Weekend Snapshots and a Smoothie

Well, like I said in yesterday’s post, I took a boatload of pictures this past weekend and told quite a few people that are in them that I wouldn’t post them on here. I had intended on asking them yesterday, but the day was crazy and I didn’t quite get to it. I did manage to ask Andrew really quickly if I could post pictures from a wedding we went to. He gave me the okay so we’ll just count that for everyone. Ha ha!

I’m always torn whether or not to keep things strictly bloggy blog (you like that?) or include my non-blog friends on here. They’re such a big part of my life, but I’m not sure if they want to be “exposed”. My family, well, they don’t get a choice. Whether they like it or not they’re on here (luckily they don’t read it, so they don’t even know half the time).

Without further due (and STUFT Daddy’s permission), here’s a little rundown of the weekend.

Warning- there are a lot of pictures of me. Bleh.

An “after” picture from my 19 mile run after work on Friday. (The Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon is just six short weeks away. Yikes!)

The best chocolate milk ever.

A special Vitatop delivery.

Friday night date night (his and hers) courtesy of Trader Joe’s.

Yummy cheap wine (again courtesy of Trader Joe’s).

Some new Handful sports bras.

That’s right, I no longer will have to wear my 5 year old, stinky, pre-pregnancy, stretched out bras. Yippee!

Um, yes please.

STUFT boot camp with some pretty amazing ladies.

(You like that leaf shadow right on my forehead? That’s pretty cool.)

A “go go gadget arm” while sporting my Halo headband and new bra.

A dear friend’s wedding. (Can you find STUFT Daddy?)

Quality time with each other

and good friends.

I’m not going to name any names, but there may have been a real life wedding crasher at the party. Pretty funny huh? I was also told at the wedding that I look like Tina Turner. I get that a lot. Ha ha. Random.

An early Saturday night bedtime (and a clock that desperately needs to be cleaned).

An early morning treadmill run.

A lesson on how to make espresso.

Some experimenting in the kitchen.

(Recipes are for tomorrow’s post.)

A quick trip to stock up on some sale items at Vons. I found this new So Delicious find

and some spring weekend necessities.

These are going to last us awhile. The carrier pack is such a great deal sometimes. I didn’t spend more than  $7 on any of those bottles of wine and my favorite wine was only $6.39 (that’s $.60 cheaper than Costco). Yep, that’s how we do it over here.

And finally, the weekend concluded with some fun in the tub.

Phew. That was a lot wasn’t it?

Now for the smoothie. I made up this one based on my favorite drink from Starbucks.

Protein Green Tea Smoothie with a Kick

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

I serving matcha green tea powder

1-3 teaspoons of instant espresso

2 tablespoons sugar free vanilla syrup

1 1/2 cups milk of choice (I used a mix of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and vanilla soy milk)

1 cup crushed ice

Mmm….. almost as good as Starbucks (especially when I drink out of this cup).

Have a great Tuesday!

Comments

Mollie says:

you looked so gorgeous at the wedding! I loved your dress! Also, I might be way off, but just from the couple pictures you put up the bride reminds me of one of the Top Chef judges, Gail Simmons….so gorgeous!

I love your dress from the wedding, can’t wait for the recipes tomorrow.

You look so pretty all cleaned up! :)

Let me know how you like those sports bras – have you bought them before? I need some new ones and everything I see in the sports stores seems to be geared toward the super-duper-support-needed ladies.

Jessica says:

Do you watch Top Chef? Your bride friend looks like the twin sister of Gail Simmons!! Google her.
    Love the pink sports bra and the dress you wore to the wedding. Where did you get it?

Mollie says:

i made that exact same comment!

Jessica- I don’t, but now I have to because you’re not the only one who said that. :) I have to check it out! :) Sports bra I ordered online. The dress was at TJ Maxx. I got lucky because I just grabbed it without trying it on or anything. He he! :)

Loved all the pictures – and you looked gorgeous at the wedding! I really need to look into those sports bras. In need of new ones.

Melissa says:

Well, you look fantastic, but much better than Tina Turner! ;) What the what????

Love the boys’ mohawks in the tub. Too cute!

Amy Zirkle says:

Not Tina Turner — well maybe your arms ;) you are beautiful in the pics and LOVE the dress!!! Hope all is well – I’ve been crazy busy with work but read you daily!!!! Oh and ditto for the Gail Simmons look a-like bride – and thanks for reminder to order more vita tops!!!! be well – amy

Oh thanks Amy. Dress was a TJ Maxx off the rack without trying on purchase. I got lucky. Yes- order more vitatops! I think there’s a coupon going around right now! :)

Jody says:

Love love love all the pictures you posted. I vote for more people pictures on the blog! The food is always good but it’s so fun to see pictures!

LOVE the pictures! My favorite kind of post! And you look so pretty in that dress!

I think I need to convince my sister to head to your boot camp sometime. Serious.

Francine Morey says:

Fun pics Kristin!!! And I have the same dress! Could have let you borrow it…. ha! I found mine at good ole Marshalls.

lindsay says:

i need that bra, i need that new milk with PROTEIN, I need you and good conversation with that bottle of wine. heehee.

Anna W. says:

I also NEED that bra! You look so pretty all dressed up….not sure about Tina Turner (??), but beautiful, fo sho! Can’t wait for new recipes!!!!!!

You need to let us all in what you think of the Handful bras! Why are finding good ones such a pain??

Thanks for the tip about the So Delicious Almond Milk. I didn’t know they made that! I’m on the lookout now.

BTW – love the dress from the wedding! It’s fun to see what others look like in “real life.”

