Good Reads, Good Moves

Hi friends. Hope your week is off to a good start. I’m feeling a bit under the weather this morning so this post is going to be even less mediocre than usual. Lucky you. Ha.

So, not that I have time to read, but I have some good books I’ve gotten recently (and some I’ve had sitting around forever that have yet to be touched) that I thought were worth mentioning.

Friday I got this book in the mail from “my boyfriend”.

The Skinny Rules

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I’m pretty sure my trainer Bob and I are pals. Check it out.

Oh Bob, I’m sure I will. I also hope I get to see you next week to tape another Team Bob video.

(The videos we’ve taped are live by the way. They’re part of his new online BobHarper.com club.)

This Bethenny book I’ve had sitting around for about 6 months or so (maybe more). I really want to read it because I’m inspired by all she’s done and I freaking love her show.

A Place of Yes

Everything I want out of life? Yes please.

This book has also been sitting around the house for a couple years. I keep telling myself I’m going to read it every morning to start my day. I should, but I don’t. I’m hoping by posting this though, that it will hold me accountable a bit. Hey look, I have some Post-Its in there. I’ve attempted my plan at least . Ha.

The Power of a Praying Woman

Oh, and this book. This was a desperate purchase the other week that some of you recommended with the whole “The Great Escape” thing.

Love and Logic for Early Childhood

I’ve read the introduction of this one so I’m pretty proud of that. It’s got some really good tactics that I’m going to have to put to good use.

Maybe if I’d stop going outside at 6 am to take pictures in my pajamas I might actually have a few extra minutes to read.

Yep. That was this morning.

I also took this picture of my new Torani sugar free syrup I’m trying in my mocha this week.

Oh and one my new glass straws. I’m bummed this one doesn’t match my big travel coffee mug. I didn’t think about that. Bummer.

Oh well, at least I don’t have beg for big straws from Starbucks anymore.

I’ve got my own, thanks.

(I wonder how long it will take to break one of these babies.)

Now for the moves.

In honor of finally getting a Tuesday Trainer video in on time,

lindsayslist.co-tuesday_trainer

I thought we’d do an extra video for you with some fun core moves.

Here are three quick moves you can do in a v-sit position. I love the v-sit for many reasons.

The v-sit is one of the most effective abdominal and core exercises. It not only works the works rectus abdominis (“six pack”), but also targets the external obliques, internal obliques and engages the hip flexors.

Simply put, the v-sit is awesome.

This short, unedited, somewhat entertaining video of the moves, not so much.

Video notes-

I’m a sweat mess.

I know I need a better camera. The iPhone isn’t quite cutting it anymore.

I get attacked halfway through. Not sure how I didn’t see that coming.

The boys show off a little of their “skills” at the end.

Here you go friends.

V-Sit variations

I haven’t tried this at home yet, but you just might be able to do these moves while reading one of these books. Now THAT would be awesome.

Okay, gotta run, but just in case you feel like helping me out today:

- Try these v-sit core moves.

- Let me know if you’ve read any of these books.

- Tell me how to find a stinking spicy eating contest. I think I could surprise some people.

(Pictured- Roasted Broccoli Slaw)

Have a good one!!!

Comments

First question: Will I get abs, legs, and arms like yours if I do these moves? Yes? Ok – I’m in =) Seriously – you are one strong, beautiful mama!!
    Second, I’m happy to hear that I’m not the only Bethanny fan! I love her and her show. I have to get my hands on her book!!

I emailed you earlier today. I think we were meant to be best friends. :) I also need you to be my running coach. And… Bethenny. Don’t even get my started. Love her. :)

I think the boys are better at yoga than I am! I’m impressed. And I was about to be disappointed by the lack of broccoli slaw in this post but then you managed to get one in…YES! ha ha.

I’m hoping to read Bob’s book! But I tend to get pretty bored reading anything non-fiction. I get enough of that in law school…

I love your videos! The boys always crack me up! Those two are trouble!!! I hope you feel better. I know so many people that have some sort of crud right now. Get some rest…if that even exists in your life. Hugs to you!

Bob’s crushin’ on you!!

Janetha says:

I need to read more often! And those straws are cool!

I haven’t read any of those books but I really should. Maybe if I get the audio version and play it while I sleep? I’ve been HORRIBLE about reading lately. Must stop that!

Love the v-sit moves! Always a killer! I attempt to do ab work or stretch when my kids are around and it usually ends up the same way. Wrestle mama time!

On that third move… does the toddler have to be a boy? Because I have a daughter who is 8 months and I’d like to start incorporating that move now so that I’m in rock star fitness like you when she gets older.

joking aside, great post, great video… thanks for adding humor, which isnpired me to start my own Vlog.

Amy says:

that torani looks awesome! i havent read any of those books yet but id love to read bethanny’s and bobs!

I just gotta say again, your arms are amazing. I always love your videos.

lindsay says:

i need to read power of a praying wife again, its amazing! i love all these. time to read up!

Sarah says:

If you can’t get into Stormie (I have a hard time with her, admittedly) you should do #shereadstruth with us:

Pretty jealous that you and bob are bff. His book looks great! I think the boys should do a yoga video for us ;D

love the video! I hope you share your thoughts of Bob’s new book…I’m debating about buying it for myself to read.

You are seriously one strong, hot mama!! I’ve never read anything by Bethany but I would love to. Can’t wait to hear what you think about that book!

Thanks for the entertaining video, haha! I love finding new ideas for core workouts.

The twins have awesome moves.:) Haven’t read any of those books. Run! is sitting on my nightstand waiting to be finished still. Seems like I only have time for magazines lately!

That last picture reminded me…I have been meaning to tell you…Have you ever had Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy? I think you would like it.

Stacey says:

Hello! I love reading your blog! I had my first broccoli slaw sandwich tonight! Broke out the pAnini maker and went @ it! 90 calorie flat out w broccoli slaw, roasted red pepper hummus, nutritional yeast, smart balance light, garlic/onion powder, I forgot the chrushed red pepper! It was yummy!

Let me know how you like the books. I need a good beach read. You need to try Slap Ya Mama seasoning if you like hot! It is to die for!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Miz says:

great goooooooooooooogly mooogly you had me at your physique.

Lisa says:

I hope you feel better soon!!! I read the Bethenny book and thought it was pretty good! Pretty basic stuff, but its very interesting to read about her past life, and how she’s overcome so much. I love her show too, she hilarious. I’m pretty jealous that you and Bob are on speaking terms, you’re a star :) Love their yoga moves! Can they teach me some of their tricks? I restocked on brocc slaw yesterday, so I know what’s for dinner tonight!

kalli says:

hope you feel better soon too! i have read bethany’s book……good but i feel you and i would feel we are already in a place of yes :)