At a Glance

Yesterday was long. Too long. Hopefully (for you) this post will be short.

Here’s a glance at yesterday.

Miles driven back and forth for multiple trips to the gym- 90

Total classes taught at the gym- 6

Bags of broccoli slaw purchased from Trader Joe’s because I thought I was out- 3

Bags of broccoli slaw sitting at home in the fridge that I didn’t remember were there- 5

Times I told Joaquin in a very stern voice “do not touch the hose”- at least 20

Times Joaquin looked at me, waited until I walked back inside and turned it on anyway- at least 20

Chicken hot dogs chewed up and spit out in Turk’s water (again by Joaquin)- 1

Batch of Green Chia Cookie Monster Dough Dip made and consumed- 1

Emails/comments that I should’ve responded to- 50ish

Emails/comments I actually responded to- maybe 3

Times I felt like I wanted to pull my hair out- I lost count

Extra minutes spent cuddling even after the following statements “Mommy sweaty and need shower” (Judah), “bite me” (Joaquin)- 5

Zits found on my face once I finally got to take a shower and look in the mirror at 9 pm- 3

Random hairs found on my upper lip after poking at blemishes- I lost count

Seconds it took to shave my moustache with my Finishing Touch razor- 20

Minutes this roasted broccoli slaw stayed in the oven a little too long- I’d say about 5

Times I’ve promised I’m not going to mention broccoli slaw or show you pictures of it- a billion

Times I keep showing pictures of it anyway- a billion

Amount of crushed red pepper on my roasted broccoli slaw (with chicken, fresh basil, marinara and leftover cheese less veggie pizza)- not enough

Time spent starting at Dancing With the Stars when I should’ve been getting work done- 40 minutes

Times I really felt like eating a jar of chocolate frosting with a spoon while sitting on the couch exhausted- 3 or so

Calories in this “frosting” that came to my rescue at 10 pm- 30

Minutes it took to make this “frosting”- 2

The amount of calories saved by eating this frosting instead of consuming spoonful after spoonful from a jar- hundreds

Crappy pictures taken (but that I’m going to use anyway because I’ve given up on trying to make this a classy food blog)- 5

Dark Chocolate Frosting

(30-35 calories or so depending on the milk you use)

2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder)

1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup

1 tablespoon milk of choice (I used light vanilla soymilk)

Yep.

This stuff saved my night. It’s a modified of my STUFT Dark Chocolate Sauce that I already mentioned last week, but I needed to give it a little more attention.

It’s the perfect dark chocolate fix to handle those late at night craving.

Vitalicious Vitacakes (50 calories each) consumed with this frosting last night- 2.

Servings of Katie’s ice cream to accompany the deliciousness- 2

Months since those sprinkles have expired- 15

Minutes I though I’d have to get a couple things done this morning- 40 or so

Minutes I now have because I hear the boys “escaping”– 0

Lovely.

If I owe you an email or comment, don’t give up on me. I’ll get there sometime.

Meanwhile, try this frosting and leave me a comment on my last post if you want a chance for a $1 off SunButter coupon.

This frosting might just make up for my lack of being a good friend (just a little).

Have a good one!

Comments

Hey, it was a short(er) post…I need to buy me some broccoli slaw I think….

In one of your spare moments…ha! Will you read my post today and tell me what you think? 😉

i think you need a few deep breaths somewhere in there too… 😉 i hope today is better! i already love your chocolate sauce, so i’m sure i’ll love this frosting!

Any time I need a laugh I’m just going to come read your blog. I <3 you. And I serious doubt sprinkles ever really expire. 😉

You are funny! Just know I read your blog everyday because I learn so much about what’s going on in your life because I haven’t seen you in forever!! Miss you friend! Some day we will do that lunch :)!

Times i laughed throughout reading this post: countless. 😉

Hope today is a little less hectic for ya!

Oh good Kristi. I had a random thought as I was driving today and asked myself if I really mentioned my moustache. Ha ha. That might have been something worth leaving out. 🙂

This sounds so familiar. I had to go to the school yesterday and empty out Max’s bookbag looking for math work he seems to not want to turn in. I won’t mention the number of times I had to hold in my extreme anger at his lack of motivation to do anything!!! Parenthood is definitely interesting! It’s a good thing they’re so cute!!!

Oh Sarena- I think of you all the time because I know it’s just going to get harder. I have a feeling you’ll be getting more and more emails/texts from me. Not turning in completed work? Oh Max…. 🙂

Mmmm…frosting! Hope you can sneak away for a moment to yourself today. 🙂

Annie says:

I am SOOOO going to try that frosting for tonight’s dessert!

