Weekend Brilliance

I’m sure quite a few people may argue, but sometimes I think I have some brilliant ideas. On the other hand, I also admit I have some ideas that really are not the best. I think this past weekend was a toss up with a few of them.

There were a lot of last minute decisions and discoveries that really could go either way.

I’m not sure, but thought I’d share anyway.

Warning- Photo dump coming your way.

(Thank you to Lindsay for using that term a couple weeks ago on her blog. I love it and am using it.)

Friday night.

Friday night are our “date nights”. STUFT Daddy and I don’t get a lot of time together during the week to sit down and chat and have dinner together because our schedules are so crazy. I had planned on making a really yummy dinner.

However, after my last long run and a little “coloring” of STUFT Daddy’s desk

I got lazy and we made a last minutes decision to order some high class pizza.

This is how I do up my veggie pizza (just in case you care).

I like to load it up with lots of nutritional yeast and crushed red pepper. And yeah, I ate 4 pieces. Brilliant, yes?

Something else that was brilliant was finally trying out some compression socks.

I’ve never used them before and was sent these recently. They are supposed to help with muscle recovery and they might just be my new thing.

I not only slept in them, wore them to boot camp the next morning, but I even sported them to Target for an emergency trip to get diapers (along with my silly STUFT mama shirt).

Nerd alert.

After finding way more than we needed at Target, we got home to discover that we still had 1/2 a pack of diapers hiding in a different drawer. I hate that.

I was also caught at a weak moment and got suckered into buying these “whistles”.

Then I had the “brilliant” idea to open them in the car for the ride home.

Yeah and I wonder why people don’t want to ride with me?

You know what else? I had to talk these guys into buying these Muppet Band-Aids instead of some car ones. How in the heck could they want cars instead of Muppets? That’s just not right.

I mentioned we found things we didn’t “need” at Target. We may have run out of cat litter that very same day after we got home, but we will definitely not be running out of these STUFT staples anytime soon.

IMG_0641IMG_0642IMG_0644

(All Whites Egg Whites, Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and Soy Slender Vanilla Soymilk.)

Please tell me I’m not the only one who stocks up on these things.

Let’s see- what else? I got to spend some time with my dear college friends Saturday night. I didn’t subject them to any picture taking, but had the best time just hanging out and catching up with my girls. Love them!

Sunday after a mean green French toast breakfast (prepared like basic baked French toast)

and church, we took a little detour to the local street fair.

Our street fair trip was a quick one and I had to dodge quite a few people with the stroller,

but there were a few highlights.

The first thing we found were these cool sock monkeys.

We also found our beloved Scotty B’s hot sauces and got to meet Scotty himself.

I lost Judah about halfway through our trip,

but that didn’t stop me from having to stop at this stand.

Ever since my friend gave me this glass straw, I’ve been a little obsessed.

Naturally I had to chat up the nice people at Simply Straws to see what other straws I might “need”.

Despite what these guys thought,

I’d say our trip was pretty successful.

See?

IMG_1821IMG_0657IMG_0654

Um, yeah, I just might be that lady sporting my own favorite hot sauce and glass straws to restaurants.

Brilliant.

You know what else was brilliant?

Last night my crumbly cauliflower pizza crust was a little prettier than normal.

Although just as crumbly.

And….

I took this dark chocolate frosting and froze it in between some wax paper.

It made a nice little frozen fake chocolate bar.

I cut it up and mixed it with Katie’s ice cream so I had some healthy chocolate chunk ice cream.

I know. Brilliant.

Before I go, the winner of the Aerobie Flying Ring is Lindsay. yay! Your nephew is going to be so excited! Email your information to me (again) and I’ll pass it along! Yippee!

Have a good one friends. Hope you had a great family filled weekend.

Oh sure, NOW they like the Muppets.

Comments

Oh my gosh both dinner and dessert look amazing. I love those straws and have been dying to get one but I can’t find them around me, soon enough. And what I see there is hot sauce heaven. Yum!

Susan says:

I came across your blog a few days ago…and just want to let you know how much I love it. You’ve got me all inspired with new food ideas. I am a working mom of two little girls and a fitness junkie, and am constantly trying to ‘find the balance’. I’ll be reading!

Susan- So glad you came across this craziness. :) You go lady for being a working mom of tw ogirls and a fitness junkie. :) It’s so hard to try to do it all. At least we’re in it together, yes? Have a great day!

You are a brave women buying them recorders!

I love seeing how much stuff people with families buy… I thought “OMG that is so much STUFF!” but then remembered 4 mouths eat a lot more than 1. :)

Vanessa G says:

Yum to the Papa Johns pizza. I want a slice now!! I’ve not had it in a long time. I want to make every recipe you posted. I hope you give us an update on the compression socks. I really want to buy some, but just unsure if they truely help. I went to the store yesterday and saw broccoli slaw. I of course thought of you!! I love your little boys!! I’d love to read a whole post about them. They’re adorable!! U r blessed.

That ice cream looks SO GOOD! And I LOVE my compression sleeves. My calves get really tight when I run a lot so I sleep in them all the time!

