Catching Up With Flat Kitty, Amelia and Flatouts

I feel like I’ve been a little quiet on the blog front, but holy moly there has been a lot going on this week. STUFT Daddy’s had the week off of work and while we always think we’re going to do this whole “staycation” thing, we find ourselves busier than ever.

Things that have been going on this week that haven’t made the bloggy cut:

Countless loads of laundry and unexpected clean ups due to Judah’s digestion issues, along with frustration trying to figure out what is wrong with him. (As of today we’re going gluten free for him. Hopefully it will help.)

Week two of dairy free living for me. It may be time to start experimenting and adding in a little dairy here and there again.

Many failed attempts to start my taxes. They are currently still untouched.

A new coffee brewer. (Don’t even ask.)

A new truck for STUFT Daddy as of tonight. (It’s about time since my accident was over 2 months ago.)

Pretty much a daily serving of the STUFT Protein cookie. My new favorite way to eat it is out of a bowl with the chocolate hardened on the top.

That was two days ago, this was today.

Not the best picture, but oh well.

Running out of nail polish remover and realizing my poor feet need some serious TLC after last week’s race.

Ugh. Sorry. No one wants to see that.

STUFT Daddy’s birthday celebration on Wednesday (in addition to all our activities during the day). We went all out and ordered Papa John’s to go with my chicken breast tenders and Italian green salad.

I really have a thing for overcooking anything and everything in the oven. They came out more like chicken jerky. We ate them anyway.

Then we really celebrated.

IMG_9411IMG_9414IMG_9418IMG_9427

Since I’ve been dropping the ball lately on the Flat Kitty Friday posts, we made sure to take him on an adventure this week also.

IMG_0692IMG_0691IMG_0695

Flat Kitty’s adventure didn’t last long (that’s him in Joaquin’s mouth), but we still went on without him.

IMG_0680IMG_0684IMG_0687IMG_0688

Speaking of an adventure, our precious friend Amelia has been on quite the adventure over in Italy. Amelia and her family have spent the past 6 weeks in Italy. She successfully got her auditory brainstem implant surgery and as of yesterday is home safe and sound with her new device. Amelia’s Hope for Hearing is an amazing story. Through everyone’s help and support, this deserving little girl has been given the gift of hearing.

I feel like I never really expressed how grateful we were for everyone’s help and support with our Half Marathon for Amelia. In addition to all the individual donations, SunButter and Flatout were so gracious with their contributions.

I’ve been meaning to write a special post to Flatout not only for their help, but because I truly am in love with their products (pretty much all of them). I eat at least one Flatout wrap a day (usually two).

After our race back in November they sent us some multigrain wraps and new Flatout Foldits to share with Amelia and her family.

Recently they sent over their new EdgeOn baked Flatout crisps to sample.

Oh man, these things are good. I haven’t eaten them in the past few weeks since they have dairy products in them, but these are some pretty awesome little snack crisps.

They are perfect for a healthy travel snack. Our favorite is the multigrain.

IMG_9319IMG_9323IMG_9321

The boys love them.

They’re so good I had to share them with my boot camp ladies for our STUFT boot camp year anniversary.

And, well, I already showed you my skills on how I can wrap up a mean Flatout wrap here, so I’ll just leave you with my favorite ways I’ve been eating my daily dose of Flatouts this week.

cinnamon crisps (with chia cookie dough dip)

parmesan crisps (lately I’ve been subbing in nutritional yeast for parmesan)

this Sweet Treat Breakfast Sandwich (in a wrap or Foldit)

Or as one of my two favorite lunch wraps:

BBQ/buffalo sauce roasted tempeh with broccoli slaw

Trader Joe’s eggplant hummus, spinach and broccoli slaw

Oh yum.

The possibilities are endless. He he.

Okay, I’m off. Hope you have one heck of a Flatout Friday.

Disclaimer- I have no affiliation with Flatout (although I wouldn’t mind one). I just love the company and all of their products and am forever grateful for their support for our race for Amelia. The new products were sent to me free of charge to sample (sharing them was optional- he he).

Comments

Melissa says:

The birthday pictures of STUFT Daddy with the boys are priceless!

I love FlatOut! They’re located in my hometown (not far from where I live now), and I’m constantly musing about how I could go work for them! Such a great company with amazing products. I mean, have you ever had anything bad from FlatOut???? The answer is no. No one has. :)

Thanks Melissa! Flatouts are in your hometown? Oh man….. I would stalk them if I lived there. Ha ha. Are they everywhere?

