Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Plan B- WIAW

Plan B- WIAW

Good morning. This post is going to be Hangover style (you know, like the movie). I’ll show you how last night looked and then explain (or rather let the boys explain).

I was supposed to be writing this amazing post with some new recipes I create using my favorite Coach’s Oats multigrain pancake mix, but instead my “Plan B” night looked a little like this.

A little huge broccoli slaw BBQ bake with my newest version of kale chips

consumed on the couch

with a Newton’s Folly cider that I found at Trader Joe’s

while watching a little Bethenny.

It was followed by a new Vitalicious mini vitacake topped with some Artisana cocoa bliss and a Trader Joe’s Soy Creamy sandwich

and an 11 pm bedtime.

I’ll let the boys explain how it all started.

Video notes-

These guys think they’re pretty funny.

Both Kitty and Nala make short cameos.

Check out the cool yoga moves at the end.

Yeah, we think we’re funny! 🙂 Mommy does too doesn’t she?

So……. the hour and a half that I usually have in the afternoon to try to get a grip and get a few things done didn’t happened yesterday. (God help me if it doesn’t happen today either.) I was really looking forward to it too after teaching a few classes and a little trip to Costco.

Oh well.

Plan B took action.

Thank you Sesame Street for entertaining these guys for 50 minutes.

I got desperate and made an iced mocha.

Lovely.

I also scarfed down my lunch.

Pumpkin protein cookie dough (with some chia seeds mixed in there) topped with some peanut butter and NuttZo with a side of strawberries.

Then I had a brilliant idea to take not only the boys on a run, but Turk too.

We were off to a pretty good start

for about five minutes until the first hill.

It took about a mile and a half (a very slow mile and a half) to get to this point.

Yeah. I thought pushing a 100+ pound double stroller was hard. Having to pull a 90 pound dog in addition was not fun. It was a long trip back home

and an even longer couple of hours once we got there.

Oh yes. It was a little rough.

And now, instead of having an extra 30 minutes to get this post published properly and return a few emails, these guys just walked in.

Yes, that’s right, got out of their cribs (again) and walked in.

Holy cow friends. I’m in trouble.

I’m going to link this up over on my friend Jenn’s blog for

so here are some other food items that were consumed yesterday.

A sweet treat breakfast sandwich (with a mocha) for breakfast

and a Clif Mojo Chocolate Almond Coconut bar (my new favorite) in between my classes mid-morning.

Really quick before I go, since we’re talking “plan B” and all, I got an email yesterday that I didn’t make the Nuun Hood to Coast relay team. Congrats to all the amazing ladies who did!

I’m not going to pretend like I’m not a little disappointed, but that just means I’ll try again next year. I think sometimes we grow the most from things that don’t happen easily, right?

I’m just going to focus my energy on other things (like the two half marathons I have coming up the next two weekends and the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon just 5 1/2 weeks away).

Or maybe I need to go buy a video camera to make myself feel better and make some more YouTube videos. Retail therapy anyone? He he.

Also, after reading your comments on yesterday’s post with all the pictures, I’m going to try to incorporate more of those in the blog. Posts like that are more fun to write anyway. Who needs to see just a bunch of pictures of green food and broccoli slaw all the time? Boring. I better warn my non-blog friends. Ha!

Okay, I’m off to tackle the day and a few more training miles.

See you tomorrow with some fun recipes (hopefully).

Random question- I get emails asking about my workout routine. I like reading what other people do as their workouts, but that’s not something you’d want to see on a daily basis is it?

Comments

Bridget says:

Now that you know my little buddies can escape their cribs you must take action – they will hurt themselves! What we did: nail a piece of plywood (from the backyard) about 2 inches from the top of the crib, so they can’t climb out. Or could put them in big boy bed and get a lock for the door (have never tried that with 2 kids in the room!) Or you could just leave the railing down on the crib. Good luck!!!

Oh Bridget- we need more than luck. I like the plywood idea. LOL. It’s dangerous in there and the two of them together. Oh man. I need some Hershey’s Special Dark.

Have you ever tried mixing cider with a regular beer? It’s called a Shandy… I recently discovered a love for them.

P.S. Those Nunn people are crazy. 😉

OMG…Flat kitty has some hair on its back! I bet its so soft to pet…haha! Now I have to go back and read the rest of your post…I couldn’t get past that photo the first time.

So glad Kitty has a wonderful family like yours who love her. She is a her right? 😉

Kathy- Flat Kitty is just the cutout of realy Kitty who is a BOY!!! 🙂 I know, he looks like a girl with the boobs and all. LOL. 🙂 He is pretty soft though.

Your kale and broccoli slaw bowl looks great. I actually tried it and now am obsessed. I have bought broccoli slaw the last two times I have been to the store. I like your posts the way they are but I always get inspiration from fit , healthy individuals like you. Maybe do a post about it only a couple times a week?

Good idea about doing it a couple times a week. I haven’t written it because it’s my job and it’s a lot so I don’t want to make people feel like they should workout that much, you know? 🙂 Um, yeah, broccoli slaw pretty much rocks the house!!!!! LOVE IT!

