Well, New Years Eve It Is- Some STUFT Stuff and a Protein Frosting Video

Good morning.

Holy smokes. New Years Eve.

Crazy.

I still need to clear my head a bit and get some goals in place so this will be short.

Workout yesterday-

3.5 miles on the treadmill

I’m currently drinking straight black coffee for the first time ever. No sweetener, nothing. Not a big fan, but thought I’d try something new.

photo

At least it’s in a cute mug. Ha.

Any black coffee drinkers out there?

Let’s see. What when on yesterday. Not a whole lot.

We did laundry.

We were all clearly excited about it.

photo

Really excited.

We tried out different ways to use the new trampoline the boys got for their birthday.

photo

Um….. that looks safe.

Last night we had a little visit from our new friend the “Goggle Man”.

photo

He he. “Goggle Man” makes me smile.

Some random eats.

I made my new microwave English muffin the other day for my breakfast STUFTwich. I was in a rush and forgot the light butter.

2012-12-29 07.33.03

Um. It was a little dry. Don’t forget the butter.

We really like this low fat dressing. I’m picky about salad dressings and usually make my own, but this is a good one for an Italian type salad, even STUFT Daddy likes it.

We had leftover pizza again last night, but since I ate all mine I went for this Roasted Vegetable Pizza from Trader Joe’s.

photo

It’s definitely one of my favorite non dairy ones.

Oh and yesterday’s breakfast was a little out of control.

Yep. The ultimate pear breakfast salad (made with an apple instead of a pear) with roasted kabocha squash and vanilla protein frosting, PB2 and Naturally More peanut butter.

Holy Smokes.

It was one heck of a way to start a Sunday.

I had a crazy idea that I was going to get a chance to look at a few magazine while the boys played outside.

Um, yeah. That didn’t happen. It was wet and cold and we were inside about 30 seconds after I took this picture. Ha.

But….

I remembered we made a video earlier this month with this GNC vanilla dream protein frosting.

Since I put in on my squash or whatever else I eat pretty much daily, I thought I’d share.

It’s just darn amazing. Two ingredients. You really don’t even have to measure.

Come in the kitchen with us for a few minutes just one more time in 2012, yes?

Our last little kitchen video of 2012.

Okay friends. I’ve got a little run to do today and a spin class to teach. The rest of the day I’m taking some time to get focused on the new year and some serious changes I want to make. There are quite a few, a lot of them having to do with my new promotion. I need to step it up, refocus and slow down.

And…. since 2013 is going to be the year of surprising ourselves, I better get my journals ready. Ha ha. Do you have yours?

Have a wonderful day!

Any big plans for the night?

We’re hoping to sit and drink wine on the couch with some take out once the boys are in bed. We’re wild over here.

Comments

Ren says:

Gotta make that frosting! And a happy new year to you and your family!

Anna W. says:

I used to HATE black coffee, but I slowly got used to it and now LOVE it! Must be extra-strong, though. Happy new year, Kristin!

Sherry says:

Happy new year to you and your lovely family, Kristen !! I love when your boys are in your videos. I love the one playing with the knives this time … Although the one obsessed the with syrup bottle is pretty funny, too.

Char says:

I drink coffee black sometimes, when I’m lazy. It takes getting used to! One thing I ABSOLUTELY have to do if I drink it black is make it with cinnamon. Makes a world of difference! Our NYE plans sound about the exact same! We have a teething little guy here so hoping for some wine & movie time after he goes to bed.

Love love love your videos. What kind of syrup did you use that time? I am very picky about vanilla protein powders but I’m always so tempted to give that one a try after coming to your blog. I don’t need anymore right now though!! Will have to put it on my list. :D

jennifer says:

I am kicking off the new year witg a long run early in the morning so I will be in bed early tonight!

Samantha says:

I actually love black coffee so much I have to cut myself off completely. I do better with a shocking amount of tea. Coffee makes me far more productive, but the addiction is a pain in the rear.

I am even doing some New Year goals for 2013. This is unheard of for me, I don’t like putting stuff out there and then failing. :) (Because life isn’t stressful enough).

Have a great New Years! Your blog was a good find for me for 2012!

Breanna says:

I don’t really drink coffee that often, but when I do I drink it black. You’ll get used to it and then when you go back to add sweeteners it will probably taste really sweet! Stick it out with black coffee for a month and you’ll get used to it. Good Luck and Happy New Year! Takeout and wine with your husband sounds like a great night to me – enjoy. :)

Black coffee! YUK! Sorry I tried it once and never again!! I always have it with my sugar free french vanilla creamer…YUM!

Kind of a quiet evening around here too…I will probably be to bed before 10 PM per usual. ;-)

Leanne says:

Happy New Year! I can’t live without my coffee. I have never tried it just straight black. I usually add creamer to it and the kind that has sugar in it, and I like to try different flavors. Hey you only live once. I only have one to two cups a day anyway. This year we are actually going to a New Years party. I hope I make it till midnight. I usually do not. I am also 7 months pregnant, so we will see. I am just thankful to have my husband home with my this year. He was on his 4th deployment last new years, so it will be a treat! Enjoy your wine :)

Happy New Years Eve! The black coffee thing is a learning curve, I used to be a die-hard sweet n’ low user & just went cold turkey. Now it’s either coconut milk or plain! I think we’re on the same plan as the Stufts for NYE…wine on the couch. Enjoy Mama! ;)

That trampoline they have is awesome! I haven’t seen one like it before but it looks like something we could possibly get my godson in the future…My husband and I are just going out for dinner with some friends tonight and then hanging out at their place with a few other people–we’ll play some games and I’m hoping I have a glass of wine in my hand too :)

lindsay says:

i love your little videos with the kiddos. Even though they are way distracting they make the video EVEN BETTER!

Jessica Jones says:

I love that one of the boys can bite you and you don’t even flinch!;D

Joy says:

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family, Kristen. I look forward to many more workout videos (and I love the kitchen videos, too!) in 2013.

My new year’s eve is very quiet…just hanging out with my husband, thinking about goals for the new year and going to bed early-ish to start the new year off well rested.

Hope you had a wonderful quiet evening last night Joy. And yes, one of my goals is to do more workout videos this year. Let me know if you have some requests. ;)

I love your videos with your kiddos!! I can’t wait to hear what changes you are making. I have been trying to unplug more and be present more in my daily life. I need to make changes too to keep me from being so busy all the stinking time!

Happy New Year! I want to try some of your crazy recipes. They are so intriguing!

1. [...] I try to get creative. I also appreciate my almondmilk lattes even more so after attempting to be a black coffee drinker for approximately 48 [...]

2. [...] She had us at “protein frosting.” —Stuft Mama [...]

3. [...] since we’re talking GNC and all today, in addition to making this protein frosting every single day (and usually putting it on some roasted kabocha squash), I’ve obviously been [...]