Core Moves and Some Cho Cho Fun

Good morning! I’m loving my new schedule (and the fact that I can write a post in my pajamas while thinking up what exciting things I’m going to make for breakfast).

How have I been missing out on these?

Besides some of our recent videos,

(In case you missed them here they are)

the family talent show

happy birthday song

Joaquin’s treadmill workout

jingle bells

we haven’t done any moves of the week recently so I thought it was time to reintroduce some workout moves.

One of my goals for 2012 is to work on my diastasis recti (a separation of rectus abdominis muscles away from the midline often caused by pregnancy) issues. My doctor told me that there really isn’t anything you can do besides getting surgery to repair the separation. I’m going to do my best to prove him wrong and come up with a program to do for a couple of months to see it it makes a difference. I’ll devote a whole post on that soon when I come up with the specific exercises I’m going to include, but for now I have two awesome core strengthening moves that you’ve got to try.

I thought I could get away with just one video, but Joaquin had other ideas.

These are not the best quality, but you can see how to properly do the moves. They can be done anywhere (that’s one of the reasons I love them). I don’t recommend doing the first one with a toddler on your stomach, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Here you go.

Um, yeah, so after seeing these on the computer I’m really going to be on the lookout for a a better quality video camera. Yikes. Sorry friends.

In the first video I said we were going to play choo choo trains afterwards.

We got to play with a little something better.

Our friends at Chobani hooked us up!!!! We got a very special delivery last night. I love deliveries (especially edible ones).

I’m so excited to try out all these fun flavors. I already told Andrew and the boys that we could all share. I think I’ll hide the really good flavors for myself though. Does anyone else do that? Oh, um, me either. I was just kidding.

Anyway, instead of choo choo trains we did a little cho cho stacking.

I was impressed too.

And we played in the snow a bit.

I celebrated last night by making a variation of my Almond Vanilla STUFT Fro Yogurt.

We’ll call it

Cho-mazing STUFT Fro Yogurt

1 small container of Chobani plain nonfat Greek yogurt (or 1 cup)

1 serving vanilla sugar free jello pudding mix powder (8 grams)

sweetener of choice (optional)

1/2 cup thawed whipped topping

peanut butter or other nut butter (optional)

Directions:

Combine yogurt with jello mix and additional sweetener if using. Carefully mix in whipped topping. Stir on nut butter of choice if using. Cover and let sit in freezer for 1-2 hours.

Instead of stirring in a nut butter I just put mine in an almost empty jar of Jif peanut butter before putting it in the freezer. When it came out it had this amazing peanut butter swirl in it.

You can’t see it, but there’s also a Vitatop underneath the big serving of yogurt. he he!

Thank you Chobani! Can’t wait to try the rest!

Have a great day! I need some more Flat Kitty pictures for tomorrow! Can you send some my way? stuftmama@stuftfitness.com

Hugs!

Oh and try those moves!

Comments

Miss you kristin!
    I LOVE edible packages too!! Hopefully I will see you soon! :-)
    And can you make me some of that ice cream? It looks so good!

I had not idea there was even such a thing as diastasis recti. Whoa.

You hit the Chobani jackpot! Lucky girl!!! I want some of that yogurt deliciousness. :)

Caitlin says:

SO jealous of your chobani shipment! I keep seeing these fall on bloggers’ doorsteps and I want some so jealous! Haha that recipe looks fabulous. Glad you’re still enjoying your pre-workout blogging in the morn!

Cait- My mornings are getting a little crazy. I may need to rethink some things. Spent too much time on the computer this morning and barely got my shoes one while running out the door. Ha ha! I bet you’ll get a special shipment someday. :)

My secret (okay not so secret), unofficial goal for 2012 is to finally get some nice looking abs. I don’t have the kid excuse and you guys inspire me!

I think Chobani needs to launch a dairy-free greek yogurt, so I can get in on the action! =)

That is SUCH A great idea to use yogurt! I like to freeze my greek yogurt, but adding those toppings would just be more fun! :) thanks for sharing!

Amy Zirkle says:

Look at all that yummy yogurt! enjoy it – thanks for you shoe recommendations – I’m needing sneakers for a bootcamp type class I’m taking – but…..I am also contemplating signing up for a running clinic at some point in March so I guess the immediate focus is on a good cross trainer shoe that has cushion but stability also – many thanks!

Amy- Asics have some good cross trainers out there. My favorite pair ever were Under Armour, but they don’t make them anymore. Hope you find some good ones! I’ll let you know if I find any good ones while I’m trying to find some for myself too!

Heather says:

Happy New Year, Kristin! My fav Chobani flavor is pomegranate – so good. Also, I had my first chocolate Vita-Top for a snack this morning – yum! Thanks for writing.

Heather- I haven’t tried the pomegranate one yet. Sounds freaking delicious though. Happy New Year to you and the entire Willard fam! :) Oh- how was the Vitatop? The secret is to microwave it while it’s still in the package so it stays moist. :)

LOVE that plank twist!! Use it alot in class!
    p.s. your legs are to die for! Oh..and your arms.
    basically, i just covet your body. ;)

Um… okay you are WAY too nice. You must have been fooled by my cheapy camera. :) That plank twist rocks. And so does Tuesday Trainer- so glad it’s back! Yay!

