Friday Five- Will I?

Well shoot.

We made it through the night without any interruptions. Woo hoo! I did stay up a little later than planned though and still need to get back to a good bazillion emails and comments, get some new fun recipes and a workout video up on here and give out some amazing shoes (hint, hint),

but…….

today I’ve got a little “date” with my best friend Bob.

This just may have to be our break-up date. I feel like I’ve made the long trip up to LA too many times already and have inconvenienced my poor family enough while I go gallivanting about. I’m giving myself one last little shot with Team Bob.

I’m going armed with some gifts for “my boyfriend” and planning on begging for him to coach me through another CrossFit move on video like he did here. We’ll see if I can pull it off.

Some random eats.

That loaf of bread I showed you yesterday is gone. I froze the other half so I wouldn’t eat it all too quickly. That plan failed. I finished it the same way I started it, with a bunch of nut butters concoctions with my ultimate pear breakfast salad (minus the pear).

Um and yeah, I made the biggest sweet potato snack yesterday yet again.

Roasted sweet potato, peanut butter, Artisana Cocoa Bliss, a pear, low calorie peanut butter frosting and a new protein version of coconut cookie dough crumble. Oh I can’t wait to share that protein crumble with you. For now though, I’m just going to be a tease.

And…. in case you care, I like my roasted sweet potatoes like these cold. It tastes more like dessert that way. Magnificent. I you haven’t tried sweet potatoes with chocolate and peanut butter yet, you have to. My current addiction is all Katelyn’s fault.

Last night after the gym I was back to roasting up ton of vegetables at about 10:30 at night. Nice.

In the mix- roasted cauliflower, roasted brussel sprouts, broccoli slaw, serrano chilies and chicken. I seasoned them with all sorts of stuff, including a lot of garlic which I’m sure will impress today when I sweat it all out. Then I topped them with my non dairy “cheesy” sauce and Cholula.

Just darn fabulous.

Okay. Gotta go.

Five things I will do today:

I will have this pumpkin mocha again, but I think I’m going to try an iced version.

I will be on time for my workout date unlike last time. Oh that was a doozy.

I will shave my legs instead of wearing Pro Compression socks to cover them up (although the socks may be part of one of my outfits for the workouts).

I will hugs my boys a good ten times before I leave.

I will make the best out of every moment and every opportunity that comes my way today. This will include using my driving time to catch up with some friends I haven’t talked to in ages, whiten my teeth (I’m totally not kidding here) and figure out some ways to simplify my life. (If you’ve got any suggestions on the last one I’ll take them.)

What will you do today?

Comments

Sweet potatoes with coconut butter and sunbutter…..the best! I will go home after work and plop myself down on the couch with a glass of wine and watch Grey’s Anatomy. Have a great time with Bob!!

morgan says:

Just finished an early morning spin class, now @ the office for 9 hours, teaching a Zumba class right after work, then to the farm to dig fresh potatoes and home to make potato/celery/whatever veggies are left in the bottom drawer soup with my amazing best friend the Vitamix! I found your blog a few weeks ago and LOVE it. I make protein brownies/muffins every night for dessert (usually with almond milk ice cream!)! Every time I read one of your foodies- I get inspired to create something. Aweome!

I swear, you multi-task like no other! Be careful and have fun! I can’t wait to hear about your date with our man! Tell him I said “hi”. Hugs to you my friend!

Sable@SquatLikeALady says:

I tried a roasted sweet potato cold last night and omg it was amazing!! Great tip!

Jen says:

Mmmm absolutely love cold sweet potatoes with PB! Such a great dessert 🙂 You have me addicted to roasted veggies with chicken and hot sauce! I usually use frozen veggies for a money saver, but do you usually use fresh?

Have a bonfire and a couple of drinks with friends, entertain some kids before they head out to the Homecoming Football game tonight, run one to her ORTHO appt. and another to his Rabies shot appt., run 6 miles on this beautiful day and enjoy every minute of this awesome LIFE!

Samantha says:

Have a great day and let me know if you get any more life simplifying tips. 🙂

I still haven’t gotten any tips or answers. I keep waiting for them to come. LOL. You?

• Samantha says:

I swear, we are all searching for the same thing…

For me, I stopped making lists. Sounds risky I know, but I was adding stress to each day over things that weren’t all going to happen. No matter how many times I wrote them down. 🙂

I just found your blog and I love it!!!
    I already started my day off right with a 12 mile run! My last long run before my first half marathon. I plan to spend the rest of the day preparing for my 3 year old’s birthday party tomorrow and reminiscing about how fast 3 years have gone and remembering all the cute things he has done these past three years!
    The only tip I have regarding simplifying your life would be, “just say no!” You can’t be afraid to say no to something if you know it will cause stress and take away from family time.

Katie H. says:

Yum! I love sweet potatoes, but I don’t eat them often. I love the breakfast idea (in the linked post).

Stuft Mama-sounds like you need to learn to say NO! 🙂
    Hang in there!!!!

Your food looks so delicious! and give Bob a hug for me. I freaking love him. I hope you get him on video talking about the snatch. hehe.

I finally shaved my legs last night. Love when I’m training a client, look down, and say S#*% those things are darn hairy. HA! Today I’m taking a rest day and taking one tomorrow, because I’ve earned it. Have a beautiful Friday friend! xoxo

Diane says:

I have been making your coconut cookie crumble every freaking night and am so addicted! Last night I was a little low on my protein macro so I mixed in some GNC Amp Wheybolic Cookies & Cream with it and it was solid deliciousness!! Please keep posting your awesome dessert recipes, they are better than any others that I see out there, we clearly have the same type of sweet tooth. Thank you!!

Paula says:

Today I went to the gym to lift, got my haircut, went grocery shopping, cooked up a lot of chicken to stash in the freezer for later, and got in my daily guitar practice. That sweet potato pear combo looks great–I never thought to put those together. I’m anxious to see the protein version of the cookie dough crumble!

Lisa says:

Glad you got some rest through the night with no surprise wake-ups. Progress, right?
    Roasted sweet potato cold is pretty darn amazing! Especially with coconut butter melted on top. Oh or coconut oil melted with a little cocoa powder + stevia or protein powder and coconut oil. Holy moly, I think I need to make that for dessert:)
    Yes! Love the five things you will do today! I’ve been trying to simplify a bit by just meditating for a bit (just 5 minutes) in the morning, and I swear it does wonders for the mind and relaxation! If you haven’t tried it, you definitely should! It takes practice and patience, but my mindset always changes after I just sit with myself for a few minutes. Happy Friday!

That smoothie looks amazing!! I can’t already tell it’s going to become a new favorite.