I know, finding good sports bras is such a chore. :) Will keep you posted on them for sure. :) Hoping to do a good post on them soon. :) I agree- so fun to see what others look like in “real life”. :)

Brandi says:

You’re awesome! I get tired just reading your posts! :) I have seen that almond plus at the super market and debated whether to get some. Looks like a must try!

Brandi- I got it because it was on sale. I haven’t tried it yet, but am hoping it’s as good as it looks! :) One thing I dislike about almond milk is that it doesn’t have any protein. :)

Lisa says:

You look so pretty at the wedding! Sounds like a busy weekend. I love picture posts. And wahoo for wine over the weekend! A great weekend treat always :)

Pretty, pretty pictures. Your hair is looking good. Did you dye it recently?

Super fun photos and such the variety….loved that! You and Mr. STuFT looked great at the wedding. I think I need to go to a wedding to get all dressed up and “bring back that Lovin’ feeling”…maybe I need to do a little wedding crashing? ;-)

Guess what? Just bought a new bra over the weekend too…it was too much but sooo supportive during our half over the weekend…and I too had about 5-10 year old, stretched out, saggy things that I put directly in the donation box….now I just need to get my some of the Handful Bras I think.

Kathy- Isn’t it such a treat getting a new bra? And.. it’s so hard to find the perfect one! :) All my “regular” bras are sooooo worn out and gross. Ugh.
      Thanks for the nice commetns about the wedding. I can’t remember the last time we went to a wedding or got dressed up for anything. It was fun. I think you should definitely try a little wedding crashing. He he!

Carolyn says:

The wedding pics are gorgeous. Love the one of you and Andrew, you guys look awesome together! I am so jealous of all your yummy eats. Can you please come to my house and make that for me?:). Especially the chocolate milk and smoothie from “Starbucks”. Hope you are having a good week, nice work on the 19 miler. I seriously don’t know where you find the time to do all this! Your incredible.

You look beautiful (as always)! Looks like a great weekend with some pretty stylish hair from the boys! Love it. Tell me about the bras! I need details on comfort!

There are so many awesome things about this post. I hope I mention them all:
    1. You look entirely too pretty and collected after a 19 mile run =)
    2. Cheap wines are our favorite too.
    3. Wedding looks beautiful !!
    4. Do you not watch tv when you run on the treadmill? I HAVE to otherwise I go stir crazy. I keep the volume off but the captions on while I listen to music. It’s a wonder I don’t fall off the treadmill. HA

I feel the same way about including friends in my posts…it’s an awkward subject to broach so I often just don’t include them…but I want to =)

I know, the friend thing is so awkward. And…… it’s awkward when hanging out with friends and you DON’T want to tlak about the blog. :)
      1. Don’t be fooled- I was a sweaty mess.
      2. Nothing beats cheap wine. I can’t remember the last time I spent over $8 on a bottle.
      3. It was awesome!
      4. I HAVE to watch TV on the treadmill too. I usually have a movie to watch or of I’m at the gym I try to time it to catch Access Hollywood. LOL. TV and music- you’re a multitasker. :)

Bridget says:

Yes!! Include your non-blog friends in your blog!!!! Of course! (but NOT me!!! – everyone else!! ha ha) You look beautiful at the wedding! I bet you did your make-up in the car!!!

Amy says:

looks like an awesome weekend!! i want your arms so bad i gotta hit the gym harder haha. oh btw, when you tweeted a pic of that chocolate milk i totally pinned it hah…it sounds SO good! and def gonna have to look for that almond plus..thats awesome

Oh that chocolate milk is a keeper. You just reminded me I still haven’t opened my Almond Plus yet. :) You can borrow my stroller and my boys for a good upper body workout. LOL.

Miz says:

YAY YAY YAY YAY for the HANDFUL BRA :-)

xo

I can’t thank you enough for telling me about these. I emailed them and told them that you recommended them. :) I’m pretty sure you (and the bras) have changed my life. :)

Amy says:

Like everyone else, I’m curious about the bras, too. You would not believe me if I told you how long I’ve had some of mine!

You look so pretty at the wedding..it is different to see you not in workout clothes ;) This is random, but I love your lipstick you are wearing. Brand? Color?

I love all the pics!

I love the bras so far. Will be sure to write an update and little review. :) It’s so weird to not be wearing workout clothes. LOL. I forgot how to try to look nice for the wedding. Lipstick- Estee Lauder lip pencil in chestnut and lipstick Estee Lauder in quiet nude. I don’t think they sell that one anymore. :) I’m not evne going to tell you how old they both are though. I’m lucky I didn’t break out in a rash. LOL.

1. [...] got enough sugar free syrups and wine here to last AWHILE. Those darn 6 pack carriers get me every [...]

2. [...] this almond milk plus protein I bought the other [...]

3. [...] various Lululemon tops, my Handful sports bra (and the extra set of inserts) and my CEP compression socks. Don’t worry- I had some pants and [...]

4. [...] ran the whole thing with my iPhone in my Handful sports bra. Something has to fill that thing [...]

5. [...] no, I wasn’t wearing my Handful sports bra pads because they were dirty darn it (yes, all 4 [...]

6. [...] outfit: Lorna Jane top and running shorts, Handful sports bra, Reebok CrossFit headband, my Spanx, black Pro Compression socks, custom Reebok nano [...]

7. [...] professed my love for my Handful sports bra (actually, bras, pads, tanks, etc.) time and time again. I LOVE [...]

8. [...] still time to enter the DAY 3 giveaway to win a Handful sports bra or Handful [...]

9. [...] I was (and still am) wearing the same Handful sports bra and Mizuno Meridian shorts I wore [...]