Thanks for the ab videos. I feel like I’m running out of ab exercise and I like to do different ones. Good luck with this pregnancy stomach thing. I have to say I don’t know what you’re talking about at all so I look forward to your post on it. Also could I have your quads and shoulders? Thanks. I’ll trade you for my stomach, lol ;)

Oh, be glad you don’t know about the whole stomach thing. It’s not fun (and the reason my belly button will forever point straight out). I will trade you any day! :) Flat Kitty is in the mail for you!

thx for the videos and the inspiration!!! i need to work on my abs this year too and hopefully look as good as you!!! happy new year!!!

Colleen- you are too kind. Abs are just a hard stinking area and darn them as we get older more stuff tends to hang on there. Boo. Let’s work on them together shall we? :) Happy New Year to you!!!

What a special delivery, Kristin :) How cute are they playing CHO CHO stacking?! Hope they didn’t hit the floor…though we bet they’d lick it up! We just pinned your frozen yogurt onto our “Chobaniac Creations” Pinterest board- yum! Enjoy the rest of the cups, can’t wait to hear which flavor is your new fave!

Lindsay- thanks for the special package, the pinning, the amazing products, etc. (the list goes on and on). :) The yogurts hitting the floor was my main concern when I caught him doing that. I “helped” him get them to the fridge as quickly as possible. Ha ha! I just finished the vanilla cup this afternoon. :)

Oh man, I still have a bunch of CHO in my fridge. I need to make me some of this. Sweet! I even used CHO in my latest vid as a great snack. ;)

Look at that loot! :) I haven’t had Chobani with a Vitatop, but I bet it’s a good combo.

I love that abdominal plank twist move…it’s so hard!! I’ll definitely have to give the other one a try too :) . Thanks for sharing! I’m so jealous of your case of chobani…I would down that stuff so quickly haha

Lindsay- I know, it’s like a new little Chobani treat each day. :) Ha ha! Yes, try that other move- it’s a fun one. You can borrow Joaquin if you want.

You scored big time! Look at all that good stuff. I would say you guys really scored with that!

He he! Sarena- I feel like we scored big-time with that. I haven’t stopped smiling. :) They need a non-dairy version for you, yes? Heather just suggested that.

Katie says:

Your boys are too cute! I wish Chobani would send me mass amounts of yogurt … I love that stuff! I can’t wait to try and make that fro-yo … it sounds so good!

Johnna says:

Hi Kristin-
    I am an avid reader of your blog and love it! I never comment but felt that I needed to today in regards to the Diastasis Recti. I am the mother of almost 2 1/2 (28 months to be exact) old twin boys too. I have Diastasis and have known about it for oh probably 2 years or so. I found a program that is specifically designed to correct the diastasis, called the Tupler Technique, http://www.maternalfitness.com. I bought the program but haven’t used it (oops)! I think my biggest problem is that I don’t know if I am doing the exercises correctly, or maybe that’s just an excuse. There are other programs out there too so you can search around. Dr.’s always say that it can’t be corrected and a plastic surgeon will tell you that you need surgery. Anyway, worth a shot, ha I should take my own advice!!!!! It’s amazing to me how little is known about this and how little resources there are to correct this. Quite frankly, insurance should cover the cost if you do need surgery as this is not cosmetic. I hope I was helpful to you!

Johnna- I’m so glad you left a comment!!! :) Okay so I totally bought that Tupler stuff- the belt (it’s not that great), the DVD, etc. I tried it for a little while, but I really need something more I think. I’m convinced it’s all about proper form and using a towel (around the wasitline) with certain exercises. Yes, I agree, it’s amazing how little you can find out there about this. Frustrating. Definitely worth a shot to avoid surgery. This is the year to tackle it head on. Let me know if you find anything else. I’m working on getting a few exercises together on it. Maybe we can do it together? :) Oh man, 2 1/2 year old twin boys? Does it jst get more difficult once they turn two? Everyday seems to tire me out a little more. LOL. :) Sooooooooo glad you commented! Happy Friday!

• Johnna says:

Hi Kristin-
        I would love to work on this together!!! I used the belt and wore it to sleep at night for a little while. There was no way I was walking around all day with that thing on in the Florida heat and humidity, no extra layers for me. I tried the DVD too and even had my friend who has the diastasis too come over and try and figure it out together. What is also frusturating is that there are no certified Tupler instructors in my area, Boca Raton, FL or Florida at all for that matter, so I couldn’t even get help if I needed it. Anyway, I’m totally in on working on this with you! I did find another girl who has a core DVD that I also bought by Lindsay Brin. You probably have come across her on your search but you can look into her stuff too, http://www.momsintofitness.com. She does use the towel method. Your boys are absolutely adorable! I think that it has only gotten easier but maybe I’m crazy. My boys are definitely active but are really good and well behaved. I work full time so i’m not home all day with them, I can definitely see how that can be utterly exhausting but so truely amazing. I have heard that 3 is worse, trying threes they call it. Who knows!!!! Are your boys fraternal or identical? MIne are identical! Let’s work on this together!

Hehehe we keep getting the same stuff… first the Bamboo bottle, now the Cho! I was beyond stoked to find that baby on my doorstep! It’s because we’re LOVE-sisters… the universe is aligned in our favor! ;)

Johnna says:

Sounds good! “Talk” to you soon!

1. [...] we are all about “Cho Cho Fun” at this house. My guys just happened to work their magic enough to get some of the new Chobani [...]