Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Fireworks

Fireworks

Well hello. We had a good day today. Busy. I didn’t get half the things done I should have (pretty standard).

Workout:

1.7 miles on the treadmill (it’s all I had time for)

Taught a 45 minute BOSU class

Here’s some random pictures from our day before we get to the fireworks.

Joaquin insisted on wearing his “gobble gobble” hat out and about.

Weird that he won’t wear it when it’s actually cold outside, but whatever.

Yeah, the gym play care rocks.

And watching the camp kids get off the bus is something that can’t be missed.

We also had an impromptu stop at Starbucks after picking up some pretty amazing packages from our mailbox. (I can’t wait to show you what we got.)

I spoiled the boys with a strawberry frap.

Instead of getting my favorite Starbucks drink I went with an unsweetened black tea because it was right before lunch.

I wish Starbucks wasn’t so dang expensive.

Doesn’t that picture look awesome? Like a split picture or something? I’ve got some serious photography skills. Ha.

Don’t be fooled. Joaquin was excited. He was just upset that about the high prices.

Cheers!

We had a fiesta birthday party for Tutu tonight complete with a talent show and everything.

I‘m married into the BEST family ever.

okay, really quick…. in honor of the 4th of July here’s some STUFT fireworks.

Eating two bowls of summer surprise cookie dough dip for lunch the day before a race may not have been the best idea.

BAM.

Eating a huge plate full of Mexican food at the party rather than my usual pre race meal of pasta and veggies was probably not the best idea either.

BAM.

I was going to have some dairy free pumpkin overnight oats when I got home, but they were soup.

BAM.

I added some chia to the mix and put them back. Maybe by tomorrow they’ll be better.

Once we got the boys to bed, I tried to get my race stuff ready. For the life of me I can’t find sunscreen anywhere. I know I have 3 or 4 bottles somewhere, but who the heck knows where they’re hiding.

BAM.

At least I have everything else I need sitting out. (I think.)

One vanilla GU should do the trick. The tea is for when we go out to breakfast afterwards. Yeah, I’m that girl. The ziploc bag is my iPhone case and I think I’m going to shove my phone in my bra to run tomorrow. The business cards are in case I find new friends or try to score some free stuff at the end of the race. Um… and Nala, she’s not coming to the race.

Oh, I just remembered I forgot a diaper. Yeah, I might have to do that trick again. better safe than sorry.

BAM

Instead of going to sleep soundly tonight, Joaquin woke up at 10 pm and cried (screamed, yelled, fussed around, etc.) and had to be held and cuddled until 11 pm.

It’s always the night before a race.

BAM.

STUFT Daddy slept through the entire thing in the next room.

BAM.

I was hungry afterward and since my pumpkin cold oat attempt bombed, I went for a couple of these Van’s waffles.

I made a wafflewich with PB2 mixed with sugar free maple syrup, some frozen frosting that looked like poo,

some SunButter and a couple frozen banana chunks.

BAM.

So NOT my typical prerace eats. Ugh.

Okay. Well, now the race starts in less than 7 hours, my stomach already hurts a little and I’m off to bed.

BAM.

Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July with your family and friends! Be safe, be well, move a little and eat some darn good food.

See you later friends!

Comments

Samantha says:

Your boys are too cute! I love his hat! Sounds like you guys had a great day!!
    Good luck at the race tomorrow! Can’t wait to read about it!
    <3 Sam

GOOD LUCK today!!!! =) =) I want to eat your boys up. Or bring them here to play with AJ =)

My solution to runny creations is always add chia. I’m sure your overnight oat will be perfect tomorrow! If not, just turn them into a protein micro muffin!

Good luck on the race!!! Happy 4th!

Good luck today! I will be thinking about you! Happy 4th of July!

Good luck today, you’ll do great!

