Talking It Up- An Audition Video

By “It”, I mean myself. That’s not very nice is it? Not only is it not very nice, but I’m not very good at it. What I am good at is staying up a little later than planned to write a post when I said I wasn’t going to.

Yep. That’s right. I know I wasn’t planning on posting for a couple of days because I really need to recover after my marathon yesterday, but, you know, of course the day I “should” be resting I got word of a possible opportunity that I just could not stay away from and on top of that I had to teach 5 classes at the Y. There was no way I’d miss those. I love the classes, the people and I have to live up to my Group Fitness Instructor of the Year Award and all. (Hey, I found the opportunity for a little plug right there.)

Oh, and I already shared this on my Facebook page earlier today, but I just have to share it here too because, well, it’s always fun to see yourself in print isn’t it?

image

He he.

Click here to read the full article on Shape.com by my fellow Fitfluential Ambassador Charlotte.

So….  back to the audition. There are some pretty amazing magazines and companies that I’m a huge fan of and would LOVE to team up with in the near future. Since I’ve seen the Justin Beiber movie (if you haven’t you really should, “Beiber Fever” is no joke) and we’re all about dreaming big over here at the STUFT house, we had to give it a shot as soon as possible.

With that said, the boys and I made a little all encompassing video today. It’s a little “STUFT Fitness” with a Move of the Week and a little “STUFT in the Kitchen” all in one.

The Move of the Week is a three point lunge (that I just so happen to learn from “my boyfriend” at my last Team Bob shoot and used at boot camp this past Saturday).

If you missed the other “STUFT in the Kitchen” videos, our first one was the chia microwave muffin and then our second was the chia cookie dough dip. This time we actually didn’t use chia at all. Instead the boys and I made Three Ingredient Fudge. Now that I think about it though, I’m sure it would be really good with some chia added in there. Hmmmm…

I thought about making the video a little more professional, but sometimes you just make due with what you’ve got, right? Today I was dealing with post marathon sore legs, only an iPhone camera, a messy house and two crabby toddlers. Oh well. My favorite shows are reality TV anyway and I’m pretty sure they’re just raw footage without that much editing. Ha ha!

Enough talking myself up, that’s just silly. I’ll let the video do the rest of the “talking”.

So… grab some hand weights, a STUFT salted caramel mocha and/or the three ingredients for the fudge and enjoy.

Here’s the video description in case you didn’t watch it on my YouTube channel.

I’m Kristin. I’m one STUFT Mama: an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor, running addict, marathoner, founder and owner of STUFT Fitness, FitFluential Ambassador, kitchen experimenter, wife to an amazing lead bird keeper, toddler twin mama and one busy lady on a quest to share my passion for fitness and health with the world. Come join me in the journey!

Do you want to hang out with us yet?

I’m just going to pretend that your answer is “heck yeah”.

We’re a fun bunch.

And….

I’m just going to put this picture in here because it seems like the perfect place to put it.

Front Cover 11-16-11proof

Oh, and this one.

photo

And this one.

instagram race

Okay, really, I’m done.

Comments

June Johnson says:

Your family photo with the “GIRAFFE” is on my fridg door…love it…Your video for the fudge is adorable and I think I need to try that…but have not found the PB2 powder here yet.

You just can’t stay away – lol!! And ps, I love that you hand Judah a knife in the video! And that the boys go completely crazy for the fudge at the end :)

I love your videos because they truly encompass the craziness that is being a mom with two kids trying keep things in check. I miss the days of working out with my kids running around my feet. Now they work out with me and I love that! They did level 3 of the Shred with me Sunday and it was a blast. I hope you have a great Tuesday Kristin and get some rest!

Sarena- thanks. Yeah, it would be really silly to try to make a video look professional with screaming kids in the background. Ha ha. :) Loved that your boys did level 3 of the Shred with you. That is awesome! Will email you tomorrow!!!! :)

Bex says:

I want to hang out with you! Heck yeah!!

Thanks for the video recap… the actual video is blocked by my work firewall. :(

Salted caramel mocha sounds awesome this morning. That is one of my favorite STUFT creations.

I forgot to tell you I made the fudge this weekend – it was a hit!! I put mine in a mini-muffin pan (maybe it’s for quiche?) and they are perfect little bite-size treats. My bananas weren’t quite ripe, so I did add some water to get the right consistency, but YUM!! They taste so sinful – thank you for sharing!!

