The STUFT Protein Cookie

I know I’ve been a tease about this cookie. I couldn’t help myself. As soon as I made it I had to share a picture.

I thought about posting my crazy day yesterday (cleaning up toddler puke, backing up into trash cans, leaving my phone in the diaper bag and sending it with Andrew to take Judah to the doctor, teaching six classes, etc.). Then talking about how I ended it by staying up until 12:30 to watch The Bachelor, but who really wants to read about that right?

Right.

Instead I figured I better share this with you.

Um, yeah, I really can’t explain how obsessed I am with this. Since giving up dairy I’ve been missing my favorite Chef Jay’s protein bar. Anything with oats, peanut butter and protein pretty much rocks my world. I had to come up with my own dairy free, gluten free protein treat.

Well, I did.

This is one heck of a STUFT treat.

Just to be sure I’ve made it a few different ways and taste tested it every day for the past week.

I think I’m ready to share.

This can be eating straight from a bowl just like my original protein cookie dough or my chia protein cookie dough dip. Either of those recipes can also be made into a cookie form (you know, depending on your mood and all).

This recipe takes my basic protein dough up a notch.

I also give a PB2 free version, although I’m still baffled what people do without PB2 in their house. Ha ha.

Speaking of, I just got my shipment the other day from Bell Plantation.

I think I’m set for awhile, yes?

Okay, enough rambling Kristin.

Here’s pretty much the biggest and best chocolaty, peanut buttery (or other nut butter), vegan protein cookie around.

STUFT protein cookie

No Bake STUFT Protein Cookie

(serves one hungry mama)

1/4 cup oats (20 grams)

1/3 cup brown rice cereal (10 grams)

1 serving vanilla protein powder (around 25 grams)

sweetener (if using unsweetened protein powder)

2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce

1-2 tablespoon peanut butter (or other nut butter)

1 chocolate square or 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (30 grams)

Notes- You can sub in 2 tablespoons PB2 (12 grams) for half of the protein powder.

You may have to add just a little extra applesauce to make sure all ingredients combine.

Directions:

Mix all ingredients except for the nut butter and chocolate in a small bowl.

Optional- Add 1 tablespoon of nut butter to the dough.

Note- If you’re only using one tablespoon you can save it for the top. If you’re using 2 tablespoons of nut butter, add one to the dough and save the other one for the top.

Press into one big cookie (or two smaller cookies) on wax paper.

Melt chocolate in microwave. (Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate squares are my favorite.)

Top cookie with tablespoon of nut butter.

Top with melted chocolate.

Put in refrigerator (or freezer if you’re in a hurry to eat this sucker) until chocolate sets.

Um, yeah.

Yeah.

You can even make it more of a cookie dough sandwich.

It would look a little like this.

This is my favorite way.

IMG_9349IMG_9350IMG_9353

Oh man, this protein packed cookie is no joke.

There you go friends.

Try it.

Have a wonderful day!

Comments

That cookie is insanity. It’s totally you, lol, in a good way. I’m glad you’ve found a new favorite awesome non-dairy treat! I’m going to try to make it with quinoa flakes since I can’t have oats.

Totally me by being over the top trying to be healthy, but taking it a couple steps too far. Yes? :) Tell me about quinoa flakes. I’ve never heard of them.

• Quinoa flakes are great but expensive. They make hot cereal sort of the consistency of oat bran/cream of wheat. I put them in pancakes and bars like I used to with oats. As a hot cereal it tastes like quinoa so I tend to make it savory and have it for lunches. Whole Foods has them if you wanna take a gander ;)

Tawny says:

Hey Kristin!
    This protein cookie looks amazing, i was looking for something like this to fill that craving for chocolate and a cookie haha:) Awesome share!

oh my goodness gracious, i don’t even know what to say about this it looks and sounds SO good! :) i can’t wait to make it tonight for my dessert! you rock my friend!

This cookie needs to get in my belly ASAP! Thank you for sharing!!!

Oh wow – that looks amazing!! Who needs dairy when you have something so delicious, quick, and homemade – right?!

You are a dangerous person to know! This looks amazing! Ok, tell me more about that protein powder. I take it you like it? I like mine, but I want more different brands. I’m a peanut flour girl through and through. I can’t live without the stuff! I hope today is better for you Kristin. Sorry yesterday was so rotten.

Melissa says:

Literally drooling. This looks incredible. Might have to replace my usual evening cookie with this one–holy delicious!

Paige says:

My stomach just growled at me to go make this. Um, YEAH. This looks AWESOME. Starring it right now.

janetha says:

THIS LOOKS AWESOME! I am for sure making it :)

Get in my belly Protein Cookie! You speak my language perfectly – PB and chocolate – heaven! :)

Erin says:

Wow! That looks awesome. Dangerous… but awesome.

Krista says:

Hello!! I have been reading for awhile, I just never comment! However, I made your roasted broccoli slaw last night and it was FABULOUS! I am making this protein cookie ASAP:) Thanks for having a lovely blog!

Two boxes of peanut flour?! I bow to you, as the official Queen of PB Flour. :)

And cookies… ’cause OMG that breast looks delish.

