We’re Here! What’s in the Bag?

Yep! We made it. My Mizuno shoes,

my new Yurbuds,

three pairs of Pro Compression socks

some Handful bras (with extra pads)

and well, a whole bunch of random food and such.

Yes, I’m only here for a night, but you never know friends. Obviously I have a tendency to over pack (and overeat the entire two weeks before a big race).

In the bag: Nuun, GU, GNC probiotics, Cholula, The Chia Company Chia shots, PB2 packets, red pepper, Good Earth Tea, Clif MOJO, Luna and a Builder’s Bar.

You know what else I have?

Ha ha. Yes I did bring my own jalapeños although it might not be the best choice to have them before the big race tomorrow. We’ll see.

Unfortunately, my banana I had intended to eat tomorrow morning didn’t quite make it.

Who packs a ripe banana in an already stuffed purse? What was I thinking?

Saying bye to the boys this morning was so much harder than I thought. I know it’s only one day, but I’m such a homebody. I miss them already. At least I left them with more than enough green gobblin’ muffins. Who knows what else they’ll eat while I’m gone, but at least I know they’ll get some bananas and spinach. Ha ha.

The boys and Turk gave me a good send off this morning.

So did Kitty.

Nice, huh?

In true Kristin fashion I barely made it to the airport in time, but got on the flight with 10 minutes to spare and made it safe and sound in San Fran to find my first of many strangers to take my picture.

Like my outfit? Judah asked why I was wearing my pajamas on an airplane. Hmmm….

Okay, well, as much as I really want to just lay here and take a quick nap, I’m off to check out the huge Nike Women’s Marathon expo, meet some fun FitFluential friends, find the YurBuds booth to get my cool racing shirt and find some freaking Starbucks (not necessarily in that order).

I better get out of my “pajamas” first and try to make myself look presentable.

See you soon!

Please tell me I’m not the only one who over packs or packs random things.

Comments

Beth Petrassi says:

You should see my bags when I travel!! I mean, I bring enough stuff for a full change of clothes for twice a day (good thing I only wear work out clothes for everything) and enough random food for basically a small village (I am never sure what I might be in the mood for and I have learned to not like “airport” choices) – I also have been know to bring play dough on a plane (I don’t know if it would get through security now) but I am a very anxious traveler and it helps to keep my hands busy. My poor husband wants me to travel with him, but when I remind him of ALL of my idiosyncrasies – packing and otherwise – he just shakes his head and packs his own bag only allowing me to fold his clothes (I am an awesome clothes folder – it’s my superpower). Good luck, have fun, and so jealous of you – !!!

I feel the same way about leaving my guys behind! At least it’s not too long! Have a great trip and good luck tomorrow! My Mizunos did so well for me today!

I’ve done the smushed banana thing before traveling to a race, too. 🙂 Have the best time meeting everyone and running together… totally jealous of you all!! By the way, you have the same mannerisms of one of my best college friends (always dashing out the door, always cute and put together anyway, superhero cardio and strength abilities)- it makes me feel like I’ve met you, even though I haven’t, because you two are so much alike. And she’s awesome. 🙂

debbie says:

GOOD LUCK! You’ll be GREAT!

Samantha says:

One can never over pack food in my opinion. You look great! I know your race will go well.

Dawn says:

Go get em Kristen! You rock! Love the pj’s!

You’re all ready to go! You need special socks that say “Powered by Peppers!”

Supeer…yep that’s it…just plain supeer!
    Stuft. Up. Peppers.Equals Exciting. Run! See you are SUPEER!

(And I am delirious….I need to go to bed! hA!)

Have a good race!!

Love your mizunos and your “pajamas”! Have fun! Can’t wait to hear about the race!

Susi Hansen says:

Hey Kristen–when I went to NC 2 wks ago I SOOO tried to pack light–carry suitcase and backpack instead of a purse—so I could have my laptop. The darn backpack was heavier than the luggage!! I wish I could s picture of my burned squash noodles for you–you are not the only one who burns their food! I have a good excuse: petsitting at house and not use to their oven? Does that count? Good fortune on the race—go fir the money!!! Prayers are with you.

Jade says:

So unfortunate about the banana. Good thing you packed so much other stuff! Good luck/hope the race was great!

Good luck!! I’m excited to meet you next weekend–thanks for the traavel snack reminders!

Carli says:

If it fits in one bag it is not over packing! And I would have worn the same thing on the plane. Must be comfy!

meghan says:

Good luck!!! Can’t wait to hear how it goes. I love those shoes. I wanted them so much, but I overpronate and they told me those shoes wouldn’t be good for me and my marathon training. Oh well. I ended up with some other pretty purple ones, so I guess it’s okay.

I hope you had fun. Can’t wait for a recap! 🙂

Jacqueline says:

It was so nice meeting you last night. I really like your blog & I’m stoked to follow you. Great job today!

Woo woo, congrats on an awesome race [saw on IG] 😀 You totally deserve hopping back into those “pajamas” for days now!

I am so excited for you! And.. your egg white, pear, cinnamon sandwich- I am totally addicted to it! It was post long run snack yesterday and dinner today! Sooo good! I use the flat outs that fold over for the bread. So yummy!

Sue says:

Hey I wouldn’t mind travelling in that teal outfit – looks uber comfy and when I travel, that ranks above being vain.

Miz says: