We’re All Winners- Get After This Paleo Friendly Muffin

Good morning. Did you do the Halloween thing last night?

We did.

2012-10-31 16.49.472012-10-31 16.51.012012-10-31 19.12.37

It was so much fun. The boys sported their “workout shoes” (Reebok Mini Real Flex Transition 2.0 shoes) to make sure their feet could handle all the walking.

We actually went trick-or-treating with a big family group, but the boys didn’t cooperate for the picture. Go figure.

2012-10-31 18.35.50

Who knows where Joaquin was.

I almost skipped out on trying to write a post this morning because I have a million other things to do. Not to mention I’m recovering a bit from a few too many stolen candies from the boys. I told myself I was just going to have one, but that turned into way too many and I’m feeling it today for sure. Darn candy.

I’m welcoming a new month and a new start big time right now. Since October was whirlwind and I never really got to focus on some personal goals, etc. THIS is the month. I’m not traveling and not racing except for a little race next weekend so it’s time to buckle down, focus on clean eating and make some Mezamashii Mommyhood Project goals.

More on that later. I’m sure you’re just here to see who won the shirts.

I used Random.org to choose the Reebok Get After It Tee winners.

The winners are:

#129 Melody

#15 Kristin Miller

#103 Caitlin

#31 Jill

Congrats ladies. Unfortunately, I only have two female tees and two male tees. First come first serve. Email me (kristin@stuftfitness.com) your information and I’ll get the shirts out to you! Woo hoo!

Okay, so I really want everyone to feel like a winner today, so I should share my new microwave muffin recipe. I’m really focusing on a few dietary changes this month. Not just for me, but for the family a bit too. We’ve been so busy and have all been eating too much packaged food. It is not good. I can’t tell you how many Costco animal cookies I’ve eating in the past two weeks. Those things are dangerous!

Anyhoo….

I saw a version of this microwave muffin recipe somewhere online the other day and of course I had to play with it a bit.

It’s paleo friendly, doesn’t have any added sugar or sugar substitute, is easy to throw together and is just a winner all around.

Yes. It’s that easy.

It’s also that delicious, even just by itself.

You don’t need to add anything, but I’m sure it would be great with a little cinnamon or almond extract added in. It would also be great topped with nut butter, but I haven’t tried that yet. So many things to do to this little gem.

I just ate one this morning again with my breakfast.

In the bowl: spinach, one egg, 1/2 cup egg whites (seasoned with Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning and Bagel Spice) topped with just a little crushed red pepper, Cholula and nutritional yeast.

See you later alligator! Enjoy your Thursday.

Did anyone else indulge a little in Halloween candy last night? I hope I’m not the only one not feeling too hot to trot this morning.

Comments

Just a little red pepper?! haha. And um, yes please! I am definitely making this muffin, I just need to get some applesauce!

Jamie in Arkansas says:

Kristin! That muffin looks like a clean winner! Can’t wait to try this one! Thanks!

Allie says:

The boys are so adorable! That muffin looks extremely good, I think I’m going to have to buckle down and buy coconut oil so I can try this and a billion other recipes I’ve come across. Don’t feel too bad, I had one too many Halloween treats last night too. I was paying for it on my run this morning. Oh well, it comes once a year, right? ;)

So, is it like a sweet muffin or a roll? Sounds good to me! You know I’m loving the quick microwave treats these days! Easy, quick and delicious!

I feel like it’s a cross between a muffin and a biscuit kind of. A little sweet, but nutty with the almond flour. I really like it. :) I know, anything easy and quick, right?

Sara Grambusch says:

I never tire seeing all your red pepper. I’d explode.

Janet says:

Perfect timing- my daughter is needing a new muffin to eat since we eat your chocolate/pumpkin ones almost everyday! She eats hers for breakfast! Can’t wait to try this one~ thanks so much!

Katelyn says:

You just made me so stinkin happy. Making this the second I’m home from this math class!!

I’m excited to try out that muffin!
    I had a few pieces of candy last night too. Oh well! It’s probably 1 of 2 days of the year I eat that kind of stuff (Easter too : )

The boys are too cute in their costumes!!! I’m so glad this muffin doesn’t have pumpkin. I’m already too orange!

Emily Butler says:

OH MY GOODNESS, HOWWWW do you eat that much red pepper flakes, I would die.

Andrea S. says:

Read this post… had all the ingredients for the muffin so I swiftly leaped off the couch to make it… currently eating it and it’s HUGE and GENIUS!!! Thank you for this little delight!!!

I think I am going to try your muffin recipe tomorrow morning! It looks so good! We have WAY too much candy leftover at our house, it is too tempting! :)

Anna W. says:

a big thanks for the muffin recipe!! can’t wait to make her!

Angelica says:

Hi Kristin! I just made your mug cake and it turned out amazing. I used 3 tablespoons of Trader Joe’s Pear Sauce, 3 tablespoons of water instead of milk, and added a ton of cinnamon. Also added 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar for the sweetness. I’m out of eggs and milk right now, but it still turned out amazing. It was more like a tasty crumb cake. Thanks for the recipe. I’m always looking for a good mug cake recipe.