Well…… Flat Kitty Friday It Is

Good morning! Some of you saw how my night went on Facebook. I was supposed to get to the YMCA early to start my class right on time (another one of my resolutions this year). Under some not so stellar circumstances, I didn’t quite make it there.

photo (2)

Um, yeah. I’ve always had this huge fear of being in a car accident. I faced my fear head on (literally) yesterday afternoon when someone turned left right in front of me instead of yielding. Not quite how I pictured my night.

photo (3)

It just so happened to be in the worst area to try to get cell phone reception also so attempting to contact the YMCA to tell them that I wasn’t going to make it and getting ahold of Andrew wasn’t easy.

photo

It was a long night (to say the least). I’m thanking God this morning that everything happened the way it did. He was watching over me for sure. I felt it, I knew it.

The boys weren’t with me, Andrew and I had switched cars because he had the boys (if we hadn’t I think things would’ve been a lot worse), I was paying full attention to my driving (as opposed to trying to plan my classes in my head like I usually do), no one was injured, the air bag worked, etc. The list goes on and on. You know what else is weird? I totally had this crazy intuition the other morning that I was going to be in car accident. Do you ever get those? I have them with other things in life too. Weird.

Thanks to all of your comments on Facebook. Andrew wanted me to make light of the situation by posting that he thought he could fix the truck. By the way, we bought this truck when Andrew totaled his first Toyota Tundra about 5 years ago. Maybe we’d have better luck with a different model. Hmm…

The boys always say “bye Daddy’s truck” when we leave the house. This time they really meant it.

I’m a little sore today. my darn chest hurts, but I’m still going to attempt my last long run before the Carlsbad Marathon in two weeks. That should feel good, huh?

Okay, enough about that.

Let’s move on to better things shall we?

I know one thing that always makes me smile.

Flat Kitty

Last night after I gave all of my boys numerous hugs, he made me go to bed at a decent hour.

Earlier in the day he helped me make one ginormous snack.

He picked out the vanilla Chobani cup from our special delivery the other day.

We took that awesome vanilla yogurt and put on a huge green version of the high protein pumpkin microwave muffin that was already topped with chia berry jam and some SunButter.

Someone thought he might get a little lick of yogurt, but I didn’t really feel like sharing.

Oh my goodness, the finished product was amazing!

And now, thank you to my dear friends who sent in some Flat Kitty pictures. Let’s see what adventures he got to go on outside of the STUFT house.

Kinley made Flat Kitty feel right at home with her cute Crosby. Look at those awesome matching headbands. I think I need one too. (I also think I want that cute chair they’re sitting on.)

335164_245743648827771_245365092198960_588312_1917232247_o

Kitty got into a little trouble over at Sandy’s when he tried to steal Lucy’s house. He’s sneaky like that. Not the best first impression.

Sandy's picture

At Erin’s he got to help make a week’s worth of pumpkin oatmeal protein pancakes. She must have known breakfast was his favorite meal of the day (and that green was his favorite color).

photo (4)

Now, at Christin’s Flat Kitty had quite an adventure. After a really great first meeting

me and kitty

and a little introduction to her cute Rambo,

rambo and kitty

this lucky guy got to tag along to the gym.

yoga 1yoga 2

It was his first time ever in a yoga room. (I really should do more yoga.)

yoga 3

He had to make sure everyone knew he was a boy. Sometimes people get confused with the whole man boob (or kitty boob, whatever) situation he’s got going on.  He made sure to set the record straight.

yoga 4

He might have to teach me some yoga moves he learned.

Speaking of yoga, I found this article yesterday on Shape.com that listed Bikram yoga as one of the “Top 10 Ways to Lose 10 Pounds Safely”.

You can check out the article here. It’s a good one.

Okay, I’m off to eat a quick breakfast and get out the door for my run.

Flat Kitty will return next week with some new adventures.

Send me your pictures anytime and anything you want to share or link up with them. Email me if you still need a precious Flat Kitty. I promise this guy know how to make you smile.

Happy Friday to all of you! Have a wonderful weekend!

I can’t say thank you enough just for sharing my life with me. YOU are awesome!

(I just had to put that in there!)

Comments

Francine Morey says:

Oh My gosh Kristin!!!! so sorry to hear about the accident!! The pictures are so scary. I am so glad you are okay. It does put everything in perspective, doesn’t it? Love you!!

Brandy says:

Kristin that was a nasty accident. I am so glad that you are okay. And, while I have a lot of faith in Andrew’s repair skills, I think a new truck is in your future.

Brandy- I know! It was head on!!! Yikes. I told Andrew you’d like to see his finished product. He really liked that (and he had to clear out the truck yesterday- poor guy).

Sara says:

New reader, but I love your blog already (I spent yesterday catching up!) Love Kitty. I was trying to describe him to my husband. So glad you are OK after your accident!

Your truck looks terrible! I am so glad you are ok. Do you use arnica? That can help with soreness.

xoxo

Kris says:

I will say again, I am SO glad you are okay!

