Are They Really Two Years Old?

I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that my precious little boys turned two years old yesterday.

Two years ago we were truly blessed with these little miracles.

I mean truly blessed. God has spoiled us rotten. We had no idea how much our lives would change or how much joy and love these little guys would bring. I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

Yesterday, my handsome boys turned two. They’re officially toddlers (and as a side note, they’re definitely entering the terrible two phase).

Yes, I’m talking about you two. Hey, they look a little surprised at how fast the time has gone too.

On second thought, maybe they were just excited about this birthday song.

(Um, yeah, I used to work at Red Robin and although I always hid in the back when I heard the someone say that they needed birthday singers, I sing the song now on a regular basis.)

If it wasn’t the song that excited them, it must have been the anticipation of helping me make breakfast.

On the menu- Gourmet Green Pancakes made one our cool Cuisinart Griddler.

Not just plain though, we doctored them up for the occasion.

(We also ruined those nice shirts in approximately 3 minutes.)

The rest of the day consisted of a trip to Target, the realization that the T-discs I need for my new fancy coffee maker are pretty pricey, a mediocre nap for the boys (while I ran on the treadmill), at least two altercations over a plastic screwdriver,  and a special birthday dinner at BJ’s.

Some dinner highlights:

The restaurant being too dark to take any pictures (that was a highlight for everyone else, not for me).

Joaquin eating more than his fair share of calamari (“chicken”). (Can two year olds eat fish?)

The amazing BBQ chicken salad and vegetarian pizza (and the jalapeños they brought me on the side).

The mini pazookie that each of the boys got (and of course another opportunity to sing).

IMG_8160IMG_8161IMG_8164IMG_8165

The fact that they boys were wound up for a good thirty minutes past their bedtime after we got home was not a highlight (and partly the reason I was in bed by 10 pm and didn’t write a post)

but, the leftovers we ate today for lunch were.

Since the adults decided against ordering any pazookies for dessert last night, I figured tonight I would recreate my own version at home. The recipe still might need some tweaking, but since I pretty much just licked my plate clean I thought I’d share. I also foresee a few lot more of these in the future (with different versions, etc.). I got the original idea from Chocolate Covered Katie’s “boatmeal”.

Here is a debut of my first Pazoatie. (I know, that’s a cool name, huh? I have to admit I’m pretty proud of that. He he!)

I topped it with a little PB2 (mixed with unsweetened applesauce instead of water) and some fat free whipped cream.

Um, yeah, I’ll definitely be doing this again.

Have you ever had a real Pazookie? Oh man, it’s been years…..

Who needs one of those though when you can have this right?

Ha ha!

See you tomorrow. Darn that Flat Kitty. I wonder what he’s been up to.

Comments

Sasha says:

Love the photos of the boys as newborns – so precious! They’re lucky guys to have such a great mama. And it just wouldn’t be a birthday without you singing the “it’s your birthday, happy, happy birthday…” song. :)

Jessica says:

Looks like the boys had a great birthday! I love the pic’s of them both now and as infants. It’s hard to believe all that has happened in 2 years!

Happy Birthday to your boys! They were adorable babies and they are growing to be quite handsome. :)

I so wish I had a banana… Pazoatie is going to the “to make” list.

Thanks Laura! That Pazoatie made my night last night. Now I’m trying to figure out what kind of one I want to make next. :) Ha ha! Oh and I’m so going to try your pudding next time I have bananas i nthe hosue too! Ha! We’re all out also!

Awwww baby boys! They were so tiny :) And I wondered how you got them through breakfast with nice clothes on but then saw your side note about the wardrobe change – lol!! But those bear pancakes are so cute – I kind of what them for breakfast sometime ;) Have a good Friday!

Yeah, those nice clothes didn’t last long. They never do. Um, yeah, I wanted a cute pancake for myself too, but I opted for green oats instead. :) Have a great rest of your day!

Happy Birthday Boys!! That is one crazy pan!

Kris says:

you guys sure make some cute kidlets, Mama. happy birthday to those little sweeties!

your boys are SO adorable. i always love the little videos you do of them!! happy birthday boys! :)

on another note, i LOVE pizookies!! we don’t have BJ’s out here in utah, but we’d go all the time when i lived in California & Arizona. I make my own pizookies at home sometimes. i love your pizoatie idea – definitely giving it a try!!

