Hi friends! Hope you had a wonderful Easter yesterday!
Besides the Easter bunny really “making a mess” (Joaquin’s quote, not mine),
the fact that the boys are still sporting their Christmas pajamas in April,
our taxes went untouched one more day
and I decided to have not one, but two full fat dairy filled desserts last night, we had one amazing day celebrating with family.
So… of course on top of Easter this past weekend (when I should have been doing nothing but taxes) I learned about three very important things:
- the Hood To Coast Relay
- that NUUN is putting together three blogger teams for the HTC relay
I don’t know how in my years of racing and my fitness career that I had never really learned much about NUUN electrolyte drink tabs. I do know that now that I’ve read about them I want to get my hands on some as soon as possible. I’m always on the lookout for electrolyte drinks without calories and sugar and these, my friends, seem to be just that. I have yet to try them though, so I will make sure to fill you in once I find some.
The people over at NUUN (again, we haven’t met yet, but I have a feeling we’ll be fast friends) are putting together three relay teams for the Hood To Coast relay in August this year. It’s the largest 199 mile relay in the world up in Oregon and it’s pretty much calling my name (as are taxes).
I couldn’t help but apply for this (and of course today is the deadline). So instead of making an elaborate video and blog post (like all the other awesome applicants), this is my submission.
Here’s my Nuun audition video that I got no help in making. Since STUFT Daddy refused to help me tape it. (He would rather mow the lawn. And yes, the lawn mower is on pretty much the entire time in the background.) The boys wanted nothing to do with helping either, so I’m all by myself and they don’t even know what the video is for. Surprise.
Ha ha! I wear my “Running is Cheaper Than Therapy” hat for a reason.
Here are NUUN (NINE) reasons why the NUUN folks need me for the team (in addition to my “therapeutic” ones I talked about in the video).
1. I have a lot of practice staying up until the wee hours of the morning. I’ll be getting some really great practice the next two nights with taxes. I’ll just consider it my “training”.
2. In the countless races I’ve run, I have yet to run a relay. I would love my first experience to be with NUUN and some other awesome bloggers/runners.
3. I train pushing a 100+ pound double stroller most of the time.
4. I’ll bring Flat Kitty with me.
5. I’m pretty darn energetic and will cheer on my teammates, but try to entertain them with some stories as well.
6. I can sleep, eat and run anywhere.
7. My race times are getting pretty fast and I’m very competitive. NUUN wants to be one of the top teams right? He he. I promise I’ll put in some extra training.
8. I have yet to be on a plane since the boys were born and this is the perfect first trip for me.
9. Well, shoot, it’s early on a Monday morning and I have some cat barf to clean up along with 6 fitness classes to teach and some cranky boys to get up…….. let’s just say you NUUN NEED me, okay? You need an official “Team Bob” member. He he.
Even this guy thinks so too.
Oops. I just remembered I’m not supposed to be blogging about myself this week. Sorry friends. The deadline for this application was today. Would love it if you could humor me and watch my application video. It’s less than 2 minutes.
I have some good stuff coming up later this week for YOU!
Don’t forget to enter the Technogel giveaway for the greatest pillow ever. (I wonder if I could take it with my to the relay?)
The Yumvelope giveaway post has been edited with the winner. Click here to see if you won. I LOVED reading all of your Easter memories. They all sounded so much fun!
Have a wonderful day!!!!!
Have you ever had NUUN or ran a relay? I’ve been missing out, right?