No Words, Just Love

No, I’m not talking about The Next LOVE Grown Foods Blogger contest (although if you feel so inclined to “like” my picture I will be forever thankful- he he).

Today I’m not talking about myself (besides my previous statement) or food or my eggs and oats.

Today’s post is dedicated to my dear friend.

I’m not sure if I can even find the right words to do this post justice.

When you witness someone you love and care about go through something tragic it breaks your heart. Life in general gets put into perspective and you find yourself appreciating your many blessings.

It also serves as a reminder that Someone has a master plan for all of us and the only way to get through the difficult times is to rely on Him.

Meet one of my best friends Robin. We’ve been friends since 7th grade and experienced many of life’s lessons together.

She is one truly amazing woman.

Over the past week her courage, faith and strength have been indescribable.

I have no words, just love for her and her precious family and prayers. Lots and lots of prayers.

Yesterday we were present to see two little angels put to rest.

2011-12-06 19.27.55

Two little angels that never got a chance to be here on earth with us.

Last Wednesday Robin’s Monoamniotic twins were born peacefully sleeping into the hands of their mother and father after they had become entangled in each others umbilical cords.

2011-11-30 08.27.15

Yesterday’s service reminded us that although they may not get the chance to be here on earth, their lives were not lost, but deferred.

At 24 weeks Elijah Barry (1.14 lbs.) and Henry Lee (1.12 lbs.) were perfect in every way.

2011-11-30 11.20.34

Just to give you a little idea of the amazing woman Robin is, when I asked her if I could write a little post for her, the response was “I’d be honored to share their story.” She also had the strength to write this on her Facebook page the day of the delivery:

“We are heavy with grief but comforted by our Heavenly Father who is wise beyond our comprehension and loves us with an everlasting love. Thank you all for your love, support, and kind words and acts of service for our family ♥”

She is incredible and so are her two little angels that are waiting up in heaven to meet their heroic mother someday.

2011-12-07 16.35.47

2011-12-07 16.38.29

The hospital, burial and funeral fees have cost the family over $5000. If you would like to donate to the family they have a special PayPal fund set up here.

Any financial help would be greatly appreciated.

You can also read a little more about her story here on her doula Rosie’s blog.

Robin is also an incredible mother to three older (and quite energetic) boys. She has her hands full and is an inspiration to all mother’s out there with her faith, wisdom and love she shares with her friends, family and clients every single day.

Please keep Robin and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

I hope this Christmas season you take time to appreciate all the blessings you may have, spend time with your loved ones and treat each precious moment life has to offer as a gift.

I’m going to do the same.

Hugs! BIG hugs today!

Robin- I love you!

Comments

Candice says:

I’m so sorry robin. I can’t imagine how difficult this may be for you right now. I had a friend go into preterm labor with her twin boys at 22 weeks and both passed away shortly after being born. No words can describe how much this hurts. have faith and continue to stay close to heavenly father. I strongly believe families are forever. Hugs!

Wow, this story brought tears to my eyes and gave me a heavy heart. You are in my thoughts and prayers, Robin. What an admirable and incredible woman you are!

Thanks for sharing this story. It is SO sad but the faith of that Facebook message was incredible. I can’t imagine.

Robin Baker says:

I will definitely keep them in my thoughts. Much love her way.

Mama Pea says:

My prayers are with you all. God bless you.

Brandi Ballard says:

Beautiful Kristin. <3

Oh my goodness!! I can’t even imagine! Praying for you all!!

Joanna Kunz says:

Such a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing.

Much love and prayers to Robin and her family.

stephanie*s says:

Wow, such an emotional story but so inspiring to show that even through the toughest events there is always a plan and we, as human beings can get through it with the right friends, family, and faith leading the way. Thank you, Robin for allowing your story to be shared. Your two beautiful boys will be looking over you forever. My prayers are with you.

Erin says:

I can’t imagine. Robin and her family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Their strength is beyond inspiring.

Sandy says:

I have a huge knot in my throught and tears in my eyes for this incredible family….Your a good friend to her Kristin, and she has an amazing attitude, I think that’s just what we need to get us through things that we never thought or imagined we could ever get through……My heartfelt condolences

What a terribly sad event, but what an amazing show of strength she has. I can’t imagine dealing with something like that, her trust in the Lord is such an inspiration. Please pass on my condolences and know that I will be praying for her.

lindsay says:

my thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her precious babies. May god’s loving arms embrace them all right now. xoxo

Strong Women like Robing so reinforce what we are capable of. Thank you for sharing her heartbreaking but uplifting story.

Brandy says:

Kristin, I cannot imagine what Robin must be feeling but I really admire her strength and faith. Condolences to her and her family.

This brought tears to my eyes. God bless your friend and those sweet little babies. <3

Kristen, when you posted this on FB, my heart just stopped. I am beyond amazed at the strength Robin has. I do believe there is a place for all of our little ones that were too precious for our world. I can’t wait to meet mine one day. (mind you my experience was not nearly as traumatic as Robins) My thoughts and prayers are with the little angels, Robin and her husband.

How incredibly horrible that your friend had to go through that. I am so glad her spirits are up. I will be praying for her!

I will be praying for your friend and her family. Thanks for sharing.

My heart breaks for this family!!!! I am sending prayers their way and heading over to the PayPal page to donate some $$$.

Marysol says:

Wow, I just can’t imagine. I would like to donate some money put the link isn’t working. Can you message me the link? Marysolblomerus {at} gmail {dot} com.

Nadine says:

I commented on the wrong post, can you delete my last comment?

I’m so sorry to read of your friends twins passing, it’s heartbreaking, and awful, and tragic. Pregnancy is such a fragile (and for us terrifying) time, my heart goes out to her.

Janine Kovac says:

I just came across your blog when I googled images of umbilical cords for monoamniotic twins. (My own monoamniotic twins were born two years ago at 25 weeks’ gestation)

All I can say to your friend Robin is that her boys are united in Heaven as they were in her womb.

Blessings,
    janine

1. […] to all of you for reading my last post and leaving such nice comments and prayers for my dear friend Robin. She is one amazing […]