Tracey says:

That waffle sandwich looks awesome! I think you should add it to your breakfast recipes:)

Susan says:

Can we review the diaper trick? What is that about!? Hysterical. I have an ultramarathon leg this weekend and may need some help…

man i just love your little guys – they are too stinkin’ cute. and yes, i agree, why does starbucks have to bee so dang expensive?! yet we still fall for it. sheesh. happy 4th of july my friend! good luck at your race – you’ll rock it!

Good luck and have fun today! Happy 4th to you and the family!

p.s. why is it the men usually sleep through the middle of the night wake-ups?! 🙂

Joy says:

I wish you luck on your race! I can’t wait to hear how you did.

Happy 4th!

Samantha says:

Have a wonderful race! Sometimes when not one thing on the routine works right it actually is OK. 🙂 Except perhaps the lack of sleep.

PS. I made the Ginormous Green Pumpkin Microwave Muffin with zucchini instead of spinach. There was a mishap due most likely not enough flour (long story) but it was still fabulous.

PSS. Salad was much improved by ACV dumped on first, “tossed”, followed my hummus plopped on second (plopped just for you). New favorite thing. Thanks for the recommendation on that one! I bet all my problems will be solved by the addition of ACV to my diet. Ha!

Those strawberry frappes look soooo delicious! And second thought-would you let me know what you think of the peanut butter syrup? I’ve tried another brand of peanut butter syrup and it was disguising! I’m hoping the one you found is better! 🙂

Check out my latest recipe @ bakingblissful.blogspot.com

Lizzy says:

I hope your race went well and that your stomach felt great!!
    I usually have the best races after the worst nights sleep…it’s almost as though my body is so tired it can’t feel any pain! 🙂
    have a wonderful holiday with your super cute twins!!
    xoxo!

Bonnie says:

Happy Fourth of July! And good luck on the race – I hope it’s amazing and you enjoy it to the fullest (and that you found some new-to-your-stomach pre-race foods that WORK!)… 😉 All those eats look delish. Thankful for you, K! Have a great day. 😀

good luck with the race Kristin! I’m sure you’ll rock it even if your pre race rituals didn’t happen. That wafflewich looks amazing and I really need to remember to pick up those waffles next time I’m at the store. I’ve been eyeing them ever since my waffle maker died.

Happy Fourth to you and your wonderful family!

Megan says:

Apparently Joaquin and my husband are alike. My husband wanted to wear his ‘cousin Eddie’ (think National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation) hat a few weeks ago. Umm, isn’t it summer? Too funny.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Oh goodness, can’t wait to hear how your race goes. Where were the red pepper flakes??? You might just fall asleep right in the middle of it! Love the turkey hat. Weren’t the boys wearing Christmas PJs not too long ago? 😉 Well it’s ALWAYS Starbucks season! Happy 4th of July friend!

Lisa says:

Such cutie pies!! Good luck at the race!!! I bet you’ll do great! Can’t wait to hear all about it. Yeah, starbucks is far too expensive, but why doesn’t that stop me from going EVERY day haha. Oops! At least the people working give me free drinks maybe half the time I go now. The benefits of my addiction. Your waffle sandwich looks amazing, but I think everything you make looks pretty dang good. Happy fourth!

jessie says:

Your little guys are by far the cutest kids around!!! Their facial expressions crack me up!! I hope you had a wonderful race.. pshh who am i kidding, i’m sure you ROCKED the race!!! Happy 4th of July to you and the fami 🙂

Yaara says:

Good luck on the race tomorrow–you’re gonna rock it lady!! OMG—your boys are absolutely adorable–and that wafflewich looks amaazing! I have to make up a batch of frozen chocolate frosting asap! I think that’s dessert for tomorrow for me.

michelle kim says:

Love your blog! Great recap of the race, and congrats on your incredibly fast time!

Coco says:

The prices are crazy there, but the boys look so adorable drinking them!

Carly says:

So I spy a little scribble of the word split on your twin’s frappe; I’m way to nosy but did you ask them to split a large frappe into too cups? Because if so that’s genius(:

1. […] we had enough “fireworks” around here last night, that we skipped out on actually watching them tonight. Ha. It also had to […]