Hot Chocolate 15K San Diego

Hello! Hope you’re all enjoying your last Sunday in March.

Yeah, I know, crazy right?

I have yet to start our taxes. Oopsies.

I have a pretty good excuse for today though.

Another race. A race with chocolate at the finish line.

The IRS will accept that excuse right?

Ha.

Oh races……..

Since the boys don’t really get a chance to decide if they want to come cheer me on or not, I made sure there were ready yesterday.

I even made them practice some poses and cheers.

That may or may not have gone over too well.

I also made sure I was ready with all my chocolate attire.

The nice people in charge gave me that hat when we picked up the race packet. How cool is that?

Since Andrew conveniently had to work today, Grandma D, our friend Carol, the boys and I made our way downtown without him. I’m sure he was really upset.

I thought everyone was excited to go to another race at 5:45 am, but maybe that was just me.

After my usual pre race meal (my favorite bread with 1/2 a banana and some Naturally More peanut butter and an almond milk mocha), some outfit changes, a short porta potty line (for a change) and a few stretches, it was race time.

Nice outfit. (Yes, it just happens to be the same outfit I wore at the SD Half Marathon two weeks ago.)

Today I decided I really like the 15K distance. I did not, however, like starting in corral D. What the heck is up with that?

I can’t remember most of my thoughts during the race this time.

A couple things I do remember though:

Thinking that eating all that roasted broccoli slaw last night was probably not the best idea (even though it was accompanied by some quinoa and marinara sauce).

Trying to figure out how the heck I can make sure I get that one-on-one training session with My Trainer Bob he suggested.

Realizing that as much as I say I am a recreational runner, I am not. I am competitive. In everything really, which is not the greatest attribute sometimes. Andrew says I run like Forrest Gump. I’m still trying to figure out what exactly that means.

Today I had a goal to finish in 1:10 (a 7:20 mile pace). My competitive nature helped me out a bit (along with my favorite Mizuno Elixir running shoes and the fact that I wasn’t pushing the double stroller).

image

Yay!

I had told Mom about what time to expect me across the finish line. She informed me that she couldn’t tell if it was me or not because I was running all kiddywampus.

Yes. Kiddywampus. Despite her stellar demonstration of my kiddywampus running form, I still had to look it up.

image[source]

Um, thank you?

After running into the super pretty, didn’t even look like she just ran a race, Skinny Runner (and realizing I need to wear cuter race outfits like her), I was a little disappointed that we weren’t handed a goodie bag or a finishing medal.

Then I made my way to the festival area and got this.

Oh yes, hot chocolate (that is the name of the race you know) and some goodies with chocolate dip.

I thought it would have been really cool if they had a soy hot chocolate option, but I didn’t suggest it since I didn’t want to be that girl. Ha ha.

Then I found these guys.

And they found the chocolate.

No race is complete without a self portrait

and trying to score as many freebies as possible.

They told me there were only two per person. I showed them by going around to the next table and getting two more. I’m such a rebel.

Then we found my other friend Liz who ran (and rocked it) and her adorable daughter.

Hot Chocolate 15K you were fun.

Right guys? Wasn’t that fun?

Thankfully the mood changed once we got to breakfast.

Grandma D told me not to put this picture on here, but it was too cute not to. Love you Mom! That’s what you get for calling my running kiddywampus.

The eats.

The race crew.

Once we got home the rest of the day looked a little like this.

IMG_0823IMG_0828IMG_9603IMG_9606IMG_9609

Um, yes, that would be my new version of protein cookie dough that I’m going to share with you all tomorrow.

And yes, it is that good.

And it goes really well with a sugar free almond mocha made with this Trader Joe’s Coconut Milk (you know, since the race didn’t have soy and all for me).

Oh, and I almost forgot.

There’s a new promotional video for “my boyfriend” and his new online club that’s launching. I’m in there a couple times. And yes, he does touch my shoulders. Too bad they don’t show the shot of the workout where I had to squat down to touch his fist with my bum. Ha ha.

I want some socks like that! :)

How was your weekend?

Comments

Girl you are just so darn cute! Nice job on the race!

That’s how I run! Now I know the technical word for it! Congrats on the run. I’m so proud of you. Love that video too! You look awesome with Bob! I have still not started my taxes either. I’m still waiting for you to start! I am seriously running out of time!

Oh taxes…….. I keep putting thme off. I think we need to help each other. Poor Andrew keeps asking me every day. I wish they would just do themselves. :)

Amy Zirkle says:

Yeah Kristin!!! Way to go – looks like you had a blast – and your boys are so damn cute!!!! Quiet rainy weekend in our nation’s capitol where indeed Cherry Blossoms are in bloom – and it isn’t even April!!!! Hope you are having a glorious Sunday – hoping to try your famous broccoli slaw recipe for lunch tomorrow. cheers!
    Amy

It’s rainy here today Amy too. I would love to see cherry blossoms in bloom everywhere. ;) Hope you had a great weekend and let me know how the broccoli slaw turns out. :) He he.

YOU are amazing. What a great race. I’ve been loving the promo for Bob’s club. I wish I needed something like that so I had a reason to be super involved, lol. Now seriously woman, get your taxes done so you can get that refund!!

Can you please come over and force me to do taxes. :) Ahhh……. I keep finding excuses. :) But, we do really need that refund. I should get on it! How was the Muppets?

