I’m Getting Lazy, I Eat a Lot and I’m a Handful

It’s a wonder why I don’t have more friends.

Yesterday’s workout:

6 miles on the treadmill

taught a BOSU class

taught a backyard boot camp class

Favorite boot camp moves of the day:

BOSU burpees

rotational lunges with the sandbag

Tabata style mountain climbers

Yesterday’s toddler workout:

A little pajama CrossFit WOD on the treadmill.

My laziness.

Ever since I wrote about my morning coffee routine, I’ve gotten lazy. Today I went straight for this café Americano again that was made in less than a minute.

I just posted a much better picture and the exact recipe on instagram. There’s also a few others from this morning of Kitty drinking out of the toilet and some other bathroom shots. I’m classy like that.

In case you’re not on instagram, here you go.

I don’t want anyone feeling left out or anything. Oh and yes, there’s my little early riser in the background that wet his bed before 6 am today. Woo hoo! (Don’t tell anyone, but my belly button looks exactly like his.)

I’ve gotten lazy with dinners lately also. Poor STUFT Daddy and the boys. Last night I had intentions of making taco pie. It never happened. The boys ended up eating a Trader Joe’s frozen veggie pizza and poor Andrew made his own raviolis. Then I had intentions of making my crumbly cauliflower pizza crust. That didn’t happen either. I ended up making a mean batch of roasted cauliflower (along with roasted zucchini noodles and roasted tempeh) for myself. So selfish.

I ate it marinara style late at night.

It was good.

It was followed by this little donut cake thing (that was topped with low calorie ice cream).

Um, so let’s talk more eats as of late since I seriously can’t stop eating ever since The San Francisco Marathon.

I had egg whites and oats in a jar again the other day.

You know, different day, different almost empty nut butter jar.

This White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter is amazing by the way.

And since my Love Grown Foods delivery this past weekend, I have eaten an entire bag of Cocoa Goodness all by myself.

If I was nice I’d share. Selfish yet again.

I also made a really simple chicken wrap the other day for a quick snack.

I just put the chicken breast and some romaine in the tortilla wrap and poured on the Scotty B’s jalapeño scream.

I ate it standing up in the kitchen. Do you ever do that?

I’ve also been either roasting or adding these shaved Brussel sprouts from Trader Joe’s to my salads lately.

The salad- kale, broccoli slaw, shaved Brussels sprouts, rotisserie chicken, Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning, Brewer’s yeast, and a dressing of spicy hummus mixed with apple cider vinegar. Good stuff.

I revisited what used to be my favorite Chef Jay’s protein bar the other day on the way to the gym.

One of my favorites, but it’s not dairy free. My stomach seemed to handle it pretty well though.

I’ve been using these Eggo waffles as my bottom layer in my dessert creations with almond coconut ice cream and two ingredient chocolate frosting.

But…… I may be able to get back to the good stuff because I got an email this morning about this.

image

Click on the picture or here to take you to the page. I only buy Vitatops these when deals like this come up. Otherwise they’re too expensive.

Woo hoo!! Love BOGO!

Enough food chat for now.

Let’s talk about how I’m a Handful.

image

I love that definition:

hand-ful (noun) – A strong, confident, determined, active, compassionate, and/or adventurous woman. Sense of humor REQUIRED.

[source]

I know I’ve talked about my love for my Handful sports bra many times. In fact, once I got my very first one and those extra Handful bra pads my life was changed. A huge thank you to my friend MizFit for introducing me to them.

The other week I saw that they were having a closeout sale on their original design. I contacted them immediately because I needed (yes Andrew, needed) some more of these babies.

Well, the wonderful people behind these bras sent me two more to add to my collection.

I got one on chocolate and one in nude.

Um, yes, I am aware that I’m a handful. Thank you.

Well, thank goodness because I definitely need a little help to “flatter” that area.

My favorite thing about these bras is the thin straps and of course the pretty thick removable pads.

If I’m not wearing my Handful bra, I still use those handy pads (that you can purchase on their own) and put them in all of my other workout tops. They really make a difference friends.

I did it here with my most recent workout date with my best friend Bob.  I also show how it’s done in my La Jolla Half Marathon post. He he.

These bras also come with a cute little bag to use when washing them.