Kierston says:

1. I love PB2. 2. Droooooling. OMGoodnesss that looks yum!

Brandi says:

Oh my goodness, these look amazing! :) Lol, you might have enough PB2, but maybe not! ;)

Oh wow…seriously, I need to make that asap! It looks so freaking amazing! I just recently got my first jar of PB2 and I’m hooked. I just wish I wasn’t going through the jar so quickly haha

lindsay says:

i just went to the store to get PB2 and guess what, they were OUT!! NO!!! I want these right now. Althought toddler puke sounds like you need an extra cookie more than me. hugs!

Lindsay- oh my goodness. Every day we’ve got some issues going on over here. I may need your expert advice on gluten free living. My poor Judah. I think that may be his problem.

Pb, oats, and chocolate… in a protein cookie, genius! Can’t wait to try it!

Emily says:

Can we use “prepared pb2″ (flour with water) in the dough instead? I wanted to keep the full protein effect and also keep it low fat. Thanks for so many versions of great recipes!

toby says:

I am concerned that there are 18 grams of sugar in this cookie, not including if you add a sweetner It is great that it is gluten and dairy free but thats a lot of sugar!!!!

Toby- The main source of sugar is the chocolate. You can use unsweetened chocolate instead (which I do sometimes) and it cuts the sugar way down. Also, an average 200 calorie Larabar has about 20 grams of sugar. I’d take my 18 grams of sugar over a a huge fattening regular cookie anyday. He he. :)

• toby says:

Thanks so much for clarifying that !!!

• STUFT Mama says:

No problem! :) I’ve used unsweetened chocolate and added my own sweetener to it as i melted it. It works just as well. I also make sure I use unsweetened protein powder. :) Have a great day Toby!

• toby says:

Unfortunately my stomach doesnt tolerate artificial sweetners so I use agave sometimes EVen though it is a little high calorie wise it is still llow on the glycemic index If you have any ideas of how to sweeten things naturally I would love the input

• STUFT Mama says:

I love using really ripe mashed up bananas to sweetened things up. If you microwave them they get a little juicy and taste even sweeter. :)

Katie says:

Making one right now! It’s in the freezer and I am pacing around the kitchen just waiting for it to cool. :-)

Ashley smith says:

When it says nut butter are you using the pb2 there? I just ordered my first bag!! Wish me luck I’m so excited for this recipe!!

Hi Ashley! When it says nut butter you can use any nut butter you want. Prepared PB2 (mixed with water) or a different nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, etc.). I’m so excited for you that you just ordered your first bag. You’re going to get hooked. :)

Ashley says:

I’m trying to hold off on making this until it (pb2) comes in. Should be tomorrow or Tuesday. I’m new to your blog but I’m LOVING it. Do you ever post calories/nutritional facts on your recipes? Thanks for all o the great ideas on here– I’ve started a list of everything I need to make! Ha! I’m sure there will be plenty more to add

Hi Ashley! I sometimes post rough estimates, but am trying to include a little more of the nutritional information since I know some people want that. :) I’m so glad you found me. He he! I really can’t wait for you to get your PB2!!! :) It’s so fun! Hope you’re having a great Sunday!

Nicole says:

Wow!!!! Soooo good!!! Enjoyed my first attempt at this delightful cookie tonight.. As I was eating my husband kept looking at me like “really?!? Is it that good? I must have had many oh my goodness sounds while eating, ha ha ha

Ali says:

Oh my goodness this recipe is pure genius!!!!!!! My mouth is water and I can’t wait to try it :)

Lisa says:

OMG. I just made this. it. is. amazing. Thank you for this recipe!! New favourite snack. Also I don’t get how people live without peanut flour! I don’t use PB2 but the peanut flour. I actually dislike peanut butter, so for some reason the PB flour tastes 7592 times better than regular PB haha..I do like other nut butters like almond and cashew though! :) Enjoy your sunday!

Jim Richards says:

:P … reacting to a post by Peachy Runner Girl, I tried this and liked it … not a LOT, but enough to make this regularly and eat one for a meryenda … it’s easy and portable and (minus any topping) doesn’t require special storage or handling other than a Zip-Loc bag …. ;)

1. [...] 4. Even better than the Healthy PB Banana Cookie is STUFT Mama’s No Bake Protein Cookie. [...]

2. [...] pretty much rocks my world and is great on the pumpkin dough. I’m sure it would be great in the STUFT Protein Cookie [...]

3. [...] made a STUFT Protein Cookie and topped it with Trader Joe’s Cocoa Almond Spread instead of peanut butter + chocolate, which [...]

4. [...] I went back inside to finish my P90X Shoulders & Arms workout before making myself a “No Bake STUFT Protein Cookie,” aka a healthy peanut butter cookie that I snagged from [...]

5. [...] Protein No-Bake Cookie – STUFTmama [...]

6. [...] I went back inside to finish my P90X Shoulders & Arms workout before making myself a “No Bake STUFT Protein Cookie,” aka a healthy peanut butter cookie that I snagged from [...]

7. [...] No Bake STUFT Protein Cookie [...]