Ten Random Things From New Years

I’m taking another day to, um, clean, organize, and tackle some boxes in the closet.

I have no idea what’s in that box. It’s not something I’m looking forward to in between teaching all my classes today.

Here’s my quick list of ten random things.

1. I’m officially addicted to chia. I’m experimenting everyday with it in new ways. The boys love to add their chia “sprinkles” on just about everything also.

2. Finding an almost empty Naturally More jar makes me way more excited than it should.

I filled this one up with green eggs and oats and some defrosted mixed berries from Costco.

It was heaven in a jar.

3. I’m pretty sure I have the coolest Bamboo water bottle ever.

I feel like my water tastes better from this bottle (not to mention I just feel cool carrying it around). It says I can use it for hot beverages too, so I may need to try that out once the weather cools down (yeah, that’s right, it’s supposed to be in the 80’s today). Thank you to the wonderful people for sending me this bottle (and making me feel a lot cooler than I actually am).

4. One of my resolutions this year is to go to bed before midnight each night (and take better care of stressed out body overall). I was in bed at 11 pm last night. It was fabulous. Day 1 of my resolution was a success.

5. I used some nonfat plain Chobani yogurt in my taco pie I made last night and it was delicious. I’ve been eating more Chobani lately since Costco’s plain nonfat Greek yogurt is no where to be seen (and because I just love the people over at Chobani and all the different individual flavors they carry at Target).

6. I taught the boys to pick their nose the other day and I’m thinking now (when I see them digging away) that may have not been the best idea. What should I do about that?

7. While teaching them to pick their noses wasn’t the best idea, teaching Judah how to push me on his new big wheel after boot camp the other day sure was.

Um….yeah, he gets distracted easily just like his mommy.

8. I made sure to stock up on all my Trader Joe’s favorites this weekend before my official grocery budget started for the New Year. I bought 8 bags of broccoli slaw and couldn’t pass up a jar of that new cookie butter I keep seeing everywhere. I haven’t opened it yet though.

9. I’m way too excited for The Bachelor to start tonight. I’m almost 35 years old. That’s okay, right?

10. There’s still one more day to enter the Bob Harper autographed DVD giveaway!

Feel free to tweet about it or mention on Facebook if you want, but it’s just a big thank you from me to you for putting up with me this past 8 or so months. Leave your comments here to enter.

Oh, and send me some of your Flat Kitty pictures too! I need some material for this Friday’s post.

Have a good one friends! Hope 2012 is already off to a great start!

Comments

I have to ask… WHY did you teach them to pick their noses? LOL!!!

Yay for cookie butter! I heard it’s like TJ’s answer to Biscoff spread (which you know I’m obsessed with).

Oh Laura- who knows. I was tired of trying to get their boogers out myself. Sometimes I really need to think about the consequences. LOL. Yes, yay for cookie butter. I can’t wait to try it and I bet you’d LOVE it!!!!

Angie says:

I have not been able to find the cookie butter at Trader Joe’s. Definitely will look today. That taco pie looks delicious. Happy New Year!

Angie- I’ve heard alot of great things about that cookie butter. Oh, that taco pie. It’s my “go-to” dinner I cook when I need to impress the hubby. :) Ha ha!

Brandy says:

I am excited for the Bachelor too.

eva @VegucatingMyKid says:

something about new year’s screams getting organized—i completely relate to your box filled with mystery items : )

I’m almost 35 and still love watching The Bachelor..LOL! I really wish we had a Trader Joe’s up here in Canada…that cookie butter sounds delish :)

Mama Pea says:

My TJs was out of broc slaw yesterday. You are causing a nationwide shortage. And I’m picking my nose right now.

Ha ha! That has happened to me before and I pretty much stalk them until it reappears on the shelf. :) I still don’t know what to do about the whole picking nose thing. I created some monsters. At least they ask for a wipe. :)

The chia addiction is going to go global I’m sure! I’m head over heals for the stuff too! Anything sitting around long enough gets a healthy sprinkling of the good stuff!

Oh I know Sarena- chia is addicting and getting everywhere! I have some in my teeth as I write this. Ha ha! I can’t wait to try your frosting! Maybe during my Bachelor watching party tonight. :)

I just saw an article about Bob talking about his godchildren! For some reason, I do not picture him as a Godfather – lol!!

And I am currently in the process of finishing up a picture that I am going to be emailing to you that I think you will appreciate. One of the star characters is a certain Flat Kitty ;)

Bob as a Godfather? What? I wonder if I could make him mine at this age??? Hmm…… Can’t wait for your picture! Same one as Facebook? :) I love that one!

Kids need to know how to pick noses. Sometimes you need to get stuff out of there.
    I’m stoked for The Bachelor too even though I think Ben is BORING. I can’t NOT watch it!

Sarah- that was my theory at first. They haveto get it out rather than walk around with a huge bat in the cave. But…… I tihnk I created some monsters. Not good. Yes, I think Ben is a bti boring too, but I want to hug him at the same time. I bet some crazy ladies will make up for his being boring. :) I’m curious to see how they make him look all masculine and stuff like they always do. :)

I’m pretty excited for another drama filled season of The Bachelor!!!

I got a Bamboo Bottle too (still need to get that product review up, oops!), and I can vouch that I was impressed putting coffee in it!! Also, taco pie?! You know I’m checking that one out. Alex’s schedule is finally getting switched back to days (YAY!) so we will be home at dinnertime together a lot more often, and I’m looking for good man-friendly recipes… seems like we may have a winner! ;)

I sitll need to try out the hot beverage in the bamboo bottle. :) Maybe this afternoon…… Yes, taco pie is definitely man friendly. I make totally different things when I’m by myself versus when I’m cooking for my man. :) ha ha! Glad his schedule is changing for you!

Once they learn…they don’t stop. And for the record, even if you didn’t teach them they would still learn. Ah, Makenzie. LOL

I have a goal about getting more sleep too. Better get on that.

Oh no!!!!! Don’t tell me that. I just had to get Judah a wipe for his booger. LOL. Let’s keep each other accountable shall we (with the whole sleep thing)? :)

You taught them to pick their nose…. LOL. sweet!

Taco pie recipe?? Love my CHO. Had it for dinner in my Oatmeal. Yes, dinner. ;)

I have not tried Chia Seeds, but everyone seems to be eating them and loving them lately. So I might just have to try them!

Yum, Kristin! Thanks for including us in that tasty-lookin’ taco pie. Wanna make some for us?! Looking forward to more fun with you in 2012 :)

Lindsay, Chobani

Oh my goodness Lindsay- It was so great with your yogurt! :) I will make some for you any day! :) Sooooo looking forward to more Chobani fun this year! :) My boys and I are working on a little “Cho Cho” dance. :) LOL.