I know, right? STUFT Daddy is off work for 10 days starting today. I feel like we just had a staycation, don’t you?
That’s right. I already had to order more. We got this delivered to our door step yesterday.
What can I say? We love our egg white jugs. That muscle chicken is starting to grow on us too. Ha.
You too can have some huge jugs like these. Just click here to order them online.
Disclaimer- It’s an affiliate link that I set up since I order them so often. I’m raking in the dough and have a whopping $7 credit. Score.
I got a little something else in the mail the other day too.
Oh yes. I got the new Pro Compression argyles. I wore the blue ones yesterday to the gym.
And then to teach a PE class and then back to teach a few more classes at the Y. Ha ha.
I’m not sure how long the discount code for 40% off compression socks is good for, but check out this post for the details.
I’m not sporting any today, but did manage to sweat a good 9 miles on the treadmill at the gym after we had a little family breakfast.
Oh and hey, totally random, but I know you office working people might be a little jealous of my view during my “office hours”.
I even have The Ellen Show in the background. Living the life.
It looks a little better today actually.
Mmmm…. sweet spaghetti squash. Today’s toppings:
Tomorrow it’ll be back to kabocha squash. I picked up a few from Smart and Final last night.
We needed a few necessities.
So… on to running.
I’m leaning towards running with the boys on Sunday. It will be a spur of the moment decision I’m sure. We’ll see what happens and what kind of mood everyone is in on the car ride to the race. Ha.
I mentioned briefly about the clinic we attended at the Runner’s World Half Marathon and Festival, but never really passes along the information.
We learned four main points about running form from the CEO of Altra Footwear, Golden.
Here are the four main tips he gave us. Forgive me if they seem kind of pieced together, but I’m going off notes I took on my iPhone.
1- Forward Momentum Posture
- Gravity is your friend. Lean forward.
- Set your posture when you feel like it’s starting to get off. “Reach for the moon”.
I’ve tried this in my last race and I do feel like it helped to reset my posture a bit. I don’t have a picture, but while you’re running reach both arms up towards the sky slightly in front of you. It helps friends. It also either impresses or intimidates those racing close to you. Ha ha.
2- Compact Arm Swing
- Keep your elbows at or behind your hips, not in front and keep your arms in.
- Palms face each other.
- When you feel like you want to go faster brings your arms back and “pop”. Think about bringing your elbows back and towards each other like “chicken wings”.
- Keep your fists high and don’t let them cross the midline of your body. (This one always makes me think of Phoebe from Friends and her running form. Has anyone seen that episode? She does NOT have a compact arm swing.)
3- Land Over Bent Knee
- You don’t really want to think about foot strike or where your foot “should” be landing. Just land OVER a bent knee. Your foot should land UNDER your body.
- Run quietly.
- Just keep your knees bent and let your foot strike the ground naturally.
4- Higher Cadence
- You want to run 170-190 steps per minute. An easy test is to do a 20 second “cadence test”. Count one leg for 20 seconds and you should get around 30.
- Height and speed don’t have an effect on cadence.
- When your cadence picks up, the impact reduces. That’s always a good thing.
Woo hoo! I finally got some useful information to you besides a million and one squash pictures as of late.
Since I’ll probably be eating pizza for the dinner the next few nights I might finally be getting that recipe to you too. Ha ha.
What are your plans for the weekend?