Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Realizations of the Weekend

Realizations of the Weekend

As much as I like to think I can handle staying up all night like I did last last week to frantically finish taxes, I can’t. Well, I can, but it seems to take at least 5 days to recover. My body, my mind, you name it, it hasn’t been right since. Ugh.

Speaking of taxes and getting rest, I’ve also solidified the fact that I really need to be getting to bed early rather than writing late night blog posts. Between all my fitness classes, STUFT Fitness, teaching PE one day a week and this blog, you’d think I’d make a decent amount of money. Well, I don’t. I don’t mind though, but I’d rather be well rested, spending as much time as possible with these busy guys,

and trying to get my life organized than staying up until the wee hours of the morning trying to write a post. Maybe I should just stick to our YouTube videos. They’re easy (and hopefully entertaining). Ha ha.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew with registering for this marathon that’s just 7 short weeks away. I found this free training plan over the weekend for an advanced runner (not me) with 20 weeks to train (again, not me as I only have 7).

I may need to do some adjusting to the schedule. Ha! I know you want to register for the half or full marathon (click here for a coupon for $10 off) and get ready to “Rock ‘n’ Roll” with me the next 7 weeks, right?

And, well, since I’m starting my training 13 weeks behind schedule, I was on the treadmill at 8 pm Friday night to try to squeeze in a quick run

and only got interrupted once by my little buddy who really wanted to go for a run on the treadmill too.

I may not have time to ever paint my nails, but I do have the best base and top coat ever. These are the only ones I buy and use- CNC Stickey and Out the Door Top Coat. They’re cheap and awesome.

I am very high maintenance when I go out to eat. I ask multiple questions, change my mind at least twice and ask for substitutions and everything on the side. But, I usually end up getting the perfect meal.

Not pictured was the extra wasabi they brought me on the side.

The boys love helping celebrate birthdays, especially Grandma D.

Joaquin sure knows how to put down a chocolate dessert. I wonder where he learned that?

Going for a 17 mile run without any long distance runs lately was not the best idea.

I made it though (slowly).

Speaking of my run, I came dangerously close to being attacked by a scary pit bull around mile 15. After screaming for help (yes, that’s right, I stood in the middle of the street and screamed my head off),  I flagged down the only car that happened to drive by. Luckily the nice man let me jump in his expensive car and took me up the hill. I don’t think he was too happy about me sweating all over his spotless leather interior though. I really need to run with some pepper spray or something, right?

I also really need to find some new sports bras. Mine are old and gross (pre-pregnancy old) and I could really use some that have a little extra padding (if you know what I mean). Let me know if you have any good recommendations.

I’m still into roasted sweet potatoes (with Serrano chilies) lately.

I had them and this Texas Caviar stuff I found at Costco

on a salad for lunch, along with some chicken (topped with BBQ sauce and a little low fat ranch).

That was followed by this fudgy STUFT protein cookie dough topped with Nuttzo, a little Love Grown Foods granola and strawberries.

Why yes, I do know I eat a lot. Thank you.

Good old Kitty is back to his normal self and all up in my face in the mornings. I’m seeing a Flat Kitty post in the future to celebrate.

I have the best husband in the world. I’ve been begging for my own chili peppers and basil forever. Look what STUFT Daddy did for me.

I’m so spoiled. Isn’t he the best?

So with that and my need to sleep, I’m signing off. I need to be well rested for my marathon day of classes and for these guys who apparently really like to try on our shoes.

Hope you had a great weekend.

What kind of video should we do this week? A workout? A recipe?

Comments

Oh, you are reading my mind! I’ve been feeling like I’m spreading myself too thin these days, too. When you find the solution let me know!

I just started running with pepper spray. A friend of mine was attacked by a pit bull while riding her bike. She just got out of the hospital 3 weeks and 4 surgeries later! Scary!

Sports bra recommendations? I’m always a slacker on stocking up but I have had success with Old Navy, surprisingly. I’m usually not a fan of their clothes for me but the sports bras are really nice (and cheap!). Under Armor is good, too!

Thanks for the suggestions on the sports bras. 🙂 I think we all spread ourselves too thin. 🙂 What pepper spray did you get? I need one that will work on people and dogs. 🙂

Miz says:

I LOOOOVE my handful bras.
    LOVE.

Take some time to yourself! I know it’s hard as a mom, but so necessary. I have been in your shoes taking on too much and it ended very badly. Hugs!

I’ve totally been thinking about you lately Tina. Glad your run went well this past weekend. If only there were a couple extra hours in the day, huh?

Meg says:

Oh my goodness 🙂 I totally ask for subs at restaurants too, but I rather LOVE what I order than not, right? 😉 Your tuna made me drool by the way…. And I have had that same(ish) meal twice this week. You can never get enough tuna 😉 MMMM <3 Especially sashimi style 😉

love u! such an inspiration!

That is so me in restaurants … it is a standing joke with my friends and co-workers … and everyone stops to listens to my order choice with multiple changes and questions … but then perfection, right? 🙂

you make me tired just by reading this! haha. relax my friend! i promise it’ll be worth it. 😉 still need to make that fudgy protein cookie dough!!

