Blogging From PA

Hello!

I’m here. I’m in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania with FitFluential and Runner’s World. Um, and yeah, my last post was pretty pathetic. Not only was it the shortest post ever, but there were quite a few spelling errors. I’m not even going to go fix them because the post was just that bad. Nice.

Yesterday’s workout:

taught a spin class

6 slow treadmill miles

So, after procrastinating all day yesterday, eating an entire kabocha squash and way too much ice cream dream protein frosting, PB2 and almond butter, I finally started packing. I couldn’t decide what running and racing outfits to bring, etc. so I just got out a rather large extra bag and brought pretty much all my clothes. Well, that’s not true, I brought everything except for warm pants and a jacket.

I have six Handful sports bras, six pairs of Pro Compression socks, and three pairs of Mizuno shoes, but no warm pants. I’m so smart.

(Quick side note- the internet connection here is SLOW. This blogging from the hotel room business might be a little more difficult than I thought.)

After very tearful goodbye to my men  I took a red eye flight to Washington DC and hung out there for a couple hours with my cool inflatable neck pillow.

photo

Then I had a little jet ride to Allentown, PA.

photo

First time on a red eye. Not my favorite. Not feeling to hot to trot at the moment. Oh well, at least I have a couple days to get my game face on.

photo

And try to track down some warmer casual shoes. Oops. My toes are not only ugly here, but pretty darn cold.

I did a little research before I left to find out that there was a Panera within walking distance from the hotel. I was on my way there so fast it wasn’t even funny.

photo

Don’t worry. The lady at the front desk informed me it was safe to walk on the shoulder of the major highway.

photo

I picked up a whole grain bagel, a soy latte and a Thai chicken salad (with everything on the side) for later.

photo

Do you see that? I know, I don’t have warm shoes or pants, but I did bring PB2, GNC vanilla egg protein powder and lots of chia to make up my own concoctions in the hotel room.

Ha ha.

Look at my stash.

I’m not even going to list it all. I don’t want to bore you.

And……. then I got this.

Oh yes, my FAVORITE RUNNING SHOE COMPANY sent over some special racing goodies to the hotel for me for this special weekend.

At least someone was looking out for me to keep me warm. How awesome is that?

I’ll show you all the pieces later. Heck I’ll probably be wearing them all freaking weekend.

Thank you Mizuno for my special gift!

Okay, I’m off to go log a couple miles and stretch out my legs a bit. It’s probably going to be a bit like sleep jogging since I can barely keep my eyes open, but hey, I’ve got to make the best use of my time.

See you soon!

Comments

Holly says:

I keep reading your blogs hoping to be inspired to run again someday. Anyway, the guy in your airport photo made me laugh. Does he think you are famous? Is he mugging for your camera?

bethp262 says:

Did flat kitty come with you? 🙂

Kat says:

awesome sauce! Wish I was able to make it up there this weekend!

HA! I noticed that guys look too…I think he is trying to figure out if he is in the presence of a celebrity..and yes, yes….he is!

😉

Nice Mizuno gear…they know how to treat their ambassadors don’t they? Maybe some day I can be an ambassador for some thing cool like that….or a self serve yogurt bar …free yogurt yes please!

Welcome to PA!! So fun!! Looking forward to seeing your adventures?

How sweet of Mizuno!! Have fun!

Susan says:

Wish I knew you had a layover in DC – I would have LOVED to play hookie (sp???) from school and kept you company!!! Have a GREAT time and a GREAT race!!

LOVE Panera!! The good thing about traveling to races without kids is you can sleep without them waking you up all night. I don’t know about your kids but mine never sleep well in hotels.

Dang those are some amazing goodies from Mizuno!!! Looks like you’re set! Enjoy your run and get some rest.

I wish we could meet up while you were on the East Coast! Cheering for you girl!!

Sasha says:

You go with your bad self and traveling to run races for major companies! So awesome!! Love that Mizuno sent stuff to your hotel – so well planned.

Have a great trip and I can’t wait to hear the rest of your adventures and about your race! Get some rest. 🙂

Agree that red eye flights suck…in theory you think that sure, you’ll just sleep and you aren’t wasting a day by traveling but in the end, you realize that wait, we’re not 21 anymore and trying to get a proper night rest on a plane just doesn’t work. Ha.

I can just imagine you walking around with that neck pillow asking strangers to take your picture. You better find a place to get your pizza!

lorie says:

The guy in the airport is probably saying……give me that neck pillow it matches my jacket! Good luck I am sure you are going to do even better in this race. Oh and you are wearing what I like to call my uniform. haha!

I love it – packed the PB2 but not the appropriate shoes for the weather. All about priorities right??!! I always try to scope out all the available restaurants right near my hotel too. Glad you had a safe trip there!

Good luck this weekend!! I’m sure you’ll do amazing as usual!

Samantha says:

Oh gosh I laughed. Yes, the food essentials must be covered! And walking down the highway…awesome. The lengths one will go for food!

All the comments about the guy in the photo! I was going to answer each one…but they each got more funny.

Have a great night! I am kind of jealous you are traveling, although I know you miss your family.

I’m glad Mizuno hooked you up! You’re not in CA anymore. It’s cold on the East Coast! 😉 Go get some rest!

How nice of the peeps at Mizuno! I absolutely love your travel food – too funny!

Jenn says:

How did the airlines let you carry that much “liquid” or food on the plane!? So jealous! haha

morgan says:

your packing foodie bags warms my heart! planning ahead to my next trip & i found the individual chia shots & pb2 online- thanks 🙂 i can’t go anywhere without my essentials, the hubs calls it the “bag O food”, such as Braggs aminos in a spray bottle, oatmeal, whey protein packs…why not be totally @ home when you travel? it makes life so much better! happy running 🙂

Did you know I lived in Allentown, PA for a few months when I was a kid? My dad used to work at Lehigh, which is also there. Too bad i wasn’t a runner back then, i didn’t realize I was in the mecca!

And SCORE from mizuno – I love that they shipped you goodise! Very cool!

Welcome to the east coast! It’s so gross out today, but the weekend is supposed to be gorgeous! Enjoy the weekend with the FitFluential crew, the changing leaves, and good luck. Happy Friday! 🙂

Vanessa says:

Enjoy the area, so much to do, I love it here! Not running in the race this weekend but have a great time, I’ll be cheering for ya!

Melissa says:

Ah, these are all my token travel habits–packing food but not appropriate clothes, walking on roads that weren’t meant to be walked on, taking awkward selfies in public places. Good work, lady! 🙂 Have a great time this weekend. And, oh? Mizuno? So nice!

SkinnyRunner says:

im jealous 🙂 have a fun weekend, looks like a rad event and race!

Janet says:

SO AWESOME!!! Excited for you and thank you for sharing this adventure!! I always have my stash, too, bags of pre-measured protein powder, bars, etc! I’m glad I’m not the only cooky one! I <3 Mizuno! That is so cool that they sent you a package w/goodies! Have FUNNNNN and run your little (very little) tail off! Go girl!!!

Bridget says:

miss you already! have fun!!

1. […] even begin to do it justice right now at 10:00 pm, especially since I’m still recovering from my red eye flight. Not to mention I have a 5K and 10K tomorrow and then a half marathon Sunday. What the heck am I […]

2. […] Mizuno shirt is one that was in the special package they sent to the hotel. Um, yeah, I love Mizuno THAT much and the Mizuno people are THAT […]

3. […] was sent a pair of the warmers and the gloves a couple months ago when I was in Pennsylvania for the Runner’s World Half Marathon. I never had […]