Flat Kitty and Basil are getting acquainted over here. ;)

Flat Kitty has been patiently waiting for his cuddle time with Basil. :) I hope they become best friends! :) If only Flat Kitty would bring me some of your amazing eats……….. :)

I have never been in car accident but am always scared something is going to happen when we are driving. My husband thinks it’s strange because there is no real reason for me to feel this way. I have the same paranoia about our house burning down (we use wood heat in the winter). Hmmm, maybe it is strange :)

I am so happy you are OK! Take care of yourself :)

Oh Jneey- me too! I’ve always been scared!!!!! And… I have the same paranoia abotu the house burning thing. I’ve had that ever since I was a kid. Maybe the two go hand in hand or something. Hope you never have to experience your fears. Ugh. Sooo glad Flat Kitty made it to you. It took forever!!!! :)

So glad you are okay, the truck doesn’t look like it fared as well. I’m glad you had airbags! Here’s hoping today is less eventful and your last long run is amazing! =)

Thanks Heather. Yeah, that truck pretty much saved my life I think. If I was in my car it would have been a totally different story. I can’t even think about it. Still waiting for a less eventful weekend…… ha ha! That long run was LONG. How’s your running?

Amy Zirkle says:

The MOST IMPORTANT thing is that you are safe and that the kids weren’t with you – have a restful weekend
    take care,
    Amy

Amy- yes, that is the most important thing. :) Thanks so much. Hope you have a wonderful weekend also. I was thinking of you yesterday when I thought it was a little too hot outside here. :) He he.

Bonnie says:

Oh man! How scary, Kristin! I’m so glad you’re doing okay…I’ve never been in a car accident but only a small fender bender last winter…shakes you up for sure. I’m glad you’re safe and recognize how God protected you! Whew. Sure makes you appreciate every bit of life.

…can’t wait to get my Flat Kitty! Shipping ANYthing to Canada takes years… ;) Will definitely use it when i receive it (er, him!), and have some fun ideas for our adventures…Happy Friday!

Bonnie- Thanks friend! Hopefully your Flat Kitty will arrive sometime this year. Ha ha! Can’t wait to see what Canada adventures he’ll have (I’m jealous). :)

Erin says:

I’m so glad you’re okay!! Car accidents are really scary and that looks like it was a bad one. Take care of yourself this weekend!

I’m SO glad you’re ok! Praying that everything goes well on the run and that you feel ok!
    (p.s. Tacoma’s are awesome trucks!)

Thanks Lindsay! :) Tacoma’s are awesome trucks, this one was a Tundra though. It may have been worse in a Tacoma. I was LUCKY to be driving such a big truck. Hope you’re having a good weekend!!!!:)

oh my goodness, i’m so glad to hear you’re safe and that there were no major injuries! God was most definitely protecting you! ;)

Loved my Flat Kitty day and can’t wait for more. :)

GLAD YOU’RE OKAY, SWEET LADY! xo

I’m so glad everyone is okay. What a unique sequence of events leading up to it. Someone was looking out for you for sure! Take it EASY Kristin. I’ve hit several deer and gotten bad second day soreness from the impact. But I bet you’ve already run like 20 miles today. ;)

I love Flat Kitty Friday yeah!! I can’t wait till he visits me!

I am just so glad that you are ok! That is terrifying!

Take care of yourself. I hope your not feeling any more sore than this morning. Wrecks are the worse for those crazy sore feelings. Get some rest tonight my friend! Many hugs to you!

Johnna says:

Oh no! So glad you’re alright! Feel better!

I am glad you are feeling OK! So scary! But Crosby loves being featured in the post today :)

Jen Crandall says:

soo glad you are okay. That has totally happened to me, the intuition thing. Our minds work in weird ways don’t they?

Jen- Yes. Soooo crazy!!! I wonder how that happens. What are your about? I had an intuation in college that I was going to be on a reality TV show too. I’m going to cross my fingers that one comes true. Ha! I doubt it. :)

oooooo ouch! I’m so glad it wasn’t too serious and you weren’t injured!!

P.S. If Flat Kitty ever wants to visit Michigan, he’s welcome to stay with us :)

Car accidents are soooooo scary! And I can’t believe what a trooper you are – still getting your long run in today despite having a horrible night! I’m so glad you are all right!

Thanks Molly. It was darn scary. I’m not so much a trooper, but just too darn stubborn to give up my last long run before the race. :) ha! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

1. [...] am one lucky girl that after my car accident all I have is a little soreness and this small seatbelt [...]

2. Spent says:

[...] I also need to find Andrew a new truck (we finally got our money from my accident). [...]

3. [...] new truck for STUFT Daddy as of tonight. (It’s about time since my accident was over 2 months [...]

4. [...] feeling yesterday as I was driving to the gym. Not sure if you were a STUFT reader a year ago, but here’s what happened. Ugh. Thank goodness this year is off to a much better start so [...]