Glad Kitty is back to his normal self! And I don’t know how you do it – I’m tired reading this LOL. Nice job on that run but scary about the dog!

I totally need some new sports bras, myself. They’re one of those things that just don’t seem like a priority to get at the store. I’d rather buy shoes and have old nasty sports bras, I guess? That sounds kind of nasty though haha!

Beth Petrassi says:

I am a busty Mama – so I have to get really good bras and am hurting if I skimp. The best bra I have found is the Last Resort Bra (Enell makes it, Title 9 sells it). It is NO BOUNCE – when new and holds up pretty well, though will allow some bouncing over time. Really – it is scary if the girls break free – like “DOWN IN FRONT” someone is gonna get hurt!! Ha!
    As for letting yourself get run down – I need a lot of sleep and have ended up with Shingles when stressed and have tried to go without sleep. Not a worthy trade, so try to take care of not only your fitness and nutritional needs (which you rock at) but also your need for rest – it is important. That constant struggle to find balance…

YOu are too funny. I think my days of needing extra support are officially over. How sad. Yes, not a worthy trade to skimp on sleep. I bet you can tell when I’m all over the darn place while trying to teach classes too. It’s not pretty. Ha. Balance, balance, balance……

I think it’s okay if you need a little break from blog world – you could post less frequently for a time and see if that helps recapture your life. It can take up so much time and living your life is more important! 🙂

I know I’d be in trouble with 7 weeks until a marathon – take it easy girl, I’m so impressed you eeked out a 17 miler this weekend (crazy dog and all!). It doesn’t have to be a fast race, make it a fun race! Maybe wear a tutu? 😉

I totally get the spreading yourself too thin with things! I always want to bite off more than I can chew, and the hubs has definitely been making me not do as much stuff. It’s tough when you enjoy it all!

And I have a new sportbra love that I’m sharing on my new site this week along with a giveaway for it too, so watch out for that. It gives a little umph which I love.

Cheryl D. says:

Been there, done that, and am still doing that! Good luck with finding balance, it’s a very delicate thing:) As for the sports bra….I like to use the Champion ones at Target. They hold it all in, and I don’t have a whole lot to hold in, but it makes it look like I do! Great support:) I also like Old Navy’s sports bras too. Both are pretty economical too.

kalli says:

i love follwoing you on instagram because i got to watch your weekend unfold already but i have been wondering what happened with the pit bull-how scary! i would have done exactly what you did. thank goodness someone came by! btw i love the lululemon tata tamer even though it is expensive i feel like it is worth it. have a great monday!

Ooo… lulu tata tamer???? I haven’t seen that. That store is DANGERGOUS!!!! He he. I love instagram too! I’m new to it, but it’s so fun! Hope you’re having a good week.

Ahh you’ve got so much going on Kristin! You always get though your races great even though you never have the “appropriate” amount of time to train. I think you ARE an advanced runner my dear. Well, anyone who can run even one mile without stopping is an advanced runner to me. Today at TJs I was buying like eight containers of greek yogurt and the cashier said “Oh you must be a runner.” I snorted and said “God no, just the opposite.” He said, “…a sitter?..” Lol. Then I had to tell him “Um, no, I lift weights.” It was kind of awkward 🙂 Okay there’s my story for you 😀 Happy day to you, the family and my precious Kitty.

Love your “story”. You should get a shirt that says “I lift weights”. LOL. 🙂 I can totally picture that interaction with the cashier. I miss yogurt. And.. I woudl like a daily story from you please. I will pay you in Kitty pictures. 🙂

You should be eating “a lot”–you ran 17 miles, girl!! 😛

Scary dog attack! Thanks goodness for that nice dude!

Just in the last year, I’ve switched to only padded sports bras. I used to wear baggy cotton workout shirts, but after starting running, I bought a lot more fitted sweat-wicking shirts. I needed padding if you were going to actually see what was going on under there. I’ve tried Lulu, Brooks and Handful padded bras. I think the Handful ones are my favorite.

Handful? Carla just mentioned those too. I’ve never heard of them. I’m off to check them out! Thanks! I need some serious padding!!!! (Just between you and me of course. Ha.)

Lisa says:

Wow you are crazy busy woman! I’m tired reading about your day 😉 You deserve a break for sure! I understand trying to do everything, sometimes after a while it just gets too crazy! Spend time with your family, they make everything better right 🙂 Have a great Monday!xo

Dang, you have had a lot going on these days! I hear ya on having to say some things are just too much. Between work, school, kids, house, husband time, family time and well me time…the time seems to go too fast. Tony and I always wish we didn’t require sleep. Unfortunately, we do. We just got home last night and dang Tony and I were not functioning at all. We went to bed at 9:30 to try to get ready for a crazy week. I hope you got some rest.

Um, I’m a sucker for the workout videos! I love them!

Oh man- YOU have a lot going on too. I can’t wait to hear about your trip. Time does go too fast. I wish there was a couple extra hours each day. 🙂 Hope your week is off to a great start. 🙂