Just Can’t Get Enough

Well, okay, it’s officially December. Yesterday we lived up the last day of November. Did anyone else enjoy that extra day?

image

Ha ha!

Without going into too much detail, one of my dear friends just went through something so tragic I can’t even imagine. A special post dedicated to her story and her family is in the works.

When tragedy strikes to someone you love and care about it gives you a new perspective on the many blessings you have.

Yesterday, we counted our blessings all day.

First off I couldn’t get enough hugs, smiles and laughs with my boys. That’s pretty much every day though.

Then I realized I could not have any more ripe bananas.

So naturally after Strollerwise we could not get enough Green Gobblin’ Muffins.

I made two batches.

Regular with sprinkles for the boys. For mine I nixed the sprinkles, subbed in granulated Splenda for the sugar and only used 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.

Someone was a little impatient for them to cook.

I was too actually, but was distracted by having to sweep up all the sprinkles on the kitchen floor.

IMG_7445IMG_7446IMG_7452

We could not get eat enough of these awesome muffins once they were done.

You’ve got to try these. I know the whole green eggs and oats might be a little too much, but these, my friends, you’ve got to try. I will try to edit this post later this weekend and attach an easy print recipe version.

I had to doctor my muffin up of course.

In the bowl: one huge green gobblin’ muffin, a vanilla Chobani yogurt, frozen mixed berries, a few oats and chia seeds and a scoop of SunButter.

Obviously I can’t get enough pictures of those muffins from either. Ha!

We also couldn’t get enough of saying  “Baby Jesus” and carrying Him from room to room

while listening to this CD.

image

For dinner last night I couldn’t get enough chili peppers or Scotty B’s in my broccoli slaw concoction.

And our refrigerator can never have enough Scotty B’s hot sauce.

Ha ha ha!

I also got my huge box of Torani syrups yesterday. Less than 24 hours after I ordered. Not too shabby.

I can’t have enough, right? These should last a very long time. No more Starbucks for me.

Oh man, and would you look at who I almost forgot again?

I mean, no one can get enough Flat Kitty right?

Hey, get out of there. Those are not for you.

Last night Flat Kitty also made sure I went to bed before midnight.

Workout post coming tomorrow. Oops. I’m a day behind. That “extra day” threw me off.

Happy Flat Kitty Friday! Hope you get more than enough hugs, smiles, laughs and love today!

*There’s still time to enter the Spicing Things Up Again Giveaway!

Comments

Sprinkles make everything delicious! Obviously Flat Kitty agrees. :-)

I know I said it before, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend. Her pain (and her husband’s) is palpable.

As for the muffins…I’ll be right over. My guess is you have plenty for me too! have a great Friday!

lindsay says:

i’m about green in all my food. Its more fun anyway. Thoughts and prayers are with your friend too. Happy Friday!

My dad had that John Denver/Muppet RECORD. I used to love dancing around to it at Christmas. Ah, the classics. :)

I think those muffins look fantastic! I like the way you ate yours, totally my style.

Beth Petrassi says:

I am so sorry for your friend family’s loss. I pray for their ability to cope and for healing.

I HAVE to try the green muffins – just waiting for my bananas to ripen… wondering if I could use pumpkin and a little cinnamon? Thanks for the inspiration, I need the daily read – it is sometimes my only moment of remembering to try to make the “right”/better choices. I am a work in progress.

Ooo.. if you try the pumpkin let me know if it works. I like these because of the little bit of coconut oil. It gives them the right amount of sweetness and moisture. Mmm….
      Um, Beth, thank YOU for reading (and for coming to my classes and for being my friend…). Sometimes I feel like blogging is so selfish. I think we’re all a work in progress. :) I know I am too!

Ahhh…I had missed Flat Kitty. Pet him for me!

Erin C. says:

When you get through those, you have to try the sugar free Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Torani syrup. SO good!!

Counting your blessings every day is very important but I know what you mean about tragedy making you more thankful for the gifts in your life. Hug your boys (and Andrew) tight!

Oh, I just saw that one. Darn it. It looks yummy! In a latte right? They have so many darn flavors. Yes, I need to remember to count blessings EVERY DAY! :)

I have to hide sprinkles from Lincoln because he just wants to eat them straight from the bottle :) And if he had one of those muffins chances are he would just eat the sprinkles off the top and give me the rest – toddler slobber and all!

Awww, that baby Jesus is so cute! I bet that is a very cute nativity :) I’ll be praying for your friend…

I hope everything is okay with your friend! And I say bring on december – the longer it goes, the closer I get to break!

I want those muffins SO bad! And OMGawd that’s an amazing Toriani haul! I had no idea they had so many fabulous flavors…. I may have to capitalize on that soon!! :)

Candice says:

So glad I stumbled upon your blog! your boys are adorable!! I also have twins boy/girl 16 months.. Getting busy!! Its fun to meet other twin moms/fitness instructors! We lead a crazy life..
    Those muffins look delish! I’m bookmarking your blog now!

Candice- yay! Me too! Aren’t twins so fun? Just wait- each day gets busier and busier. Ha!!! we say it was easy when they weren’t mobile. :) I’m off ot check out your blog! :)