Problems For Me, A Move For You

I’ve got problems. I know, shocker right?

Here’s just a few.

I try a new food creation or meal and then find myself having it about 7 days in a row.

Whatever it may be, it gets bigger and bigger each day.

I tried a new savory breakfast STUFTwich on Sunday.

This was the same savory breakfast STUFTwich Monday.

This was it again yesterday.

Ha ha. I’ve been alternating making it with real eggs and egg whites from my huge jugs of egg whites. It all depends on my mood.

The boys, well, now that they’ve gotten a taste of real organic eggs, I think trying to feed them my microwaved egg whites just isn’t going to fly anymore. Oh well. Scrambling real eggs has been our new morning excitement. They like to “help” in the kitchen a lot.

They’ve had the same breakfast about three days in a row also. Scrambled eggs and a SunButter and strawberry jam sandwich on my favorite bread.

I also can’t stop eating these Flatout Cinnamon crisp bowls. Yesterday I had one with some chocolate pumpkin protein goo (with some oats added in so it was more like fudgy STUFT protein cookie dough made with GNC chocolate soy protein powder). The bottom “layer” was some peanut butter and I topped it with coconut cookie dough crumble.

Last night as a late night snack I had another one with some Artisana cocoa bliss, a Triple Chocolate Chunk Vitatop, some PB2 coconut flour “frosting” and some almond coconut ice cream.

Yep, totally half eaten before I took a picture. It was late.

I still have my little problem burning vegetables.

Roasted Brussel sprouts and roasted cauliflower have been on the menu lately.

I get really annoyed when I hit red lights. I get annoyed when I’m driving. (I’m not a patient driver. Andrew says it’s because I have the racing mentality with everything I do.) I get really annoyed when I’m running and come to a red light. Especially the ones with the left hand turn signal. You’re waiting there forever.

Last night I went on a 7 mile run (thank you Tutu and STUFT Daddy for making that possible) and when I came to a red light, the only thing I could do to make myself feel better was take a self portrait.

You better believe all those cars waiting for that light were giving me weird looks. I kind of wanted to shout the news about my big running event coming up, but I held back.

I have to tell you, it wasn’t easy getting motivated for a run late in the evening, but man it felt good once I did it. Sometimes you just have to focus on how great it’s going to feel afterwards.

It did not, however, feel good to find this on my car upon returning home.

In case you can’t tell, those are some serious scratches on my driver’s side door. My little buddy Joaquin decided to “color” on mommy’s car with a rock (or a stick- he won’t really come clean about what was used) earlier in the day.

It’s okay to be jealous. I can send him on over if you need a little “coloring” done to your car.

I also have no memory left on my iPhone to take any more pictures. I keep just deleting a couple at a time. I need to do a clean sweep, but I’m just not ready. It’s even hard for me to delete the bad pictures. Why is that?

I did find this old Move of the Week video while I was looking through old pictures. We made it awhile back and I never shared it. How rude of me.

Today is your lucky day. The video and short and sweet (so is this post).

Here’s a really fun move to try at home.

Video Notes:

Yes, I know the boys are better at the move than me.

I’m fairly certain I haven’t shown you this video yet, but there’s a chance I posted it some time ago. Let’s just pretend it’s new, okay.

Come do 10 of these with us! You won’t be sorry!

And well, those notebooks from my post yesterday still haven’t been touched. Woo. Go me.

Today, my friends, today. I also owe a lot of people emails and comments. Hopefully that will happen today too.

The boys and I are off to the gym to teach a spin class and then I promised them a little stop at the playground afterwards.

I’m focusing on family first today (even before those notebooks).

Have a good one!

Comments

Erica says:

I love the video! Burpees with plank jacks are one of my favorite moves – they kill me but are just so ridiculousness effective!

Samantha says:

Great morning video. I am out of breath. It is funny how these little videos totally get me to do them. 🙂

Wow. Your boys are putting you through the ringer. No new car until maybe they are 18? Ha!

PS. I can pretty much eat the exact same thing for weeks on end and be perfectly happy doing so. Have a great day. Hey, the notebooks are there right? You never know when you might dip into them.

Sara says:

When I was first learning my ABCs, I wrote them on the side of my mom’s car. with a rock. She was impressed at my knowledge of my ABCs–but not how I decided to display it 🙂

I love the video!! And, the Cinnamon Crisp Bowls are genius.

Wowsers…..that’s some sandwhich! By the way, that’s my favorite bread too. Sorry about your car. 🙁 Check out what my little sweetie did last night (it’s at the bottom of the post). http://www.hungryhealthygirl.com/2012/09/12/missing-my-old-cup-of-joe-wiaw/
    I have the same problem with pictures and the iphone. I’ve started using my point and shoot camera because I’m so afraid to delete something I may want later,…..ridiculous. 😉

I forgot to tell you last time that I was excited you bought real eggs. I have 4 or 5 a day. Mmmm, eggs. Oh no, your car! When I was younger I broke a window with a basketball.

Funny…at first I was so sad for you and your car (thinking it was some prank kid) then I laughed when you said it was your child. Sorry 😉

So….I have a post about YOU today…does that just brighten your day? HA! But don’t feel like you owe me a comment/email or any thing…just loving your recipes and trying to share.

When my oldest was 3, he wanted my van to be red like his daddy’s jeep, so he spray painted my silver van bright red.

Girl I am so with you on the red lights – driving OR running. I get flat out, cursing mad when I have to just stand there waiting for car after car. Clearly I need to practice some relaxation techniques 😉

I have my phone set to automatically upload photos to dropbox, so you can delete from the phone without a worry. Maybe that would help you out?

Sara says:

please tell me more info on those special spin pants….my butt needs help! 🙂 I do spin about 4-5 times per week and I am feeling it!

Lisa says:

Ha ha, I despise red lights as well. I get anxious just sitting there.
    I’ve been loving the whole eggs with PB and homemade jam, absolutely delicious.
    Burpees with a plank jack are killer!

Plank jacks are one of my all time favorites! Love that move in my tabata routine too! Fun stuff!

Love those shoes too! We are shoe twins. If only mine would go as fast as yours! I swear my shoes now have a personality. Is that weird? I know they talk to me asking me to take them out for a run! I can’t even believe I love running now! Thanks to you!

I’m so sorry about your car!! Oh NO!! Good for you for having family time!!

Miz says:

whoa.
    I be off to BURPEE now.
    will I look like you then?!

Lesa says:

Oh You will absolutly LOVE the Probiotics!!! They are really wounderful for you all around health. I work at GNC in Michigan and use those too. I also love love love the welness vitapak…but also look into the all greens vegitarian vitapak cause that includes some good digestive enzymes in it also. But with the protien i do love my vanilla….but only because if i want choc. then ill add some of that deeee-lish hersheys Dark choc. cocoa powder or natural kind. But with vanilla you can really do wounders with!! 🙂

Lesa- I’m with you on the vanilla protein powder. There’s always chocolate that can be added. I’m loving the probiotics so far. You just reminded me to take mine. ha ha.