Random Thursday Things and Some Kickin’ Iced Tea

So, um, yeah.

This post is going to be a bit random because we all were awake at this time this morning.

Not by choice. This was going on in the next room.

Along with screaming “I want to go night night in Mommy’s and Daddy’s bed” for over an hour. Yes, over an hour.

It was so fun. Don’t be jealous.

Don’t be jealous of my home decorating skills either.

Totally don’t know what that’s doing on the toilet, but it’s a nice touch don’t you think? I also think I should really stop showing you bathroom pictures. Ha.

Yesterday’s workout was a treadmill run. I have grown to love the treadmill. I used to hate it. Ten minutes used to feel like hours. Now I actually look forward to my time on there. I refer to it as my “me time”.

Here’s some tricks I like to play on the treadmill.

See how far you can run in a specific amount of time. I do this unintentionally almost every time I go to the gym because I get there late and have to fit in as much as I can before the play care closes. It helps though.

Plan your run during a show you really want to watch or only let yourself watch a particular movie if you’re on the treadmill. That works for me every time. If I start a movie, I want to finish the next day so I look forward to my run.

Do this 30 minute easy interval workout. Try to increase your speed intervals each time. This was my go to workout when the boys were really young. My time was limited so this one was a regular weekly workout.

I realized I never really did a full recap of the IDEA Health and Fitness Expo that I went to last month. I’ve just been mentioning it here and there, but besides taking the Ultimate Sandbag challenge and buying a new outfit, I discovered a few things there that are pretty cool.

This RooSport magnetic pocket.

IMG_2097IMG_2099IMG_2103

I haven’t run in it yet (I’ve just tried it on while in my pajamas), but I like the idea of it just hooking on your shorts or pants. It’s so annoying when you don’t have a pocket for your keys or whatever. It’s even big enough to hold your phone. I’m going to have to put it to the test this weekend.

I also get questions a lot about where I get my music for my classes I teach. I order it from Yes Fitness Music the majority of the time. They were at the expo also so I got a few new CDs. Here’s just a peak at the music I’m currently using in my classes.

IMG_2093

How did Flat Kitty get in there? Weird.

Since Nuun is pretty much at every expo I go to, I stocked up on my two favorite Nuun flavors while I was there too. They always have special deals.

There was also a CocoaVia booth there and I stocked up on samples of course (because that’s what I do) and I’ve been using their packets in my low calorie ice cream and my drinks lately.

I like the unsweetened chocolate one in my ice cream.

and the summer citrus one in my drinks.

Yesterday my afternoon drink was this little combination as an iced tea.

I also added a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.

I’ve been adding apple cider vinegar to a lot these days. It’s usually in my salad dressings (ACVM dressing , Yum Hum dressing, berry hot dressing), but has evolved into my drinks. My new obsession with it is all thanks to Sarena and Laura. Thanks a lot ladies.

Here’s my drink of the week. There are so many healthy things in here I get excited just thinking about it.

Kickin’ It Summer Citrus Tea

1-2 packets Good Earth Tea Original Sweet and Spicy Tea (regular or decaf)

1/2 Nuun lemon tea tablet (optional)

1 packet CocoaVia summer citrus

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

I microwave the tea with about 1/4- 1/2 cup water and let it brew for a bit. I combine everything else in a glass of ice water and then add the brewed tea last.

This drink has the antioxidants from the tea, the electrolytes from the Nuun, all the benefits from the Cocoa Flavanols and the benefits from apple cider vinegar. Not to mention a little caffeine boost which is always a welcome thing around here these days. Ha ha.

Here’s a couple of links with some information. I’m too lazy to write them out.

Benefits of cocoa flavanols

Benefits of apple cider vinegar

I could use one of these right now actually.

I could also really use a new Flat Kitty picture for my cool cup. That missing ear is starting to bug me.

And… here’s just a couple of random eats from yesterday (since I took pictures and all).

chicken wrap with Trader Joe’s rotisserie chicken, romaine and this Ebesse Zozo hot sauce from Jenny

STUFT Protein Crispy Treat with a little SunButter

microwave popcorn with some butter spray, cinnamon and a Splenda packet

cherries

a whole big mess of roasted vegetables- non dairy kale chips, zucchini noodles, broccoli slaw and some more of those shaved brussel sprouts

topped with this Trader Joe’s spaghetti sauce with mushrooms

and just a little crushed red pepper and some more nutritional yeast

I also had a monster of a dessert with this new little cakey donut thing I made (yes, again)

complete with low calorie almond coconut ice cream, frozen two ingredient chocolate frosting and a little PB Crave.

Recipe coming soon. I’m still taste testing.

Okay, I’m off.

I’m already tired, sleep deprived and craving some serious carbs. I have a feeling it’s going to be a long day. Oh man.

Two important things:

Thing One

I designed these shoes last night on the Reebok website. I’m not sure if I should switch up the colors or not. The green on the side might be a little much. What do you think?

image

Oh yes, it does say STUFT mama on the side. Ha ha.

And…….. stay tuned because coming up I have a review of some new clothes and someone might win a chance to design his or her own shoes. Hint hint.

Thing Two

Let’s do a Flatterday Flat Kitty roast soon, yes? Wouldn’t that be awesome? Take a picture of Flat Kitty by something you roasted (marshmallows, veggies, whatever…….). Totally just an idea since I’m pretty much a roasting machine over here, but thought it might be fun. Email me pictures if you want in (with or without links and recipes) or email me if you want me to send you a Flat Kitty to play with.

kristin@stuftfitness.com

Weee…..