Francine Morey says:

Either Joaquin has to go in a time out for turning on the hose or the hose can go in a time out. But you’ll know when you have had enough when you want to do that. It sounds like you have had enough. And the boys are old enough for timeouts. It’s a minute for every age a child is. I have a few good books about it. My kids always stared at me weird when I said an inanimate object had to go in timeout because they were fighting over it or whatever, but it worked. A hose is harder to take away to a timeout place, but just try it and say, “The hose can’t stop from being turned on so it’s in timeout, and then you are next to be in a timeout if you bother the hose!”

Amy says:

great frosting recipe!! it seriously looks like frosting…definitely trying it!! not that i have anything to put it on…ill prob just eat it as is hah

I’m eating it with green chia cookie dough dip right now. I think it could go on a lot of different things though. Mix it with PB, whatever. He he!

six classes!?!? I’m exhausted just thinking about that! I hope you get some rest today!

OMG. Look at all that crushed red pepper… no wonder you run so FAST.

I have a mustache too!!!! 😉

Oh gosh- sounds like QUITE the day! You’re a supermom and superwoman, too. 🙂 I love broccoli slaw, having it for dinner tonight with a chopped up chicken sausage, some BBQ sauce, and mozzerella cheese melted on top. 😀 (sorry to tease you with the dairy!) And now I think I might be trying this frosting for dessert on top of a protein muffin!

I need to do a recap like this. I actually did something sort of similar on our vacation last year – miles run, number of flights taken (we take stairs vs elevator most of the time), that sort of thing. And that’s a lot of classes to be teaching. I don’t know how you were up at 9 pm. And I always buy things that I just know I’m out of but am never out of b/c I’m OCD like that.

Is it weird that I wanted to invite you over last night so we could trash talk the Bachelorette together? I didn’t get to watch it yet. 🙂

I have the same habit with seed/nut butters – I always think we are running low so I buy at least 2 jars when I’m at the store. Granted we go through a LOT but the pantry is seriously stocked so I don’t think there will ever be a day when there isn’t any (God forbid!).

Broccoli slaw is on tap for dinner tonight! Love it!

Lisa says:

You are so busy my dear friend! Don’t you dare worry about all the silly things you have to do, family is the most important, most definitely. And I absolutely love your broccoli slaw pictures, because I am also obsessed. And also don’t think your pictures are bad at all 🙂 Mmm chocolate sauce looks delicious! I hope your day runs more smoothly today!!

Well Lisa you are just too darn nice. The only reason my pictures are somewhat okay looking is my expensive camera that I can’t afford. Ha ha.

lindsay says:

number times i laughed and can could relate to this post… i lost count. Especially the hairs on the lip. haha.
    Love you friend, get some rest. I’ll come babysit!

Umm THANK YOU for that frosting recipe! It looks great.

That’s a lot of trips to the gym with twins! You must have been subbing some of those classes. Otherwise I would say that is crazy!!! But you do what you gotta do. Need to try that frosting!

The boys only went with me for my first two classes. 🙂 They get to stay home and play blocks with grandma for my long night at the gym. 🙂 I couldn’t do that to them. Let me know if you try the frosting. 🙂 I’m a little addicted right now. He he.

Sasha says:

Whoa – your 1 day schedule makes my head want to spin off of my body. Just your first point of 90 miles driven and 6 classes in 1 day?! That would just about be enough for me and that was just *part* of your day. Impressive Kristin, impressive. You’re a rockstar for staying on top of everything! Big up to you, my friend. 🙂 For reals.

Carly says:

For Katie’s ice cream do you follow the recipe exactly? Like do you add the coconut butter/oil?

Annie says:

I finally tried your frosting recipe this evening. MMM – and it made so much!!!

Kady the Red Panda says:

I tried this tonight. I didn’t have syrup so I used honey. I also added a couple of packets of Splenda because I was in the mood for something sightly sweeter. It is slightly more caloric, but otherwise the results were divine. It satisfied my chocolate craving, that’s for sure. 🙂

Lindsey Dishman says:

Oh gosh this stuff is amazing! I had planned on dipping apple slices in it but I after I finished taste testing there was none left for the apple 🙂

1. Freezing It says:

[…] this dark chocolate frosting AND this low calorie peanut butter […]

2. […] some dark chocolate frosting and PB Crave peanut butter somewhere in the mess […]

3. […] layer one- dark chocolate frosting  […]

4. […] on anything and everything. Its healthy frosting though so it totally ok! I love this frosting, but I dont usually have sugar free maple syrup so I whipped up my own. I also dont buy the PB2 […]