Thanks Ashley! I know, the one time I had a pizookie I was in heaven. One day I’ll splurge again and have one! They have so many flavors now! Mmm…. for now though my pizoatie will have to do. I’m still recovering from my sugar coma from Christmas.

Beth Petrassi says:

I’ve said it before and I will say it again – they are about the cutest boys ever!! I love that they have such different personalities. Your green pancake bears are too cute too!!
    Remind me sometime of a pazookie story – it is too embarrassing to put into print (I know – I just deleted it). I am going to try your Pizoatie recipe – it looks pretty darn good.

Oh Beth- you are too nice. Yes, they’re personalities couldn’t be more different. Keeps things exciting. ha! I can’t wait for the Pizookie story. I tihnk we should meet up for coffee or something and hnag out- you can tell me your story. Sometimes our Y time isn’t enough. :)

Awwwww, Happy Birthday to the 2 gorgeous little men!!! How stinking cute are they?! Oh my goodness!!!!

Hahahah, this dang song is now in my head…..oh brother. Red Robin was THE place to celebrate your birthday back in the day!! LOL, too funny!!

xxoo

Oh Kris- that darn song is stuck in my head all the time! :) Dang Red Robin. The funny thing is, you couldn’t PAY me to sing it when I actually worked there. Ha ha! Happy Friday!

Erin says:

Happy Birthday Joaquin and Judah!! They are so cute!!

Happy Birthday to the magnificent duo! Sounds like a great celebration! The pazookie is perfect for such an occasion! Love those things! See that’s when you needed to put the chia chocolate peanut butter frosting! I need to right a post on that…I need to write a post. I’m so missing my blog right now. I have to stay focused on my studies for a little longer.

Have a great night my friend!

Sarena- yes I NEED that chia chocolate peanut butter frosting!!! :) I need to sub it in for the jam I’ve bene eating every single day. :) Stay focused for as long as you need. Your blog is still fabulous and will just be THAT much better when you get to spend more time on it again! :) Happy New Year!!!

Shannon says:

Happy belated birthday to your boys!! They are adorable!! Happy New Year to you and your family, Kristen!!!! :)

katie says:

Hey girl! I got your comment reply- I honestly dont measure the water I put with the chia gel but im guessing 1/4 to 1/2 of a cup?? I usually put more than most people because im a HUGE volume eater too!! we have a lot in common! PS I am seriously in love with your precious boys, I wish I lived closer and could babysit!!!!!

Tracie Pollard says:

Happy Birthday Boys!!! (my twins are about to be 13…ugh…..)

I love your baking dish, where did you find it??

Amy Zirkle says:

Enjoy those little guys – it really does go by fast – no twins for me but my boys are now 13 and 11 and I swear I can remember them when they were little guys too.
    Again thanks for all you do on this site and the info you share – I look forward to picking up more healthful hints from you in 2012!
    Cheers!
    Amy

Amy- whoa your boys are 11 and 13? Crazy! I bet it goes so fast! I can only imagine what kind of trouble these guys will be in by then. ha ha! Thank YOU for reading and for all your nice comments all the time! Happy New Year!!!!!

Baby pictures are killing me with cuteness! Happy couple of days past 2 years old birthday to these little cuties, and happy new year to you, Mama!

Robin Baker says:

Awwww, big boys! Seems like yesterday!

Ashley Smith says:

I love the baby pictures! My husband and i are working on starting a family….so far no luck. I think my exercise and diet might have something to do with it…. i’m trying to cut back LOL.

Pizookie is my number one vice and i was CRAVING one last. i mean CRAVING (i pretty much want one every day and we are going to get one on Friday to celebrate the Hub’s bday and last year in his 20′s– so i knew i couldn’t have a real one)

I tried this recipe and it was fantastic– i blended the oats in my magic bullet to make it little smoother and I topped it with some of my nightly “icecream” (frozen almond milk, frozen banana, and truvia)

This might be my new nighttime snack/dessert! curbed the craving and tasted freakin amazing. Thanks for another great recipe!!

1. [...] inside my pizoatie (like I do in the peanut butter surprise [...]

2. [...] that stuff. Oh and hey, I just realized that I made the boys special gourmet green pancakes for their birthday last year. Aww….. that post makes me [...]

3. [...] feel like I wrote this post on their 2nd birthday just [...]