Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
My First Virus and Some Monkey Mat Business

My First Virus and Some Monkey Mat Business

Well friends, I was almost done with this morning’s post (and pretty darn proud of the content I might add) and my computer went nuts. I’m not technologically savvy in ANY way so to say that this put a little damper on my morning might be a bit of an understatement.

My laptop is down for the count.

I’m a bit sick to my stomach. Most likely it’s just a virus, but the smart cookie that I am hasn’t backed up any of my data on the laptop so we’ll see how things turn out.

Lovely. Just lovely.

Ugh.

Anyhoo…

Yesterday was our 8th wedding anniversary. We weren’t planning on doing anything, since we just lived it up in San Francisco all weekend for the marathon. We had a change of heart later in the day and went out as a family.

Oh yeah, we went to Souplantation. We had a coupon and the boys are free until they’re 3, so we’ve only got a couple months left to get the most out of that. Good thing we cleaned up for the special occasion. Ha.

Not to brag or anything, but if they gave awards for creating the hugest salad I’m pretty sure I’d win.

I’m also totally that girl that brings my own dressing and seasoning packets. I’m so classy.

And not that I was counting or anything, but during our short family dinner I had to take Judah to the potty not just once, but five times. Potty training is awesome. Ha.

So my original post was all about The San Francisco Marathon race expo, but who knows what happened to that. Hopefully it can be recovered on the laptop somewhere. (I’m trying not to think about it. Blocking it out friends, blocking it out.)

In the meantime,  I guzzled down an iced sugar free almond mocha.

Looks like poor Flat Kitty is having a rough morning also. What happened to his ear?

So, I’ve been meaning to tell you about this cool portable mat we got to try out.

The Monkey Mat is a cute lightweight travel mat that can be used for anything from exercise to picnics.

As a mom on the go I have a mat with me at all times. I use it for my stroller exercise classes, boot camp, at the park, etc. I have a big bulky one that stays either in my car or in the bottom of the stroller, but isn’t easy to just grab and go. This little one on the other hand is pretty darn convenient to take anywhere.

It comes in a little stylish zippered pouch with a buckle strap.

I used it the other week at boot camp to try to impress my boot camp ladies.

It took only a few seconds to set up.

It has little weights in the corners so it made it easy to unfold and spread out.

And cool little loops in the middle for toy attachments and on the corners to secure it to the ground.

Yeah, we all had to admire it for a bit.

The we got back to the workout.

Don’t you all smile while you do planks? Ha.

After realizing it also makes a pretty cool cape

the true test was folding it back up and getting it back in the stylish little pouch.

It was much easier than I thought.

Woo hoo!

Cute little Monkey Mat. So much more stylish that my big mat.

The boys and I got it out again yesterday for a little picnic in the front yard.

Not only did I carry the mat with the convenient strap, but I could also carry all of our food.

This time I had a helper with the set up.

I ate that Costco kale salad with a little ACVM dressing and some Brewer’s yeast.

The boys had leftover gluten free pizza we had made the night before (in case you care).

The sitting portion of our picnic didn’t last long.

Go figure.

You can check out the website here for more information about this cute little mat. It would make a really good baby shower gift.

Okay, I’m off to take my laptop to my fabulous brother-in-law and see what he can salvage. Yikes.

Hopefully I’ll be back soon with more San Fran talk and a little workout video we made. He he.

How’s your morning going?

*FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Samantha says:

Smiling when you do planks…cool little cape…LOL. I love laughing through your posts.

Love the STUFT Mama tank too!

Sorry about the computer loss. You just reminded me that I need to back up my photos (the things I probably fear losing the most. Hopefully someone can recover the data for you. I always wonder what happened to the person who find joy in creating computer virus.

Someday I should take a photo of my salads…they require a large mixing bowl. 🙂

Have a great day! I am in count down to get out of the is quarter. But hey, the sun is shining in WA that is a RARE event. 🙂

We love that place!!! Except it’s called Sweet Tomatoes around here. It’s delicious – except they need to get on the hummus bandwagon.

