Cookies and Ice Cream- The Egg Protein Way

Good morning!

Enough is enough, right? I teased you with this cookie last week and never delivered. Shame on me. What can I say though? I’m a tease.

Last night (while watching last week’s The Bachelor Pad) I added a little GNC egg white protein to my low calorie almond coconut ice cream and it was nothing short of pure protein yumminess. (I have such great grammar sometimes.)

Let’s get right to business. No nonsense or anything because this guy was wide awake at 5:45 am

and I only have half of my usual allotted “office hours”  time to get this post up and ready.

Speaking of this guy, if you didn’t watch our Ultimate Sandbag workout video from yesterday it’s worth it just to see his squirt bottle shenanigans around minute 7 or so. I laugh every time.

Oh, and do you want to see a picture of me teaching classes last night?

Oops. I thought you said yes.

He he. I sported a new Reebok outfit so naturally I asked someone to take some pictures since that’s what I do, right Sara?

More on the outfit and a cool giveaway later this week. Weeee…….

Okay, back to the cookie and ice cream business.

Ever since this post I’ve been slightly obsessed with GNC egg white protein powder. I use it pretty much every day.

After my nerves got the best of me the other week and I made this calm me down low carb cookie, I had the bright idea the other day to make a version with a little added protein. Since then I’ve been making it almost daily. It’s taken the place of the STUFT protein crispy treat.

I even made it this morning just one more time to make sure it was blog ready.

I think it is.

Keep in mind this is a protein cookie. It doesn’t taste like the full fat ginormous sugar cookie (although it kind of looks like it does). It does, however, fill you up and give you a good serving of protein and fiber. It’s just pure goodness. Pure GNC goodness that is.

A little look at the process.

IMG_2392IMG_2394IMG_2395IMG_2397IMG_2356

Eat as is,

top with nut butter or PB2 or low calorie peanut butter frosting,

or even top with some chia protein frosting.

Chia Protein Frosting

5 grams chia

10 grams egg white protein powder

1 tablespoon sugar free syrup

Um yeah, don’t mind if I do.

(This morning’s cookie had the nutmeg, cinnamon and the 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil. It was delicious.)

I also happen to know the dough tastes pretty darn tasty by itself and the cookie is a great bottom layer under some low calorie ice cream (with frozen frosting).

1. Just in case you want to know, last night’s protein ice cream creation was my almond coconut ice cream with a scoop (about 15 grams) of GNC egg white protein powder.

I topped it with some two ingredient frosting.

This will definitely be happening again soon and yes, I know the mug is awesome.

Okay, that’s all friends. Have a great day! We’re doing the BOSU thing at the gym this morning and the boot camp thing at home this afternoon.

Comments

Erica says:

Cant wait to try!

Hehe. Love the exercise pic. :)
    I NEED this egg white protein…kind of like my waffle maker, haha. But I’m about to go Paleo now for my freaking stomach so this can be my excuse for needing new egg protein. I’m also going to Target right now to buy a new smaller blender for weird paleo pancakes and muffins. Ahhh I need a sponsor just to fund my fabulous lifestyle!!

Samantha says:

Love seeing you teach!

By the way, I have been microwaving your calm me down cookie basically in a bowl for almost a week. It has been do darn hot for the oven unfortunately and one night I was so sad because I mixed it up but couldn’t bring myself to turn on the oven so into the microwave it went. It does well. It is almost like a spice cake…which tells you I put a fair amount of cinnamon in.

I’m going to need to try this cookie! I just need to get some applesauce!

Jamie in Arkansas says:

How many calories are in that there cookie? :)

It all looks so good! I use protein in my frozen ice creams too. It’s delicious. I forgot to mention that I tried your calm me down cookie a few nights ago and it turned out amazing. The coconut flour and almond extract gave it a real cake/cookie flavor. I will have to try adding in some protein next time. Thanks for the all the hard work you put into your posts and recipes! :)

purelytwins says:

in love your your mug :) too cute
    we should get our mom that too!

I’m pretty sure you are a genius. I can’t wait to make this!

Lisa says:

Ohhh yumm!!! This looks marvelous! I love my coconut flour, protein powder and low calorie ice cream:)
    Your recipes are the best.
    And I adore your mug! Perfect

The cookie sounds perfectly delicious and nutrition…you speak to my heart and my belly! YUM!

lindsay says:

i wish i could handle egg white, they don’t like me.. i mean my stomach. LOL. But whey I can do! Might need to have a cookie in your honor.
    p.s.
    rockin the reebok indeed!

Hmm… whey works, but egg white doesn’t? Interesting yes? I need to experiment a little more with whey. I think I might be able to handle it now.

Amy says:

I’m making that cookie ASAP. Or maybe I’ll just eat the dough :)

You are one busy woman. How many classes do you teach a week? That one looks like fun! Love hearing about your workouts.

So I’m seriously thinking I’m gonna get a sandbag. Think I might ask my hubby to get it for me for my bday ;) Think I could talk you into posting a few more sandbag workouts like you posted yesterday?!?

Susan says:

Hey – I tried this cookie recipe today. It was great! I subbed in 1 tbsp peanut flour for one of the coconut flour tbsps. Also threw in one tbsp cocoa powder, with an extra splash of eggwhites to keep the moisture consistent. It was really fudgy and moist – loved it. So thank you!!

Jessie says:

seriously girl, you are a pure genius in the kitchen. i do not know how you come up with all these yummy recipes, but thankkk youu :)

love the mug, so adorable!

Sable@SquatLikeALady says:

Oh my God. YOU are a genius. Incredible!

Sherry says:

That cookie looks delicious! I’ll definitely be trying it this week.

Yes! So glad you posted this. I can’t wait to make it! I may have to sneak a few chocolate chips in…
    I’ve been obsessed with egg white protein ever since I got some 2 weeks ago. I use it in everything- smoothies, weird eggy protein muffins- even just mixed with some pumpkin, chia, almond milk and stevia… (I know you find that totally normal).

Cookie looks tasty! Definitely pinning. Thank you for your creativity!!

Krystle says:

You’ve done it again, Kristin! This is a delicious cookie recipe for a quick protein fix!
    I microwave it for about 2 minutes and it turns out well!
    I have 3 questions:
    1) How can I make this crunchier? It seems that only the middle is crunchy when I finish microwaving it. Maybe it’s because I microwaved it?
    2) If I were to sub the coconut flour with Peanut Flour, do you think I would need to make any changes to the recipe?
    3) If you know anything about casein, can you enlighten me please?

THANKS A TON