Okay, have a great day everyone!!!!

Comments

Kristy Doyle says:

I am feeling the same way about the treadmill lately! I used to dread it. I thought it had to do with my recent Kindle Fire purchase, because it’s so nice to be able to watch the girly shows my boyfriend won’t watch with me while I run, but recently the wireless was out at the gym, so I went with just the music and I ran for 45 minutes! I used to barely be able to do 10 on the treadmill before I got bored.

Hahaha, you are so welcome! ACV is the best! Nothing in this house is safe from it! In fact I just had a swig of it on my salad…YUM! I need to look into RooSport pocket. I don’t have running shorts with pockets and that always frustrates me! I need to check out the music too! I’m really in need of some new music! Hopefully the boys will be easy on you today…hopefully.

Are the boys ever easy????? no. Ha ha. I deal better though when I’m well rested. I need ot try out that pocket so I can give you a full report. :) Seems like such a great idea. :) Hope you’re enjoying your weekend Sarena.

Thanks for the shout out. Have you use the ACV as face toner yet? It sting but great for the skin.

I want to follow you around and eat one say. You make the best treats.

Samantha says:

HAHAHAHA…the shoes! You know what, if you want to put flat kitty drinking out of the toilet on your site, who am I to criticize the bathroom photos? My bathroom is so tiny I am not sure I could get myself and my camera in there. ;)

You must be dying of exhaustion.

I have never actually used a trreadmill but with the amount of rain out here I wish I had one.

Have a great day!

Lisa says:

I like the flat kitty roast idea:)
    Sorry about the kiddos keeping you up all night! At least they’re entertaining hah.
    I adore the new customized shoes!
    And all your food as well, now I’ve got to go eat something

You’ve got to stop tempting us with amazing looking things such as the “cakey donut thing” without any recipe. I must know! ;)

lol the green makes it a little christmas-y. and I got a handful bra today! They didn’t have the size I would have wanted to order, so I got a different one. For $18 I’ll chance it!

Linda says:

I’m not familiar with Nuun. I just got on their website and like what I see! Is it something you drink throughout the day and/or when you are out running? I’m wondering if I should be drinking more than water when out for my long runs while training for the marathon?

Flat Kitty roast! :)
    Okay I like those shoes but I think you should change the green to maybe…black? It might be a little to Christmas-y with the green. That’s way cool you can get StuftMama on the side.

Thanks for the mention! Glad you’re liking the hot sauce :)

Amy says:

I don’t know what I would do without my treadmill! I live in the south and the heat/humidity is awful, so I have to use the treadmill a lot.

And I thought I got up early (too run on the treadmill)! I stopped complaining to myself about how tired I was when I read this :)

Krystal says:

Did you ever get your vegetable spiraler? If so, what brand is? I really want to get one but I don’t know which.

Janet says:

Hey- how come I just got your post! I only live an hour away so shouldn’t I be getting it before all these other fans of yours? (it’s Friday at 11:00!)
    Thanks for sharing your music- need some new tunes! Also, so sorry about your cryer- did he at least take a good nap yesterday? :-) I bet his eyes were puffy in the a.m.-serves him right! Ha ha!
    How supportive do you think those “handful” bras are?(for running)
    I’m a tad bit more than a handful (I had to check) so I’m just curious about that part- 18 bucks is cheap! I will definitely check it out!
    I also would LOVE a kangaroo bag thing- for my keys when I run outside- which I’ve been told I need to start doing for that 1/2 in Long Beach. I like the treadmill- you don’t have to worry about where you are going…or what you might trip on!
    Hope you have a SPECTACULAR weekend with your family!!! Let’s cook Flat kitty!!! I mean Roast Him! :-)

I’m not sure about the support thing since I don’t have much of anything to support. They are awesome though and the pads help with the support. I’ll let you know about the whole pouch thing too. I still need to try it out. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend too Janet!!!!

I love ACV in the mornings!!! Makes me feel so much better! I don’t mind the treadmill, but I prefer outside. The treadmill def keeps me honest about my speed! Hope you have a great weekend girl!!

I have been drinking a giant glass of water with apple cider vinegar in the morning and at night. I love the “kick” it brings to my water!!

Amy says:

im loving the reeboks!! those are awesome!!

so ive seen a lot about apple cider vinegar in drinks lately but ive been too scared to try it. your little concoction actually sounds very refreshing..i think i might give it a try!

Erin says:

I love your random posts. It’s fun to see where your mind goes. :-) I have a big bottle of ACV that I need to pull out of the pantry. I know it’s good for me and don’t mind it on salads with some mustard, but I tried drinking it in lemon water and just couldn’t do it for more than a few days. Do your drinks mask the flavor or have you learned to embrace it? :-)

I feel like my tea drinks mask the flavor a bit. Even Andrew didn’t mind it. :) I don’t think I’d like it in just plain lemon water. Ouch. I need it with something a little sweet. :)

Sara says:

Does ACV have an impact on the taste of the drink, etc. or is it like spinach in a smoothie and you cant’ taste it?

1. [...] The good news about not getting to the whole Flat Kitty roast is that if you want to send me a picture of Flat Kitty with something you roasted (or anything else of you just want to share) email it to me and I’ll put it in the post eventually. He he. More information is here. [...]

2. [...] my Kickin’ It Summer Citrus Tea and headed to the [...]

3. [...] I used to use their supplement packets in all kinds of drinks (like this tea and this tea). [...]