Priorities and a Move of the Week

After a full day of teaching fitness classes yesterday, my priorities last night were as follows.

Putting together these Keep Your Hands off Mama’s Spicy Spinach and Chicken Enchiladas.

Topping them with a bunch of lettuce and salsa and then a little of this.

Then a little bowl of my new dessert. I know it doesn’t look that great here, but I’ve been eating it for the past five days in a row so I obviously like it. Just think rich chocolate, peanut buttery goodness for around 200 calories. I’ll share it tomorrow. Hmm… just the recipe or should we do another episode of STUFT in the Kitchen?

Oops, sorry, I got distracted. Chocolate does that to me.

Back to last night.

Then I said good night to this little fellow

and hit the sack around 10:30. It was marvelous.

That leaves me with a Move of the Week video today for you all.

I’ve been using this particular move in my classes lately and from the groans that I keep hearing, I think they all really like it. Obviously I had to share it with you all.

The Move: Plank Up and Over

Start in a plank position.

Take your feet to one side. Either step or jump your feet to the opposite side. If your more advanced you are hopping your feet and trying to get your heels towards your butt. If you need to modify you are doing a step tap with your feet from side to side.

Make sure to keep breathing throughout the move and to keep your shoulders over your hands. You should be looking at your fingers.

Video notes:

Although I come dangerously close to hitting Judah a few times, no one was harmed in the making of this video.

He gets me back in the last few seconds.

Challenge yourself by trying to do this move for a full minute. Let me know how it goes.

If you want to see some other cool “go to” moves from some really awesome ladies check out this week’s Tuesday Trainer. The boys and I are on there with some jumping lunges.

lindsayslist.co-tuesday_trainer

Don’t forget to send me your Flat Kitty pantry pictures if you want them to be on this week’s Flat Kitty Friday post. This guy sure is getting around.

Have a great day!

Comments

That video was too cute! Looked like a fun game for Judah haha. I’m excited to add this move into my routine! Never seen anything like it.

Ha ha. Erin- I’m not sure how “fun” that game would be if I actually did some damage. I just realized that I probably shouldn’t do that move close to our rock fireplace next time. Oops. Have a great day!

Ugh – that move looks rough!! And Kitty looks like he’s plotting something *evil* (said in an Austin Power’s accent) in that picture. ;)

I know, doesn’t he? I wonder what he was up to. It was unfortunate timing of his tongue and when I actually snapped the photo. Ha ha ha! Have a great day Heather!

I love planks in any form! Will have to try these out. Seems like a great way to hit your side abs too.

P.S. I want that chocolate bowl!

Love that version of the plank. And I would love to do those enchiladas but I’m the only one loving spicy stuff here. Le sigh.

Tina- you rocked those tuck jumps today in TT. :) I have to make seperate versions of things for myself and the rest of the family because of my little spicy obsession. He he!

Jenny says:

peanut butter and chocolate?! is it tomorrow yet? ;)

anna says:

quit teasing with that chocolatey concoction ;)

Holly says:

wow, that move it HARD!! The side to side part is ok, but when you add the butt kick it makes it soo much harder! I had socks on too and so my feet slide when they landed and that made it harder. I only made it 20 secs and had already stopped twice!! I’ll have to remember that one!

rich chocolate peanut buttery goodness?!?! sign me up! can’t wait for the recipe! as you know, i love your “healthified” recipe creations! ;)

Oh Judah was loving that one! I demand to know the contents of the bowl!! Also, I think Ben has a better personality this season, thank goodness.

Ha ha! He was wasn’t he. I didn’t realize he was so darn close to the fireplace though. Oops. Could’ve not ended up well. I’m with you on Ben too. He’s more kissy that I thought he would be though. Didn’t finish last night’s episode yet and I need to make sure to watch Biggest Loser tonight in case my boyfriend quizzes us tomorrow. ha ha!

I love how you workout no matter what…those kids are going to be tough. I’m doing that move tomorrow! It’s on my list of things to add in my workout. You know i’m all about the chocolate pudding! Oh and now I want enchiladas! Piled with lettuce and salsa is my way to eat them too! Have a great night Kristin!

I can’t wait until we can sit down together and eat a yummy dinner followed by chocolate peanut buttery goodness for dessert. :) he he! PS- my poor boys don’t have a choice with the whole working out thing.

I’ve started doing Pilates while Lincoln is awake and it usually results in the same thing! He just wants to climb all over me and thinks it’s hilarious when he falls over :) Thanks for the smiles!

Jessica says:

That move is hard enough on it’s own- I can’t imagine trying to do it with a toddler blocking me (or trying to climb on top). Judah cracks me up though- he was enjoying being pushed around! I can’t wait to do these moves with you on Saturday (no Vegas for us, so I will be there)! I can’t wait to see the peanut butter/chocolate recipe either!!!!

1. [...] she hosts every week. It was about 9:00pm last night when I sat down with the exact same dinner as last night (yes, those same enchiladas) that I realized the only two pictures I took all day of food were this [...]

2. [...] because I like sharing other workouts and exercises, here is one from Kristin at STUFT Mama – give her plank up and over exercise a [...]