• Melissa says:

EVERYWHERE! And we get all the new products in stores first, which is pretty awesome. I sometimes drive by the factory, just, you know, to see what’s up . . . ;)

• STUFT Mama says:

That is awesome! I would totally drive by the factory too- just to “you know”. I probably wouldn’t stay in the car either. I’d have to get out and talk ot the fabulous Flatout peeps.

MizFit says:

you HAVE been crazy busy!!
    You had me at the pictures of your lovely family and then HAD HAD HAD ME AT AMELIA’S STORY.

so.amazing.

Holy cow! The chick two over to the right from you in the pic looks EXACTLY like my sister in law. It’s eerie.

I love their little faces with the cupcakes. Such excitement.

Poor little boy of yours! I hope that his stomach starts to feel better soon!

What kind of cupcakes were those?! They look awesomely stacked with icing. Want. :)

Oh little Amelia! She melts my heart. I am so happy for her right now. What an absolutely precious little girl.

As for the week, seriously, I am currently sitting around two loads of folded laundry, with one still in the dryer (been there for 3 days) and piles that still need to be washed. I have not opened my taxes yet either. In fact, I’m not even sure where the folder went? Is there such thing as a relaxing week? I want one of those if they do exist! Looks like Stuft Daddy had a great birthday. I’m glad you took some time to hang out with your family. I think we all need times to recharge! Have a great Friday and I am going to email you in a bit with a gluten free waffle recipe for my friend Judah!

Sarena- at least you havea folder. I have PILES all over my office. I can’t even show a picture- I’m too embarrassed. :) Maybe we need to work together on them. ha ha. Oh… and that protein powder. I really lke it. Not too expensive and no added sugar. I can email more info. I hope you have a great Friday (with no drama). :)

dang, you guys have been busy!!! but your kids are ADORABLE

Nadine says:

Oh boy, I hope you had company at the dentist (that’s one trip that I’m not looking forward to at all!)…

Carissa says:

MMM – we love FlatOuts wraps. Mine are usually with PB. I have never seen the crisps, but I”ll keep my eye out!

How cute are your little ones?! I used to work at a dentist office and I LOVED when little ones would come in to get their check ups….they were sooo excited for the cheesy toys and toothbrushes at the end ;)

I hope the tummy issue clears up with gluten free!!

Have you tired the muscle test on them?

xxoo

I haven’t tried the muscle test on him. I should look into it. Um… yeah, I’m not sure you would’ve loved our dentist visit. It was a little loud. :)

Anna W. says:

Brave woman, showing your toes to the world….those are some hard-working feet :)

I really need to try those Flatouts! They’re hard to find in my neck of the woods, but i think Wal-Mart now carries them.

Love your blog! Keep up the great work!

Anna- I totally forgot I put that awful picture on there. Oops. Yeeah, you’ve got to find some Flatouts. I don’t know what I’d do without them. :) I think on their website you can figure out where they are sold where you live. :)

I am happy to to report that Flatout wraps are one thing I can actually find here in my small town of 620 people – the local grocery store even sells them, imagine that!

Thanks for the Amelia update – such fantastic news for her and her family!

Well Jenny- that is a good report. :) PS- I really want to coem visit your small town. :) I secretly wished I lived in one. Thanks for your support for Amelia. :) It’s do great seeing what this family got to do. :)

Erin says:

I love that last picture of Andrew with the boys. So sweet!

I am so glad that Amelia is home safe and sound! I hope the surgery really improves her quality of life and makes things a little easier for her.

You, me and Judah need to live in quarantine until we are properly diagnosed, treated and fit to be sent out into the world. Flat Kitty can come too.

Brandi says:

Love the pictures! You have some of the best food here and I love your recipes! :) I picked up some Foldits yesterday! :)

Bonnie says:

Like Brandi said above, I love your recipes! I’ve been pretty absent from the blog world this week myself, but popping over to browse your blog (forgive me for not commenting more!). So glad you celebrated well (happy birthday to Andrew!) and I hope your weekend allows you some rest from the busyness. I appreciate you! and just feel like i know you and love you, friend. Feeling for some reason like I wish I could hug you…sending a hug from Calgary!

I’m a big flat out fan, and look forward to the baked crisps arriving on our shelves soon. The photos of your kids made me “awww” out loud and big belated happy birthday to your hubby. Have a great weekend.