So cute, right?

And you can totally pull these bras off for a regular day bra too. I sported mine around all over San Francisco the day before the race with just a tank and jeans.

It doesn’t even look like a sports bra under regular tanks.

This morning I had to take a few more pictures of this bra magic for you all.

Not that you want to see what I look like at 6 am, but we’re all friends here right?

Before picture in my pajamas.

Lovely.

After picture with my trusty Handful bra.

Yes, these bras do wonders. I just love the back design too.

Thank you to Handful for helping me not look like a boy when I work out and for changing my life with your handy dandy bras and pads.

I’m a fan for life and I’m anxiously awaiting their new products coming out later this month.

The closeout sale on the original bra is still going on. Click here for the details- only $18 a bra. It’s worth every penny.

*I was sent the two most recent bras free of charge. However, it was only after I originally bought three bras for myself (along with an extra set of pads) about 6 months ago and fell in love. I have since been professing my love for the bras to anyone and everyone including the company.

Comments

I got that HG email this morning, too, and totally thought of you haha. I knew you would be excited about that! Those bras sound awesome. I may have to check out that special deal!

Cass says:

Thank you so much for posting about the Handful closeout sale! Since I lost some weight, I also lost the little boob I had. I just bought myself one in nude. Can’t wait to try it out!

Amy says:

Oooh, the cake-doughnut-thing looks good. :D
    I made your frozen pb2 and chocolate frosting last night over katie’s ice cream and it was AMAZING! With almond milk and a couple Capella NY cheesecake flavor drops… YUM!
    Question… I just bought coconut flour the other day and I have no idea what to do with it. I usually gravitate towards low calorie, high protein recipes. Any suggestions?
    Love your site! :D

Yes!!! My high protein pumpkin muffin and my high protein chocolate muffin!!! They are awesome and low calorie/low carb. I can send you direct links if you want. Coconut flour ROCKS!!!! Cheesecake flavor drops? What are those?

• Amy says:

Direct links would be wonderful! Thanks for the suggestions :) I can’t wait to use it.
        The flavor drops are my #1 favorite low cal baking ingredient. Like extracts… except in EVERY flavor imaginable (and they are all amazing… I’ve tried most all of them!). Here is the website: http://capellaflavordrops.com/ I mainly use them in greek yogurt with some Truvia and Torani syrup. (Cinnamon Danish Swirl, Banana Split, and Marshmallow are three of my favorites) They’re unsweetened so you add your own sweetener. I highly recommend trying it out! :)

I have never seen shaved brussel sprouts at TJs….I would have to buy them though if mind sold them!

I just tried roasted cauliflower for the first time the other day and it was spectacular! I love the look of you roasted zucchini and tempeh with it….so good!

And oats in a jar….yup, tried that one too this week and oh so good!

I dont need any extra handfuls. But I have to say these bras do a good job of making it look natural. Thanks for posting and I will spread the word to my friends that DO need a handful, lol!

Wow- a 6 mile run and teaching 2 classes? I’d be tired! I teach 2 classes 3 or 4 days a week- and on days when I add an extra class or workout, I am pooped (and want to eat everything in sight)!
    The bra looks awesome! I hate sports bras- they flatten down my barely there boobs and it just looks horrible. I will definitely check out the link RIGHT NOW. and whoa- the price is right!

Ren says:

Those bras look amazing, and so comfortable!

Yep..good bras are key. I use to think the simple Target champion was OK to keep the girls in but after I bought a totally too expensive one at a Running Store months ago I have changed my mind. IT IS SO WORTH THE MONEY!!! THen, I got one handful too and it was just as great….love a good workout/running bra! May have to check out the sale now.

I know where you are sitting at in San Francisco. I run along the Embarcadero during my lunch hour and always see the Ferry Building, we are like best friends and stuf(t).

Your posts are always filled with goodness! I love everything you ate! Your boys “crossfit wod” on the treadmill looks like fun lol! You never know they could show up on crossfit.com one day with it ;)

I ordered 2 of the close out Handful bras on your suggestion a few weeks ago and I LOVE them . Seriously. The itty bitty titty committee finally gets some love. :)

lorie says:

Just wondering about the size you order. How does it compare with a regular bra on size. I think they only have med left and wondering if that would be too big. Thanks.

