a wee bit too tight this morning… But I really like how you said “Just one day at a time” – I needed to be reminded of that! Today will be better and we’ll just go from there!

On the tackling large projects note, I also know how you feel! One trick I have found for actually starting to make progress if to sort of break it into little pieces and go from there. I’ll tell myself – work for 20 minutes on what you can and then you’re done for the day or tackle that particular pile and call it done for the day. For some reason, when I am so daunted by what I have to do, I do nothing but when it’s a small piece, I don’t mind as much and will be more likely to keep with the small bits each day! Good luck and Happy Cleaning!

I totally stayed up to watch the Biggest Loser Thanksgiving special. I’m sure you’ll be back on the horse in no time. Don’t be too hard on yourself, you deserve to just do what feels good for awhile! I’m kind of ignoring Cyber Monday (I don’t really get it either) but I don’t have money to spend so whatevs :D

Sara- I totally ignored Cyber Monday too. I don’t have money to spend either. :) Who needs Cyber Monday when they have the Biggest Loser Thanksgiving Special anyway? :)

SO feelin’ this post!! I’m the same way! It’s so hard to prioritize this time of year! I can kick my butt in the gym, but when it comes to eating, all I want are sweets! I’m going to focus on not restricting though (doesn’t work for me) and instead, focus on what I CAN have (lots of fruits and vegetables!).

Lindsay- ME TOO! I can work out like no other, but all those darn goodies are hard to resist this time of year. It’s hard to say no (especially after a glass of wine). :) Restricting never works for me either. Leads to no good. Let’s have a fruit and veggie par-tay! :) Hugs!

In good time those boys will be mowing the lawn and doing dishes. My daughter is 11 and she is awesome with the cleaning rags and the lawnmower.
    I hate to admit it but I kind of did overdo it on the sweets this past week. It’s a new week right? I am with you on starting fresh!
    And I totally missed the Biggest Loser special. On the commercial I saw that the one lady who lost her family got engaged! I can’t remember her name but her spirit and attitude were so infectious, she will always be my favorite, her and Tara.

Oh Marie- if those are the two you love, then you would love the special. :) I cna’t wait until the boys are mowing the lawn and really doing the dishes (instead of putting clean ones back on the dirty side). :)
      Yes, here’s to a new week and starting fresh! :) Cheers to you and our fresh start!

You just reminded me that I still don’t know who left the Biggest Loser last week.. Time to go read the recap because, like you, I definitely have other things I should be doing instead of catching up on my shows :)
    Good luck with your plan of attack. I have a “junk” room too that is full of baby clothes. I should have been organized when I was putting them away (and by putting away I mean throwing them in there as I walked by) but instead I have created a monster!
    Also, my husband was talking about how awesome Kitty is to our friends this weekend :)

Jenny- oh “junk” rooms are dangerous. Ours is SUPPOSED to be a play/craft room. So sad. Tell your hubby Kitty wants to give him a hug! Or dance with him? ha ha! :) Good luck with your “room”. :)

The pics of your menacing looking kitty make me giggle every time! :D

And I hear ya on eating more than my fair share of goodies… I’m totally going to make some more of my baked dessert hummus balls in an effort to still feed my raging sweet tooth, but in a much healthier and happier way! :D

Stephanie says:

Oooh…will I insult you if I say that your cat looks possessed? Ha! I know what you mean about getting organized. I sometimes feel like most of my problems in all areas of my life – procrastinating, losing stuff, eating poorly – can all be pared down to a simple lack of organization. I’m getting better at keeping things organized, but it’s a long, slow journey.

Stephanie- no insult. People have said much worse about Kitty. ha ha! I totally feel like all those thigns you mentioned go hand in hand. If I’m eating better, getting sleep, etc. I’m more on top of everything else. But then the opposite is true too. Like a downward spiral. At least I know how to catch it now before it gets too ugly. :) Cheers to our long, slow journey, but making every single step count! :)

Oh goodness, I feel the overwhelm right now!! I sense that a lot of peeps are in this vibe right now. You should see my front closet that needs to be organized and I want to just keep the door closed and never go back into it!

xxoo

Gosh you sound like me! I am a mess right now! I feel like I have no time to organize which is the first part of the problem. My house is a wreck with me working, studying, running around like a crazy woman (I know you do that too)…where to even begin? Good luck with your goals Kristen. I need to do this too. You’ve inspired me!

Oh Sarena- it’s so hard to know where to start, right? At least we know we’re not the only ones. :) Good luck with everything you have going on over there too! You are one busy mama! :)

Shannon says:

I can relate 110%!!! The only thing that really helps me is visualizing myself organizing and then what it will look like all cleaned up. I guess it’s like how they say to visualize working out when you’re having trouble getting motivated. Anyway, all that stuff will get done when it gets done. As long as you are enjoying your family – because that’s what REALLY matters. :)

Shannon- I totally was thinking of you when I wrote this because I feel like we relate to each other so much with stuff like this. :) I knew you would understand. :) I need to visualize things more. It helps, yes?Maybe if I visualize my house being clean enough it’ll happen on its own. ha ha! Just kidding. Hope you’re doing well! :)

1. [...] due to a very hectic schedule and teaching 5 and a half hours of fitness classes, there was no cleaning up around the house today. My messes will have to last another day. Oh [...]

2. [...] Yikes. I have yet to get our Christmas decorations and am still slowly trying to make progress on cleaning things up around [...]