I Work Well Under Pressure

Um, yeah. I haven’t started packing for my trip yet. I leave tonight. Isn’t that lovely?

So….. things are going to be mighty coo coo here today.

I have a feeling there will be more than one STUFT salted caramel mocha in the next 12 hours or so.

This one is my first.

Yesterday I taught a couple classes- BOSU and boot camp, but no running. I’m hoping to go for a little treadmill run this morning after my spin class. We’ll see how my legs feel.

Here’s some fun pictures from yesterday. The boys are starting to be quite the little helpers in the kitchen. We prepped creamy dreamy ice cream.

The tried to cut and spin romaine lettuce, but somehow the lettuce spinner was turned into two fireman hats.

We eventually got to the lettuce spinning.

With a little help from Kitty of course.

Darn those eye boogers.

I proceeded to eat an entire spaghetti squash by myself. I ate it sweet spaghetti squash style with PB2, sugar free jelly, cinnamon, Naturally More and good ness knows what else.

Okay friends. I have about 15 minutes to be out the door for spin. I’m bracing myself for one heck of a crazy day. And I need to remember to go to the store for nutritional yeast for my trip. I’m out and not about to go empty handed. Ha.

I’ll see you either at the airport or on the other side of the country for the Runner’s World Half Marathon and Festival.

Weeeee……..

Does anyone else leave packing until the last minute also?

Comments

#1 I think this is the shortest post you’ve ever written.
    #2 I’m totally making that squash

I always pack at the last minute. I think it’s easier because I don’t have to wait to pack things like toiletries and my pillow. Yes, I bring my pillow on all my trips. I can’t sleep without it!

Sandy says:

I love the cat, love the twins and you are one awesome Mom! I used to leave the unpacking for later and then the suitcase would sit in my bedroom for a week so I now make it a point to unpack the minute that I get home no matter how tired I am. Have a great trip and I can’t wait to hear about your half!

I pack like my entire closet but wait until the last minute to decide what I’m actually taking. I’m horrible that way. Also- I feel like your cat could kill me.

Samantha says:

I always pack last minute and I don’t even have toddlers as an excuse!

Have a great time at the runner world 1/2 marathon! By the way, if you do that kabocha squash again, toast the seeds if you didn’t. 🙂

You are SO busy right now! Hang in there.

Nicole says:

Yes! I’m leaving tomorrow evening after work for a trip to Seattle for four days (throwing my sis-in-law and brother a baby shower! Wheee! She’s expecting TWINS!!). I haven’t even thought of packing yet. Though, I’ve looked at the weather about a dozen times. If I pack too soon, then I end up packing too much….I OVER plan! Enjoy your trip – safe travels to you!

Kanoe says:

HEHE I always wait until the last minute to pack & I also don’t have toddlers… I’m just a really bad procrastinator LOL! The spaghetti squash looks yummy & I need to try it that way. Sweet & savory hmmm LOL! Enjoy the 1/2 marathon in PA!

Agreed..shortest post ever…didn’t think you could do it but you showed me didn’t you! HAHAHA

Have another great weekend and run…..

I am cheering you on…Go Kristen..Go GO Go Kristen….You can DO it!! WooHOO!! There now I am outta here!

Linda says:

Have another great run!! No, I’m not a procrastinator. I make lists, plan, prepare, obsess and ultimately drive myself crazy!!

Beth Petrassi says:

Umm – my sister makes fun of me because I pack 6 weeks in advance of any trip and then spend the 6 weeks unpacking and repacking and unpacking and repacking and always end up forgetting stuff anyway (because I know I packed it, but then must’ve unpacked it and forgot to repack it). I think I mentioned in another message that I am a nervous traveller – yeah, I have “issues”. Anyway – have fun and can’t wait to hear of your big adventure!!

I have a spaghetti squash that is in my fruit bowl on my counter. Maybe I’ll use 1/2 for savory and 1/2 for sweet. You post so many pictures of your sweet bowl, that it’s tempting me to try it out. HA! Safe travels busy woman. 🙂

I’m a total procrastinator when it comes to packing, I always leave it to the very last minute! Have a great time 🙂

I think you, your kids, and that cat of yours cheer me up every time when I’m feeling down in the dumps. The joy in your little boys’ faces — priceless.

ps that coffee drink is happening for dessert! <3

I’ve been doing that more and more – hope you got out the door on time today! Have a fun race this weekend. 🙂

whoa, i want to come to that hat party! 🙂 okay, i’m a new reader so will prolly say wat u’ve heard all the time…oh my goodness, that shot of ur cat is slightly scary! hehe. i hope u’re off to have a wonderful trip and get some running in too! 🙂

Sarah says:

You’re cat looks so angry!! Have fun this weekend!!

Your cat is too funny! I’m a total procrastinator when it comes to packing, too! Also, your salted caramel mocha looks AMAZING!

Seriously, your kitty cracks me the heck up!!!

And yes…I usually pack the night before, but with two kids, it continues until the moment we leave. ALWAYS. And there’s always the moment you realize you forgot something important…

Last minute packing used to make me cringe and now I find myself doing it more and more when I travel!