Lorie- There’s a chart on the website somewhere that has the sizes. The chart is pretty right on. Let me know if you can’t find it and I will send you the link. :)

I haven’t seen the shaved brussel sprouts yet. I’m going to have to keep my eye open for them. That bra looks awesome and for only $18. I may have to check that out!

I’ve never seen the shaved brussel sprouts at TJs either. Will have to look for those the next time we are there. And I’m going to buy some handful bras now which I’ve been meaning to do forever. Thanks for the heads-up.

Shaved brussel sprouts?? I was just there today, I didn’t look hard enough. As if I even eat those things. But I did buy some cauliflower today which I am going to roast/burn.

Lisa says:

Woohoo for more vitatops being on sale! Gotta get ‘em. I still want to try those bad boys out.
    Shredded brussels are SO tasty! They never have them at my grocery store and I’m far too lazy to shred them myself.
    Your meals are always the best looking, yum yum. I think I’ll be making more of your low calorie ice cream to enjoy today:)

Seriously, you are freaking superwoman. I can’t even fathom working out that much in one day…but I need to!!!! I’m roasting a pan of broccoli slaw for dinner tonight and thought of you :)

omg I’m buying one on sale!!! I’ve been DYING to get one with all your raving about them, but I have zero (and by zero I mean negative) money. Lol I’ll just pay back this sports bra along with the rest of my student loan money… so worth the interest.

I love peanut butter wonderful! The white chocolate is my favorite. I even put a tablespoon in my frozen coffee this morning.

Amy says:

You make me wanna try the handful bras, too. They look so comfy. I’m gonna go broke reading your blog! ;)

I LOVE these bras too! I have one and I swear I wash it the second I use it and time it just so it’s ready every time! I need to get to TJ’s stat…I need shredded brussels sprouts in my life! If it makes you feel any better…I am so over cooking right now. I cooked like a crazy person at the beginning of the week, now I am just mentally and physically done in the kitchen!

Oh good- glad to hear it. It does make me feel better. I always feel guilty because I should be cooking for everyone, but I’m just so tired. :) Been thinking about you this week!!!!

I think you just sold me on the handfuls! Just so happen I need some new ones. Yes NEED if my hubs is reading!!! ;)

reading, reading, reading… thinking, “Gosh, Kristin is so selfish with her food”. Then I saw what you did with eggo waffles and almond coconut ice cream?!? stop being selfish and share that goodness with me!

Jessie says:

what!! Where in the world did you find those waffles :( Goshh Kuwait’s food selection sucks.. I miss all the yummyyyy goodies the states have!!!

boo sorry about the little one peeing his pants.. Is it getting any better lately?

Yes, getting better, but darn it he’s had a few accidents lately. Little stinker. What DO you eat over there????

• Jessie says:

Awe, well hopefully soon he’ll be all gooodd :) I eat mostly the same food from the states… onlyyy because I make weekly or bi-weekly orders to VitaCost and stock up on much needed goodies. However, the vegetable selection here is terrible! Can you believe zucchini or squash is non existant?? :( It’s rough I tell ya!!! OHh & the yogurt selection is slim. I used to only eat dannon fit & chobani, but now I have to settle for Activia Vanilla.

Anna W. says:

Lazy?! You?! Not possible!

Gotta get me one of those Handfuls!

Oh I love the handful bra. Some of the reebok ones I have give me a little boost too! Always appreciated! And, for as active as you are, I hope you have a full pantry of goods! You amaze me girl!

I’m in desperate need of new sports bras and might have to try these babies out! I kind of like my boobs plastered to my chest, but if you say they ROCK I’ll take your word for it and check them out. Your appetite is amazing. I need to try some of your protein desserts. Need some more variety in my healthy eating. ;) xoxo

I’ve had the same sports bra for longer than I care to admit. But I did just order one from lulu purely because it was red :) These look super cute and not too restricting – I’ll have to check them out. And I agree, most purchased are always a need, never a want :)

teabagginit says:

yup, i just ordered some handfuls and i’m so excited! i need all the help i can get!

1. [...] toilet, but it’s a nice touch don’t you think? I also think I should really stop showing you bathroom pictures. [...]