A Birthday Song and a 20 Minute Treadmill Interval Workout

Something weird is going on around here.

I didn’t get on the computer at all last night after the gym, instead I finally watched last week’s episode of The Bachelor.

I also went to bed at 11:00pm.

This morning STUFT Daddy is sound asleep in bed when he’s usually out of the house before 6:00am.
Kitty, well, he’s his usual self staring me down at the moment, but it must be a special day because he doesn’t have any eye boogers.

I also think I’m going to treat myself to my STUFT salted caramel mocha a little early this morning and have it right now before the craziness of my day begins.

I can’t decide what to post today. I have a little fun 20 minute treadmill workout, another green muffin recipe or another chia recipe.

Hmm…..

I just can’t think straight. I’m not sure if it’s because of teaching six classes yesterday or because
today’s a special day.

I’m also not sure what exactly is on the agenda today besides teaching a couple classes and a much needed hair appointment.

But….

I do know this is the coolest birthday present ever from my sister-in-law and my nieces and nephew.

sock monkey hat
(And that is was really cold when I went outside just now to take that picture.)

Okay.

I’ll save my recipes for another post later this week.

Today you get this:

a fun 20 minute treadmill workout.

This is my go-to treadmill workout when I want to do intervals, but have very limited time. I posted a very similar 30 minute treadmill workout on here a long time ago.

I’ll leave the boxes blank so you can fill it in yourself (since you’ll improve and increase your MPH as the more you do it).

This is great when you’re pressed for time. It goes by really quickly. I also like to do it to start out a treadmill workout and then just keep a moderate intensity pace for a couple miles afterwards.
Here’s a little overview of the workout. It consists of a few intervals that start out longer and get shorter each time. Your job is to increase your MPH by .2 each time you do a speed interval.

Your first speed interval should be 2 MPH faster than your base pace. For example, if your base pace is 5.0 MPH then your first speed interval is 7.0. Each time you do a speed interval you add .2 MPH (7.2, 7.4, etc.)

I put the speed intervals in bold. I think the table is pretty reader friendly, but then again, I can’t think straight this morning.

It’s Tuesday Trainer day also at my friend Lindsay’s blog. Check out some cool moves she’s got going on over there. The boys and I are there with a less than mediocre video of a stability ball pass we taped late last night.

Okay, now I really don’t know what’s going on because STUFT Daddy just woke up and offered to go get me some Starbucks.

Say what?

I’m going all out and just told him I wanted a sugar free soy mocha.

(Obviously I never got around to making one myself like I wrote at the beginning of this post. Ha ha.)
Today is going to be a good day friends!

It always is with these guys around.

Have a great day!

Don’t forget to take Flat Kitty to work and email me your pictures (or post them on my Facebook page).

Comments

Kris says:

Happy Birthday, Mama! <3

I hope it is a fantastic day AND year! XXO

Kris says:

oh, and… OH MY STARS those kiddies are too dang cute!

Happy Birthday!! I might be able to handle that treadmill workout since I can plug my own speed in ;)

Thanks Sarah! Random, but I think of you everytime I get to watch my favorite shows (Bachelor and Biggest Loser). :) It would be cool if we could watch them together with some microwave muffins. Someday…

Happy birthday, dear friend! I hope your day is full of love, laughs, kindness, and beauty! <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my gorgeous friend!!! Ahhh I love the hat, up here in Canada that would be called a Toque ;)

I love the treadmill workout, I must get my arse on that thing…

xxoo

happy happy birthday kristin!!! loved the boys’ birthday song! make it a good one! ;)

Amy Zirkle says:

Happy Birthday – May the year ahead bring you great joy, love, health, and happiness – :)

Jody says:

Happy Birthday!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my dear friend!! Love you! Here’s to many, many more years of fitness and fun!

Thank you, thank you! Here’s to an amazing year. Can’t wait to see what it brings for the both of us! I’m so anxious for your news and happy for you that your dreams are coming true! God is good! PS- I have a butterfly and a sand dollar tattoo. :)

When I first read this through, I didn’t realize today was your BIRTHDAY! But then saw Love Grown wishes to you on Facebook and connected all the dots (birthday present hat, offer of starbucks, etc!) LOL! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it’s a great one :D

Shannon says:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRISTIN!!!! I hope you have a beautiful day!! :)

Happy birthday, lady! I hope your boys and the hubby spoil you! And thanks for the treadmill workout – I’m in desperate need of a plan to help me shake up my boring runs! :)

Annette Bailey says:

What a great year for you– full of so many accomplishments and new things! Hope all your wishes come true this year! Happy Birthday!

June Johnson says:

Love the GIRAFFES on the boys’ shirts…way to go…love all of you from the bottom of my heart.
    Happy Birthday to you sweet girl.
    jj

I hope you’re having an incredible day! Happy birthday my friend! xoxo

Happiest of birthdays lovely lady!!

Happy birthday, pretty lady!
    Mine was on the 30th– Looks like we’ve got an official aquarian bond goin’ on!

By the way, that beenie really suits you ;)

Sara says:

Happy belated birthday, Kristin!

Katie says:

Happy belated birthday Kristin! So sorry that I missed it, but I can’t seem to keep on top of my blog reading with my new student teaching internship. Hope it was awesome!

1. [...] There’s another similar one here that I wrote on my birthday a couple years [...]