Heck yea we want to hang out with you guys! Our three boys could get into so much trouble while we’re browsing the Lulu site :) And I’m sure the Andrews would just stand there shaking their heads :)

My PB2 shipped yesterday so hopefully I will be making that fudge very soon!

jennifer says:

I love your videos and I love that you do them with your boys! It is reality for us moms! I especially liked it you traded the knife for the tablespoon. Made me laugh! Your arms look great in that video by the way! You should do a video on how to get those arms! I think that is awesome that you are on shape mag. Website! How great! And I just ordered my first jar of pb2 this week! Can’t wait to get it and make this fudge!

I didn’t evne realize I did that with the knife. oops. Kinley caught that also. Maybe I should make a new video where I use safety precautions in the kitchen. ha! Sooo excited for you and your PB2. I just ate some fudge at room temp because I was lazy and didn’t want to wait. :)

Jody says:

You are an inspiration and I’m so glad I found your blog. Like you I’ve run 2 full marathons and countless halves. I look forward to reading your blog every single morning :)

You’re amazing!!! I swear to the Heavens if at the end of my 90 Day Challenge I have your body, I’ll be a happy gal ;) Keep glowing my friend!!

xxoo

can i just say that your arms look amazing?! gosh i’m jealous. ;) i got some PB2 yesterday and tried out your 3 ingredient fudge last night – I’M IN LOVE!

dang girl look at your arms!!!! you look amazing! just subscribed to your youtube videos, love them! we work out at home too!

I’m so inspired by your career Kristin.

Amy Zirkle says:

Hey Kristin – what a fun video – your boys are just adorable and you can see their different personalities – loving the fudge :) And my magic bullet came today so I’m going to poke back through your site for some good smoothie’s and other assorted concoctions I can make courtesy of your healthy research. And may I say – your arms are awesome – man oh man – that’s my goal someday – have a great night! Amy

Thanks Amy!!!! So excited for your magic Bullet! Let me know how you like it! My arms- well, lifting toddlers and making that fudge help. LOL. :) Hope you’re doing well!!!

amber says:

A little bit of everything that makes you you great audition post. Good Luck!

Alissa says:

This post was really inspiring for me! After my youngest was born, I went from couch to half-marathon… and back to couch again. :( The past couple months I’ve really been trying to get myself geared up to get back in the running game. It was really refreshing to see you doing your thing, with the kids hanging out. It just reminds me that I *can* get back there, even with the kids running in and out of the room. Thank you!! Oh, and I had a brief opportunity to work out with Bob myself at BlogHer last year. That’ll be a lifelong memory. I’m so excited that you’re a part of Team Bob!! Awesome!

Working out with Bob is definitely a lifelong memory. :) Fun that you got to workout with him at BlogHer. Yes, you CAN get back there. And… you have the rest of your life to get there. Small steps….

My two year old and I watched the video, and we would totally hang out with you all. :) She was intrigued by your boys, and also kept wondering where that ball went. I’ve never tried pb powder, but this recipe would totally be worth hunting it done, yum,yum,yum!

Oh come over and hang out with us anytime!! He he he! What do you want us to make a video of next? Ha ha.. oh that darn ball…. I was ready to throw it far far away. He he. And.. yes, PB2 is TOTALLY worth hunting down.

Colleen says:

You look great! I have a photo of Bob Harper and Me too but I don’t look nearly as fit as you do LOL!

Wow, you are busy. And of course, you know I love those twins. I’m impressed by all your accomplishments.

I love how your videos are not fancy or scripted and are very down to earth. Keep rocking girl!

I most definitely want to hang out with you guys!! You are completely aware of my bird obsession, so I really need to meet your hubby and hang out with some birds too! :) Love ya, girl!

Erin says:

I love it! What a great video. It’s fun to see you and the boys in action. They are so cute! I don’t know how you do it all… it’s no wonder you’re up past midnight. And your arms. Wow!

Erin- I don’t know how I do it either. I barely make it through the day sometimes and goodness knows Andrew has to deal with a messy house and a grumpy wife a lot of the time. LOL. :)

lindsay says:

holy cow, you better get that gig. Just look at those guns! I’d say SHAPE MAGAZINE buff!
    :P

1. [...] the? Who gave that guy a knife? By the way, nice job catching that I handed Joaquin a knife in our first audition video. Who wouldn’t want to feature a nutty mom giving her toddler a knife? [...]

2. [...] video that I’m submitting. I thought I needed to try again since I handed Joaquin a knife in my other video. I’ll throw it in here just in case you want to humor me and give me any feedback. It’ll look [...]