Saturday Sharing- A Workout and Some Rambles

Hello! I thought I’d try to take a quick snooze while the boys napped today, but it oddly didn’t happen. That’s weird, right?

My nap attempts never seem to be successful.

You know what is successful though? My attempt to create the most decadent protein cookie (adapted from my protein cookie dough).

Check this baby out.

protein cookie

Oh yes. I ate that this afternoon and I can’t wait to share the recipe. Later though because this amazing thing needs a post all on it’s own.

This morning I taught my STUFT Fitness boot camp class. I have the best group of ladies who come and work their butt off every Saturday morning with me. I love them. I hope the feeling is mutual. I’m sure it depends on the day.

I always start out the class with a little cardio blast so today I thought I’d share what we did. It’s much more fun when I’m at the park with my ladies, but here are the moves from today in case you want to try them out on your own.

image
Pin It

We added a couple “bonus” moves in there at the end, but maybe I’ll wait and share those with you next week.

Ha ha.

After we start out with those we move to the benches, do ladders, high intensity partner drills, resistance band training (like these upper body moves), etc. So much fun!

Anyway…..

After boot camp the boys and I went down to pick up my race packet for tomorrow’s half marathon.

packet pick up

I got my hands on some really cool new Halo Headbands.

I also splurged and bought myself a new running hat (only $12 STUFT Daddy).

Awesome right?

And after I posted a quick question on Facebook yesterday

image

I got this shirt made too.

It’s a little snug since I accidentally bought the wrong size. Way to go Kristin. Oh well.

Oh, and yeah, did you see that sock monkey wine cover that was also on my Facebook page?

That was waiting for me at my STUFT mama mailbox (which I rarely check).

Best mail package ever! My friend Jennifer sent it to me. She is awesome!

One more thing before I go. They finally launched the trailer for Bob Harper’s Online Fitness Club with the videos I’ve gone up to LA to tape. You can find me in a couple of the shots. I’m wearing blue and am up in the front. There’s a guy in my spot though in some of the workouts. Beavis. Why would they tape without me? Ha ha.

Can you find me working it out with my boyfriend?

If you missed any of my posts on my trips to LA for the video shoots, you can find my last trip and links to the rest of them here.

My Trainer Bob

And yes, Bob did indeed take a picture with Flat Kitty on one of the trips and even gave Flat Kitty a tattoo. Just thought you should know.

Okay, gotta go. We’re going out to dinner tonight with Papap, Grandma D and Kevi (my bro). I’m a little nervous since I usually eat the same exact meal every night before a race, but we’ll see what happens.

I guess I’ll find out early tomorrow morning if it was a good or bad decision. Ha ha!

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend! Don’t forget to set your clocks back! (Nice timing with the race and all huh? Ugh.)

Comments

I want your autograph!! You were like spotlighted around the 45 sec. mark!! LOVE it!

Becky Przy says:

I think you better set your clock ahead or you will be really late for the race;-)

Great idea to make the shirt! enjoy the dinner w/the family, those are the best (and crossing my fingers it doesn’t upset your stomach for tomorrow)

Ha ha Becky…… Thanks! I saw this last night and was totally laughing. Only I would do something like that. Luckily my cell sets itself. I was actually on time for once. :) Hope you’re having a great Sunday!

jennifer says:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the other people working out with Bob! Good luck tomorrow. I had some stomach issues of my own on my last long training run. It was not good! Hoping that means the race next weekend will be better! Can’t wait to hear how you did!

I tihnk stomach issues and long runs go hand in hand. I’m so excited for your race. Next weekend yes? :) And yeah, who are those other people in the videos? Don’t they know they just need us?

I’ve been excited to hear Bob start talking about the online club. It’s like I’m right there with you, lol ;) Half marathon tomorrow?? You’ll kill it. Why would they plan this for daylight savings though?..

I feel like you’re right there with me too Sara. :) And I know, who plans this daylight savings time anyway? Ha! No wonder I’m so tired already. :)

lindsay says:

oh i so want that shirt, and a wine monkey. Actually i think there should be a flat kitty wine holder. haha.

Brandi says:

That is so cool that you were able to workout with Bob! :) That’s a great bootcamp workout! Can’t wait to try it. Good luck on your half!

I cannot wait for that recipe! I love all of your running gear. Good luck on your race!

Jessica says:

How Awesome- I am so excited this has finally launched! As one of your bootcamp ladies I can say the feeling is mutual :-) You work us hard, but it’s a good time and we appreciate all you do for us!

Um…. I really wanted to write that you all are my dear friends and I look forward to seeing you every week and forcing you to hang out and work out with me. Ha ha. You rocked it yesterday by the way! :) Hugs!

Bex says:

I want a stuft shirt!!

Oh man, I hate the unknown meal before a race! I am so weird and eat pancakes the night before :) But if I go out somewhere, potatoes, lots of potatoes. BTW, your shirt is AWESOME! Good luck today!

Nicole says:

That’s so awesome you were in the workouts! loved seeing you!

you’re quite the tease with another one of your new amazing looking creations and then not sharing the recipe right away! ;) seriously though, can’t wait for it! i love your new running hat! good luck today with your half! you’ll do awesome!

I am the worst tease in the world. I can’t help it, especially when it’s something I’m super excited about. And… I really think you will love this because it’s just that much better than my first protein cookie dough. :)

What will a sock monkey be on next? Love it! Hope your tummy behaved for your race. I’ve had a couple of ‘oh-ohs’ with night before meals. Can’t wait to see the protein cookie recipe!

Emily says:

You tease me with that cookie!! Love the shirt, love the headbands, love the video, really love bob, love the pic with the boys, did I mention I love bob?? Hope you rocked your race!!

Emily- I found you in my SPAM. So sorry I didn’t see this earlier. Oh and heck, everything I talk and think about Bob I think about you because I know how much you love him. :) He he. I’m going to see him Wednesday again!!!! Yay! Come on over and we can watch Bob videos and make cookies. He he!

You look awesome in that promo! Love the shirt! I would totally wear that! I’m glad today went well. I think you’re awesome!

Sara says:

Love the video, Kristin! You look awesome!

1. [...] my last post I had said I was nervous that we were going out to dinner the night before a race because I [...]