Fashion Talk Friday- My Pretty Woman Experience at Lorna Jane

I’m slacking. I meant to get this post up last night, but instead of writing it, I did this after getting home from teaching a couple classes at the Y.

It was fabulous.

(In the bowl was almond coconut ice cream, three ingredient fudge and a chocolate Vitatop.)

Yeah, I’m talking fashion in this post. Silly silly. I’m not a very fashionable person. In fact I have a very fashionable best friend who I’ve asked on multiple occasions if she would be my personal stylist, but things just haven’t panned out that way. Maybe she thinks I’m beyond help.

I don’t mind not being the fashion expert. What I lack in style, I make up for with my home decorating skills.

(I hope that’s how you dry chili peppers.)

I also have great taste in pets

and a knack for making a mean cinnamon coconut Americano that even Kitty can’t resist.

Oh and I have some pretty good wrapping skills.

Yeah, just when I thought I couldn’t make a bigger Yum Hum veggie wrap, I did.

I know. I’m pretty proud.

Back to fashion.

You can pretty much find me in sweaty workout clothes 99% of the time. Things have gotten a bit better with my Handful bra pads that accompany every outfit. I’ve also tried to dress things up a bit lately with some fun BIC Bands to match. Some might not agree, but I feel like it makes me more presentable outside of the gym.

Yep. Sometimes I show up to parties looking like that.

If I’m not in workout attire, I’m wearing my “uniform” (cheapo tank top and jeans that have been worn multiple times without washing). Want to hang out?

Word must have gotten out that I needed a little help. As a FitFluential Ambassador, I got the opportunity to visit the new Lorna Jane store in Santa Monica last week after my workout with Bob.

I fell in love with Lorna Jane clothes when I came across them at the IDEA Fitness convention back in July. I couldn’t help but buy a new outfit back then. It might just be my favorite outfit and I might have worn it to the airport on our trip to the San Francisco Marathon.

Ha ha.

I even met the fabulous Lorna Jane in person at the convention and she is just the cutest thing in the world.

She was so fun, energetic, nice, inspirational…… the list goes on and on. Not to mention very fashionable. So much so that I had to get that same shirt she was wearing.

The Australia based company has just recently come to the United States. Last week I went to the new store in Santa Monica. This particular store opened about 5 months ago and there are currently only 5 stores in CA.

The store was amazing.

Walking through the door was like a breath of fresh air.

The three pillars the whole brand is built on are Move, Nourish, Believe, and everything (the clothes, the movement, etc.) encompass those ideas. The big picture is about moving and nourishing your body and believing anything is possible.

You are reminded of that everywhere inside the store.

IMG_2995IMG_3001IMG_3000IMG_3002

The clothes are secondary to the whole movement and help inspire. Oh and the clothes, the clothes are amazing.

IMG_2974IMG_2976IMG_2985

The detail that goes into each different item is just incredible.

IMG_2987IMG_2992IMG_2994IMG_2983IMG_2991IMG_2989IMG_2980IMG_2990

It’s safe to say I wanted pretty much everything in the store.

I chose just a few of my favorites to try on to make sure I picked the perfect outfit.

I totally felt like Julia Roberts in The Pretty Woman. Just trying on all the fancy attire was an experience in itself.

I really like how the back of each different top is different. So cute and so much detail.

IMG_3005IMG_3009IMG_3015

Lorna knows her stuff.

Oh lovely, my Beaker impression decided to make an appearance. I sure know how to impress, don’t I? Not only are the clothes stylish, but oh so comfortable too. That is a must when wearing workout clothes.

IMG_3019IMG_3020IMG_3016

The wonderful ladies helping me out during my visit wanted me to try on those pants on the right. I could never pull them off, but they are fun aren’t they? And yes, I warned the cute lady behind me that she would end up on my blog.

The outfit I decided on was this one.

I may or may not have had to buy a jacket to match.

I am officially a Lorna Jane fan. I’m not only a fan of her (you can read all about the founder and her inspirational story here), but of the entire Move Nourish Believe Movement as well.

I’m so happy they are here in CA and are bringing the Lorna Jane stance on style and function to the active fashion world.

The inspirational spirit behind the brand encourages us to dream bigger, do more and gain more from every experience. I love that.

I want to live like that every day.

Okay friends, that enough pictures of me today, yes? So sorry about that, but I wanted to make sure you saw how awesome all the clothes were. I have a feeling there are going to be huge here in the US very soon. I was so excited to be able to share them with you. Hopefully you’ll be seeing lots more of them.

Where you can find out more:

Lorna Jane Website

Lorna Jane Facebook Page

Twitter: @lornajaneactive

I even downloaded her new GPS app and am going to try it out today on my run. It’s part of the nowmoveit.com movement.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

I might just have to sport this tank while I’m at it.

He he.

Have a wonderful Friday!

If you’re local in the area, a brand new Lorna Jane store is opening tomorrow, September 8th in Huntington Beach.

Oh and the winner of the Handful bra pads is

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning

Woo hoo! Lauren email me your information and I’ll send you your pads. I can throw a Flat Kitty in there too if you’d like. He he.

I promise my next post won’t have any pictures of me.

*Disclaimer- I was given a Lorna Jane outfit free of charge. I was not compensated for this post. The opinions are my own. I truly am in love with the clothes and wish I could afford more of them.

Just curious- Do you have a favorite workout outfit that you save for special occasions?

Comments

I sure would love to have a huge and stylish sports ware wardrobe to pick from, I feel fancy when I get out to run in my target stuff haha, other than that is boring old shorts and mixed matched ts, they are so annoying to run and workout in!! I do believe having stuff that fits comfortably is definitely key in working out !