Oh I love my CEP socks too. I like those and my Zensah calf sleeves – compression rocks!! I still love your Stuft Mama shirt – I really want to get some done for BWV for running & races. Where did you get yours?

You are definitely not the only one that stocks up on that stuff! In fact, I have to make an emergency trip now to get egg whites!!! Looks like you had a great weekend! I hope it turns out to be a great week!

That chocolate frosting is BRILLIANT!!! I finally made some and it is sitting in my freezer at this moment. I tweaked it a little bit because I don’t like splenda, but didn’t want all the sugar from regular syrup, and it tastes great! It will be a lifesaver when I am out of chocolate. I am also a compression sleeve junkie – I wear them all the time. They are the best!

You sure know how to rock those bright pink socks! ;) And I wish I could find those cool straws around here. I’ve never seen bent ones before. Love it! I’ve also tried a similar dark chocolate sauce and froze it. I like to put it on warm oats so it gets all melty and chocolatey. But choco chunk ice cream? Definitely BRILLIANT and I must try that!

Amy Zirkle says:

What a fun weekend! I’m loving those socks – wait until your “boyfriend” sees them. I am reading his book now by the way — it’s filled with lots of sensible and useful advice and some pretty damn good looking recipes :) . The glass straws look beautiful, but I fear they would fall and break in my house or get cracked in some drawer – do tell….how do you keep them safe? take care!
    Amy

I just got his book too! OH, I never thought to wear the socks to one of my workouts. Great idea Amy. They might just impress him. Ha ha. Hope you had a great weekend! Um and yeah, we’ll see how long the straws last. :) There’s a lifetime guarantee though. :)

What a great weekend – I love the glass straws!

I’m a total nerd about wearing my CEP compression socks and sleeves all the time. I don’t care! They just feel sooooo good.

OMG, Papa John’s! I haven’t had that since college. I can thank Papa for helping me put on the freshman 25 (and bagels and beer, too!).

Recorders are evil. Pure evil :) I think I would rather a drum set in the house!

Nice hot sauce purchase! At dinner the other night Andrew asked me if I knew anyone who had a hot sauce collection that could rival ours. I asked if blog friends counted because you win hands down!

OMG. You at Target with your StuftMama shirt and pink compression socks = MAJOR nerd alert. But you know I mean it in the best way ;)
    P.S.- I have noticed on Twitter that you have been watching some Gossip Girl. This makes me happy.

I know, right? I almost sported slippers with the socks too. I knew you would be in on the Gossip Girl thing. Too bad I’m a couple seasons behind. :)

Love my compression socks!!! I have had 3 ..yes 3!…varicose vein surgeries and my legs always kind of throb so when I read about these socks I had to try them…WALLA! LOVE! I wear them all the time and swear by them….although, I don’t know how hot they will be in the summer….I may have to use them for recovery only in the A/C.

Way to go on the recorders….I would NEVER buy one…my kids bring them home from school some times and talk about annoying…wow!

;-)

Kathy- I need to figre out exactly how to use the compression socks. I haven’t run in them yet, but used them recovery. I don’t know how much they helped yet. Don’t think I’ll be running in them anytime soon in the summer. ::) Glad they work for you and your legs!!!!

That is soooo my kind of pizza. Love jalapenos on there. MMMM and I love the photo dump posts. Looks like you had such a great weekend.

Lisa says:

Precious! How cute are they with their little monkeys! I was obsessed with those beanie babies when I was a kid, I seriously had waaay too many of those. I’m kind of jealous that the kiddos get to wear muppet bandaids when they hurt themselves. I just love those cartoon bandaids. Clearly I’m a tool. I am ALWAYS stocked up on egg whites and almond milk too. I make sure I never run out so I always have tons in the fridge! Always. I really want to try your cauliflower pizza! I do have cauliflower and tempeh on hand!

Janetha says:

Sighhh.. I am such a creep and always stare at your awesome arms.

Anna W. says:

I seriously love those socks! Am i a creep for thinking you look kinda hot in your Target shopping getup? :P
    Looks like a fun weekend!

Coco says:

Pink compression socks= awesome! Your boys must have made that whistle filled car ride pretty amazing- haha I can just imagine the the sound bouncing off the windows right back at ya!

teabagginit says:

those straws are so cute – next you’ll have to get your own bamboo utensils and glass containers to bring to restaurants! :)

You can do NO wrong! Each and every single one of your posts is full of brilliance! Anyone that can create a 30 calorie chocolate frosting that tastes like heaven is BEYOND brilliant! Please continue to share your wisdom! :)

1. [...] stole this chocolate frosting recipe from this very cool blog called Stuftmama, and tweaked it a tad to make it my own.  remaining completely un-original as [...]

2. [...] and some Scotty B’s Garlic hot sauce.     The other day I also had to put my other new hot sauce to use that I got at the street fair.   I put this Scotty B’s Sweet Bacon Jalapeño sauce [...]

3. Freezing It says:

[...] loving my glass straws more and more every day. I’m NOT loving the fact that the “S” key on my laptop has something [...]