Becky Przy says:

I love, love, love how you get your boys in the ‘race spirit’ with you (how cute are they holding the signs)! You truly do it all!

Maybe I should run all kiddywampus next time and I can have a speedy time like you;-)

melissa b says:

since i have watched forrest gump 505640654064 times, I believe andrew is saying that “you run like the wind blows” hahaha
    ps those socks ARE pretty sweet!

strong work on your run stuft mama! you never cease to amaze me! ;) i love mimi’s cafe – good choice!

Jen Crandall says:

Goal for tomorrow: use kiddywampus in a sentence!

great job at the race! With that awesome race time, you definitely deserve at least a couple cookie dough bowls, hehe.

I will keep my fingers crossed that your get the one-on-one with Bob, even though I really wish it was me! ;)

I’m with Jen! Kiddywampus will make a debut in my vocabulary!
    (GREAT job on the race, girl!!!)

GREAT RACE!! You looked adorable AND FAST wow! How do you balance it all! Your boys are the cutest cheerleaders out there! Looks like a spectacular day!

Awesome job on the race! I ran my longest run yet while pregnant (7 miles) and am ready to nap indefinitely :)
    I’ve endured (and still do) many Forrest Gump jokes – because me and him are like peas and carrots don’t cha know :)

Liz says:

You are so fast girl! Thanks for telling me about this race, I had so much fun and I think it was my fastest time yet (8:20 pace)! The best part, besides the chocolate of course, was seeing you and the boys (and meeting your mama) at the post race party! You all look adorable in the pic (I have some funny hair horns sticking out…maybe I should have bought a chocolate race hat). Anyway, looking forward to stroller jam and in couple of weeks when I’m spring break so we can run together! :)

Liz- You did AWESOME! So glad we found each other at the end! Your hair always looks good. Sticking out or not. There’s a reason why I’m always wearing hats. ha ha.

Coco says:

… I think getting up super early for a fun day like this race is a perfect idea! Looks like you had a great time with the kiddos and family :) Good job racing!

Erin says:

I always feel slightly guilty when you post race day photos because I am literally just waking up by the time you have run, had breakfast, gotten home and posted pictures. Oops! Anyway… Great job!!!

Nadine says:

Man you are Fast! Born to run.

I love the pics of the guys, will have to work on some signs for my twins for my first half in May.

That is a GREAT time! Wow. I may have been running a little faster knowing that tastiness was waiting at the end. ;)

Hey, just came over from SR’s blog. Great race! Also, I think our twin boys are the same age, and they have the same hobbies. #1 nose picking. Can’t get enough of those kids some days (and some days it’s more than enough).

Congrats on the race… awesome job! I love the boys track suits. You look so happy in the video – can’t say I blame you! :)

Amy says:

New reader/follower here :) I love your blog and LOVE your videos. Thanks so much for taking your time to make them for us!

Gonna have to try your protein cookie dough. Looks soooo good!

You may have said this before or have a section devoted to your workouts, but I would love to know your workout routine. I want your arms. :)

Congrats on the race..you did great!

Hi Amy! Yay! I’ve never actually written out my workout routine, but I do have a couple videos with some good upper body moves. :) I can email you the links if you want. :) I can also let you borrow my boys for a few hours for a little upper body workout. Just kidding! :)

MizFit says:

lived vicariously via facebook because I FREAKIN love you and that family of yours…

Wow – great job! I really like that hat too – very cool.

Oh, and thanks for teaching me a new word. ;)

Sara says:

Fun stuff! :-) Great job! (Ugh. I need to finish my taxes. Thanks for the reminder! Just one little pesky thing to add. Think I’d go ahead and do it already!)

Oh yes the dreaded taxes. We worked on them this weekend but are still waiting on one more 1099 and then I still have to figure out my travel expenses. I’m a little afraid that a trip we won last year will have us owing thousands this year.

Great job on the race! You did awesome.

Yay! Congrats on 5th place. So proud of you!!

dang! you rocked it! congrats mama!

That race looks like so much fun! I would love to do a chocolate run!! I have never run a 15k so I wouldn’t know how to pace it.

p.s. Your arms look amazing!! :)

Wow, Kirstin, you were flying!! Congrats on an awesome race! I definitely get competitive in a race setting too… the adrenaline starts flowing, it’s so much fun! I need to find a chocolate race…mmmm.

Kiddywampus? Never knew it was a word but I’m going to try to work it into my vocabulary now just because it’s fun to say!

Great race! I totally get wrapped up in the competitiveness of a race. I usually have a goal pace but there’s usually someone I pick out that I can’t let beat me. So I’ll push to keep up or pass them.

Bonnie says:

That is so neat, Kristin! Great, great work on your run…how in the world are you so fast?! :D Great work and it looked like a good end to a great day!

Sheila says:

Great job, cute family

Erika says:

Um, yeah, I love Bob, too!!
    What a fun race! I ran it, too, and wrote a short little recap in my blog. But the hills killed. I was ready for them but not so many of them.
    You had a great time. I am amazed…you killed it! Congrats!!

Gosh I love how much you pack into your posts!! Can’t wait for that recipe. You had a great race. Love your mizunos!! I’m going in for some new ones this week!!

1. [...] also going to give it credit for getting my PR at the Hot Chocolate race the other week. That was after only 2 nights of sleeping with this guy. Wait, that doesn’t sound [...]

2. [...] well, you already saw this, but after my race Sunday, I did it up a little like [...]