#1 How did you get your mouth around that wrap?!
    #2 I want a Lorna Jane in ATL!!! That stuff looks awesome.
    #3 Lauren should give me her Handful She has big ta-tas. You can quote me on that. LOL!

OH, Laura I can shove A LOT in my mouth. LOL. You should see my spoonfuls of protein dough. Lauren hasn’t emailed me yet, so if she doesn’t those pads are all yours.

i finally found a tank top that did not hug my stomach and I now am sad I only bought one! It fits me like a glove and I love it! I love the top you’re wearing that is tight on the bottom, but doesn’t hug the stomach! Too cute! I was just talking to Tony today abut wishing I had bought the cross training shoes I saw the other day because they would totally have gone with my outfit today for work. He said I have a fitness clothing addiction…I don’t understand that. Is there such a thing? I think not!

That always happens when you find the right tank and then you can’t find another one like it. A fitness clothing addiction isn’t a bad thing- it’s for work right? (That’s my excuse.)

lindsay says:

i’m in totaly retail envy right now. Love it! you look puuuuurty!

I am so glad to hear you got a free outfit…you deserve it with the way you talked about them today…its making me want to or wish I could go to the store and try on some stuff….I liked the gray sweatshirt that would probably match your outfit too…w/the coral writing…cute!

I also love the tank that said IMAGINE on the back…super cute…but, seriously is it super expensive too???

I save my special…orange…..Y…Lazyman tank…that I didn’t earn but was leftover and thus FREE…for super special exercises like BodyPump at 6AM….where I show up after rolling out of bed…at least I brush my teeth! 😉

what an amazing experience!!! so blessed!!

What an awesome experience! Did you even do the Pretty Woman twirl and laugh? 😉

The back of all the tanks are super cute. I think lulu has some competition coming their way. 😉

aleesha says:

Oh, how cute you are! You could totally be the Lorna Jane fitness model, modeling all of her clothes.

And l love the pictues of Kitty. He is darling! He does look exactly like those chili peppers hanging out to dry…….he,he,he……too funny. XO

Samantha says:

I agree, she would be an awesome fitness model.

I will have to watch for these stores in WA (looking more at the gear online). I struggle with a lot of the women’s fitness fashion stuff…usually through my broad shoulders. Or everything is so form-fitted there is no way I am going to be comfortable in them.

I know right? His manboobs totally look like chili peppers. Ha ha.

Erica says:

Those clothes are gorgeous!

Amy Zirkle says:

What a fashion show – by the by – I think that minty green hoodie looked lovely on you!

Linda says:

Yeah! Huntington Beach!! I will be visiting my family next weekend in Laguna so I am definitely checking out the new Lorna Jane store. I’ve gone on their website and love just about everything!!

ohmygosh I *wish* there was a Lorna Jane in NYC!!! (please???) Looks like an amazing store and I love everything that you tried on! Super cute. Maybe this just means that I have to plan a trip to LA?

Amanda says:

I think it’s so great that you got to shop at lorna jane. I think you represent the brand very well and i think they should supply you with an entire wardrobe! 🙂 you’re very inspiring and i really admire how you’re raising your boys – i think you set such a great example. I love hearing about your workouts and your race recaps. You’re a tough cookie and you’ve got a great mental game – a true athlete. Have a great wknd!

I love the outfit that you chose! All of the outfits look great. Hopefully, one will be coming to Texas in the near future. By the way the picture of you and your little one is adorable! Have a great weekend!

Sable@SquatLikeALady says:

How did you ever pick just one outfit?! I would have come home with everything! haha! You have incredible willpower 😉

Lexy Haynes says:

Love it! Kristin, you crack me up. First – what a treasure those YMCA classes were. I am nice and sore today! Thankfully, I went snorkeling for an hour+ and that helped loosen me up. (p.s. the leopard sharks are still here & so awesome!) Second – awesome chili peppers – those are huge! Third – REALLY dig the clothes. I love cool looking workout clothes, but functionality is most important, so ones that do both: double win! I might definitely have to do some online shopping. And I agree, I think the whole mentality is very cool. We need more of that in the world. 🙂 Thanks, great post!

Sam says:

So cute!! I love all of those outfits. I could def wear them working out and daily! Too bad we dont have infinite budgets huh?

WooHOO! Dude- I won!! And YOU have single handedly made me the biggest Handful bra fan ever- seriously- they are my favorite find of the summer! 🙂
    I need to go to the Lorna Jane store (and uh, totally love the Pretty Woman reference)- that’s some great stuff there! I live in workout clothes 99% of the time too. Ahhh the life of an exercise instructor/trainer…..
    YES I want a flat kitty! Emailing you now. 🙂 xoxo

So cute!!! You and Lorna are a perfect match! Gorgeous active wear with some special details. Pictures of you are always okay Kristen!

I have this hot pink and orange running skirt that I save for special occasions- either a race or outdoor event.

Janet says:

Kristen, I loved that I didn’t have to drive to LA and was able to see the store through your eyes! CUTE stuff and I love the pics! I will definitely check out the one in HB! Have a great weekend!

Oh my! I’m loving the style. Like you, I’m fashion challenged 🙂 gotta get to a Lorna Jane!

1. […] after my last post with way too many pictures of myself I promised to not show you any here. I tried, but since I’m […]

2. […] know I’ve talked about Lorna Jane before, my Pretty Woman experience at the store and the whole Move Nourish Believe Movement. Well, I got to relive it a little this […]