Megan S. says:

I’d be interested to see your eats for a day when you’re teaching classes and also when you’re not

Oh…… good idea. I actually eat a lot even on the days I don’t teach a million classes. Maybe I shoudl cut back on those days. LOL. 🙂 My eating does change though when I’m not training for a race. 🙂

OK…I just read the rest of the post and watched your video of the kids….You had quite the day! Why wouldn’t the 90-pound dog NOT want to run up the hill with you? ha! Maybe its hard to keep up with you??? just saying…you are majorly fit and a go, go, go….Way to go by the way!

;–)

He used to like the hills. That was before boys though and the stroller though. 🙂 I guess we both used to like the hills then compared to now. Ha!

That Newton’s Folly stuff is pretty good! I was psyched to have found it at TJs 🙂

Melissa says:

I have GOT to get my hands on that flavor of Mojo bar–right up my alley!

Good luck with your little monkeys! This is why I have a dog. And she sleeps in a crate. 🙂

Melissa- Yes you do! Run to the store and get one. They are amazing! 🙂 Trader Joe’s has the best price. 🙂 Let’s trade my “monkeys” for your dog for just one day. 🙂 Or maybe I should just try a crate?

I would actually love to read about your daily workouts! It’s fun seeing what other people do each day as far as activity goes, I get a lot of workout ideas and inspirations from blogs that do this! : )

Danica- I do too, but sometimes I don’t like reading every single detail, you know? 🙂 I’ll try to write it in here a little more. 🙂 I just feel weird since it’s my job and it’s a lot. 🙂

• I completely understand what you mean, plus when it’s your job that will make things a lot different too…Just do whatever you want to do! I already love you blog so I’m sure I’ll love it no matter what you decide to share or not share 🙂

Beth Petrassi says:

I love reading all your posts – so whatever you post I am excited to read. For me I NEED to see that being fit is a choice and not always easy for anyone… I get in ruts where I think that fit people are just genetically fit and the rest of us don’t stand a chance. If you ever want a dog to run with that will give you a PUSH (vs pulling) take my Border Collie/Lab mix – she won’t slow down!! I can’t keep up with her – we have to do the fetch thing so she sleeps at night. My Chihuahua is more my running speed and distance 🙂
    Love videos of the boys – they are pretty cute. But oh the adventures when they can’t be contained in a cage – I mean a crib. hehehe

Today wasn’t any easier with the boys. Ugh. And….. i pretty much had to crawl on the treadmill on the gym because I wasn’t very motivated today. I just had to remember how good it would feel once I was done (and have some good TV to watch). 🙂 Let’s trade dogs just for one walk/jog. 🙂

Oh Kristin, the kids AND the dog? You know I could look at pictures of green foods and hear about how you get your killer arms all day long so clearly I have no valuable blog suggestions… 😉

Lisa says:

Oh goodness! Sounds like you had quite a handful! I would love to read more about you workout routine, I like reading about other people’s and all of your food of course looks delicious! Good luck with the boys today! Hopefully they will want to take a nap this time, and not get out of their crib!

Lisa- they napped after a really LONG struggle of getting out/getting in/opening the door/etc. 🙂 Will try to include more workout stuff on here. 🙂

Good luck with naptime! I’m dreading that day when my two figure out how to escape. When it comes, I will be hooked up to a Mocha IV all day!

I sometimes get the brainiac idea to take my dog running while pushing the double. It never works. Although I do get a mean strength training workout just pulling him with one arm and pushing the stroller with the other!

I love the video of the boys!

Uh oh…I see lots of trouble! You have your hands full my friend! They are too cute to get mad at though. That’s the problem with having cute kids!!!

Oh my gosh- they are too cute! You DO have your hands full. 😀 I would actually like hearing about your workouts! I love reading things like that, plus if it can get me one step closer to having your arms……I’m all for it. 😉

Alexandra says:

I’d like to hear about your work out routines- especially see your half marathon training plans! 🙂
    As a general comment: I really like when you post about how things didn’t always go as planned- its nice to know not everybody is perfect, that others procrastinate (you- taxes; me- tomorrow’s exam) and that sometime we just have to make do. Or pull an all nighter. Or eat some dark chocolate sauce with banana, (or by itself…)

Alexandra- thanks for saying that. Things rarely go as planned, so it makes me feel better that you like hearing about it. Ha! Hope your exam went well. 🙂

Holly says:

We’re all here and we’re all voyeurs – you’re doing a good job. Personally, I also like to read about what you ate and what you did for your workouts. It makes me chuckle to read about your mishaps with your furry critters, as well as your human critters. You seem to take it all in stride, and you’re obviously gettin’ the job done because your arms are ripped. For the record, I’ve eaten a just-slightly-adapted version of your protein cookie dough EVERY SINGLE DAY for breakfast since the first day I tried it. Love it. Wait…was it supposed to be bfast? 🙂

so funny!!! i don’t have kids yet and i can’t imagine having twins! ah superstar momma!

Joy says:

Wow! What a day. I love all the photos, and the video. To even try and run with two kids and a dog seems super ambitious and it’s so impressive that you got as far as you did.

My local TJ’s doesn’t have that flavor Mojo bar! Ugh! I’ll have to hunt one down somewhere else because that flavor sounds right up my alley.

Sara says:

I just love your arms. So buff and strong 🙂 I don’t think I’d want to read about your workout routine every day, but sometimes it would be nice. You are such a rock star, Kristin!

1. […] It started a little something like this. […]