Stopping by for a Little Sharing Time

Good morning! I hope you’re all having a great weekend. We’re taking things easy around here and trying to catch up on life. I don’t know if I’ll actually ever be “caught up”. Is anyone?

Before I share just a few things I need to say that one heck of an amazing woman went to be with Our Man up in heaven yesterday. We lost a wonderful, charming, heroic lady, but heaven is one lucky place to have her. My prayers are with her family today.

Sharing time.

I have a quick toddler trick (or an adult one too actually). Obviously I’m obsessed with broccoli slaw and the many things you can do with it, but it is also a great addition to any pasta. All you have to do is add it into the boiling water with noodles the last 3 minutes of the cooking time.

photo

The boys really eat it up over here.

bs 1bs 2bs 3

They did not get their table manners from me (I hope).

Since 2012 has started out a little rough, I’m going for a “take two”. I found this awesome thing from my friend Danielle on Pinterest.

It’s an awesome printable version you can write on and create for yourself. I’m going to give it a whirl today for my second chance at starting off this year (hopefully without any collisions).

Side note: Pinterest is a scary, yet amazing place. I have an account, but don’t have any time to make my boards pretty, etc. Hopefully one of these days I will. You can follow me here. There’s some really cool stuff on the site (I mean really cool). My friend Janetha wrote a really great Pinterest tutorial. You can check it out here.

Okay, I’m off to see what kind of workout I can get in before the boys wake up. I got a little extra motivation when I woke up to this email.

bl email

I love the show, but getting these emails daily is getting a bit old.

I also have a little extra motivation because I may just be seeing “my boyfriend” again this week. Yay!

Have a great Sunday friends!

Comments

jennifer says:

Have a great day! I’m signed up to go to the club too! Hoping it happens this time!

Katie says:

Hey, I just bought a bag of broccoli slaw from TJ’s yesterday for the FIRST TIME EVER. I was wondering if you could reply with the link for your “usual” broccoli slaw combination that I’ve seen on here. I feel like it has tomato soup or sauce or something involved? Ok, I don’t remember it exactly, but it looked so delicious and I want to make it! Thanks!

hey there! i love your blog…i’ve been following a long time…i love it because i have 2 kiddlets too, and as mamas we have extra challenges…(such that i will never begin my blog–ever…i need to come to that realization that if i am spending 3+ hours in the kitchen daily when do i have extra time to blog : ( but I won’t stop reading my favorite blogs : )
    i have been a fan of cutting down any pastas or rice dishes with a vegetable equivalent….a favorite of mine is to add equal parts chopped cauliflower (seared) to a risotto dish at the very end….it looks the same and gets in more veggies….
    thanks for this idea of adding brocilli slaw—will do from now on!

Eva- thanks so much! Yes, I agree as mamas we have LOTS of extra challenges. Ahhh…. cauliflower. I’m going to have to try that. What a great idea. 🙂 Thanks!

If you see “your boyfriend” can you give him a hug from me? 😉

And I get those emails all the time too but I have no clue where I started getting them from. Don’t ever remember signing up for anything

Um, of course! That’s a good excuse to give our man a big squeeze. ha ha! Oh those emails. I never get them on good days. They have a way of coming when I really do not need them in my inbox. ha ha! Hope you had a great weekend Tina!

Broccoli with pasta – genius idea! Your boys are going to think broccoli is good, which is much better than I was as a kid. =)

Heather- one time they chanted for broccoli. it was awesome. Not sure how long it will last so I have to give it to them while they’ll eat it. 🙂

Broccoli slaw is my favorite! It makes a much better “pasta” than spaghetti squash, imo, too 🙂

I’m really sorry about your friend. My thoughts are with her and her family.

As for the manners the boys have..didn’t you teach them to pick there noses? I’m not so sure about who they got there table manners from. At any rate, it looks like the spaghetti went over well! Love the addition of the broccoli slaw. I could actually get away with that here…I think.

I hope you had a great weekend!

Thank you Sarena.
      Yes, I taught them to pick their noses (which I’m still regretting) and good point about the table manners. ha ha! I think you could totally get away with the broccoli slaw over at your house. 🙂

My kids LOVE pasta and it seems like the easiest way to add veggies in my house. Pasta or a quesadilla. Love the idea of adding broccoli slaw!

Sorry to hear about your friend, prayers and hugs. Photos of kids eating noodles is smile-inducing 100% of the time! 🙂

1. […] finally since he gave up on me filling out my own “Let’s Do This” 2012 printable he got to help my friend Michelle fill out […]