Debbie says:

My laptop went nuts too–around 9 am PT when I was trying to enter a contest. Just figured it was too much traffic, but I couldn’t even power the darn thing off! Back up again and Windows resumed, so nothing lost (technology) …geez.

I have a few variations on the Monkey Mat, but such a cute name! My workout cloth (to just name it!) folds up into a cute pillow, like your mat (only pillow size). I’ve taken it to Cardio Barre workouts and works well.

Enjoy reading your blog and hope you get things up and running smoothly for the first day of August!

If it makes you feel better I carry my own bottle of Stevia in my diaper bag for my iced coffees 🙂 I always wonder if people think it’s drugs I’m putting in it haha, I even used it at a restaurant one time to sweeten my cottage cheese, I got a few looks, so I started twitching my face to entertain the ooglers some more, haha my poor husband!

OH… I carry so many random things like that around. Ha. Chia, nutritional yeast, Splenda, Mrs. Dash spicy seasoning……. just to name a few. yeah, my poor hubby too. LOL.

Love the Monkey Mat concept. My old company also made one, but I haven’t heard of the product in a while so I wonder if it faded away? Anyway, it’s great to have something small like that you can keep in the car for anytime!

Sasha says:

Ohhhh nooooo – I’m really hoping you’ll be able to recover the data and get your computer fixed. That’s THE worst. Sorry… But girl, don’t you remember Carrie Bradshaw dealing with her computer crash and learning the hard way that she needed to get an external backup drive? Didn’t Aiden give it to her? Ha.

Happy Anniversary! And you’d def win the contest for the best salad. 🙂

Good luck on the computer. That stuff freaks and stresses me out!!! Hopefully all will be saved and it was just a little hiccup in the day! I’m glad you had a good anniversary.

8th Wedding Anniversary??? Man, once again I feel a little older…ha! In September we will be having our 17th! The Monkey Mat is super cute!

Lisa says:

Hopefully your laptop will survive! Mines on its last legs too, I’m a tad worried about losing everything.
    I totally bring dressings with me to restaurant too. Whatever. Just my friends think I’m crazy haha. And I wonder why I’m single?;)
    Love the family picture. You are all too cute.

Janet says:

Oh my gosh- for a second I thought the dressing on your salad was chocolate syrup! Ha ha! But I figured it out- we LOVE our Souplantation and my daughter even chooses it on for her birthday dinner! You have the cutest family- Happy Anniversary! Poor Kitty, looks like someone bit his ear off! Have a STUFT-onderful day!

Hahaha I love all the photos of you all with the monkey mat! And I hope your computer survives! Fall semester of law school last year I lost everything on my hard drive 1 week before finals. I spent that week begging fellow students for their notes from the semester and re-making the outlines I had spent months making with other people’s confusing notes… Let’s just say that semester didn’t go so well.

Oh no about the laptop!! I hope he is able to save everything! Happy anniversary to you two! You have a beautiful family!

Jessie says:

You never did come back with a 2nd post.. I hope that doesn’t mean your computer took a bigger turn for the worsee 🙁 🙁 That’d be terrible & i’d be so heartbroken for you!! Anyways… that salad of yours looks pretty friggen amazing & I would definitely vote for you lol. Hurry back so we can all hear about your marathon recap!!!!

Hey, at least he didn’t pee his pants at the table right?? 🙂 That’s a win.

Miz says:

ahhh the VIRUS stories I could tell.
    I feel so dirrrty when it happens.

LOVE THE MONKEY MAT.
    As does my monkey 🙂

xo

Susan says:

STUFT Mama tanks?? Where can we get our hands on those?? VERY cool!

Flat Kitty will be attending the DCAC Fitness conference this weekend with me. You never know what he might do…..

Feel better!!

Ugh. So sorry about the computer. I have been there and I have zero tech skills as well. On the plus side, that does seem like a cool mat both for families and for planking, hehe.

I hope you can get your computer up and running. I’d love to read the post on the expo!

Jennifer says:

It really fits everywhere. So you don’t mind bringing it along

1. […] Yesterday The other day actually turned out quite well after a doozy of a morning. […]