Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Coconut Almond Latte

poulan chainsaw diagram

mcculloch 335 chainsaw parts So Friday mornings are the official start to the weekend around the STUFT house. Andrew is off work and if I’m not heading out for a run, we like to take things slow and enjoy the morning. Sometimes I even try to impress and make some pumpkin mocha drinks.

husqvarna 65 chainsaw specs Since it’s a new year and all, I felt like it was time to step things up around here. I don’t know about you, but these winter months make me love hot coffee drinks even more so than usual. There are certain days that I’m already thinking about what kind of latte drink I’m going to make the minute I get out of bed. I’m not even kidding. The minute I hear Judah say “Mommy it’s light outside” I’m usually thinking about coffee. I hope I’m not alone on that one.

pferd chainsaw files Since I can’t have the same boring drink every day I try to get creative. I also must say that I appreciate my almondmilk lattes even more so after attempting to be a black coffee drinker for approximately 48 hours.

I like to change up the flavors with different syrups and such, but I always use the same Silk Pure Almond® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk. Seriously, I buy this stuff in bulk.

almond milk fridge

Ha ha. Yes, I hoard kabocha squash and almondmilk.

If we’re down to the last carton (which actually happened earlier this week) I make an emergency trip to the store so we don’t officially run out. That would just not be pretty sight over here.

You know what is a pretty sight though? My two loves- Silk and sock monkeys.

silk sock monkey

Ha ha.

Before I get to the new little pumpkin latte recipe, I thought I’d share the reasons why I’m obsessed with this particular almondmilk.

I’ve been trying to stay away from dairy as much as possible and this is the lowest calorie nondairy option around. It’s only 30 calories per cup and even compared to nonfat cow’s milk it has less than half the calories. (Nonfat milk has 80 calories per cup and it’s not nearly as thick and creamy.)

Almondmilk also has 50% more calcium than dairy milk which is key since I don’t get much calcium from many other sources while limiting dairy.

The taste is smooth and delicious and it can pretty much be used as a substitute for cow’s milk in any recipe. My favorite thing to make with it is my Creamy Dreamy Ice Cream. Surprise surprise.

Anyhoo…

You can find the other Silk flavors and varieties and check out the exact nutritional information here. They’ve got a lot great products.

Okay. Are you ready for the new drink?

Well that’s just silly. Of course you are.

I’ve taste tested this many times over the past month or so and it’s THAT good every single time. The title might be a mouthful, but once you try this drink, you’ll understand why.

image

best professional chainsaws Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Coconut Almond Latte

Ingredients:

Prepared espresso (options listed below)

¼ cup canned pumpkin

¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder

1 tablespoon coconut flavored syrup (regular or sugar free)

1 tablespoon almond flavored syrup (regular or sugar free)

1 ¼ cup Silk Pure Almond® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk

Sliced almonds (optional, for garnish)

Flaked coconut (optional, for garnish)

Nutmeg (optional, for garnish)

Directions:

Prepare espresso. You can use a stovetop espresso maker or 1-3 teaspoons of instant espresso with ¼ cup hot water. Pour into large mug.

Stir in the dark cocoa powder and flavored syrups.

Heat the 1/4 of cup pumpkin in a small microwave safe dish for 20-30 seconds. Add the pumpkin to the espresso mixture.

Heat the almondmilk. I usually heat mine in the microwave for 3:33 minutes. I’d say around 3 minutes is safe, but our microwave is old and I have a weird number thing going on that I won’t bore you with at the moment.

Froth the almondmilk with a handheld mixer (optional). Pour almondmilk into the mug with the other ingredients.

Garnish with sliced almonds, flaked coconut and a sprinkle of nutmeg. (optional)

silk latte 2

Yep. That’s it friends. It will make the morning, the start to your weekend or the afternoon (if that’s more your style) just darn delightful. You know what makes it even better?

This little gem is only 158 calories. (Does not include the optional garnishes.)

image

[source]

If you make the sugar free version, the entire serving is just 78 calories.

image

[source]

I know, it’s almost too good to be true.

By the way, did you know a nonfat grande mocha from Starbucks without any whipped cream is 232 calories, 43 grams of carbohydrates and 33 grams of sugar? [source]

Holy smokes. That’s a lot for those grande drinks that seems so small these days.

I think you should save your money and your calories and make this Silk version instead.

We’re on a little bit of a budget for the new year so we’ll be making all our own latte drinks here for awhile. I think you should join us.

As Joaquin would say, “Do you think that would be a great idea?”

Yes, yes I do.

You can find out more about this Silk Campaign on the Silk Facebook Page.

Do you make fancy coffee drinks at home? Any other almondmilk lovers out there?

I was compensated by FitFluential LLC for this campaign. All opinions are my own (as is my obsession with Silk unsweetened vanilla almondmilk).

Comments

That is exactly the only Almondmilk I will buy…it tastes very good (although, no one else in my house thinks so..ha!) It mixes well with protein powder and your muffins in the egg/muffin bakeware…I made one yesterday and the day before…loving the new muffin ware and muffin treat in general!!!

thanks!

(And yes, I think about coffee…in fact it is what gets me to go to bed earlier and earlier….b/c I figure when I wake up I get to drink the warm, delicious, soothing substance while the Christmas lights twinkling behind me and the dogs drool waiting to be fed…haha!) It’s kind of a nice picture huh?

Heather says:

Mmmm I love the addition of the.coconut & almond syrups!

lindsay says:

i’d much rather get my latte from YOU! YUM!

katherine says:

Did you hear Jillian talking about organic almonds vs conventional? I’ve been on a hunt since then….

I love almond milk…it’s the only milk I drink and add to my coffee. Your pumpkin latte sounds fabulous. And don’t feel bad, coffee is the very first thing I think of when I get out of bed too! ;)

Karen says:

I am loving the new recipe.
    I am totally addicted to my Keurig.
    I am a hoarder of Keurig coffee flavors, Torani sugar free syrups, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze (the shelf stable one), Libby’s canned pumpkin, PB2 and all sorts of other fabulous items like that.
    I have a frother in the cupboard right by my Keurig.
    I am all set. Bring on any and all recipes.
    By the way, the sweet egg sammie recipe that I got from you quite a while ago was such a revelation and I am still loving it.

suddenly my boring cup of coffee isn’t half as appealing to me… i must make this! thanks for sharing!! yum!

YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!!! You had me at dark chocolate ;)

This looks fabulous! I need one this morning too. Why do short weeks seem so long?!

Samantha says:

Good morning. No coffee over hear, but I am back on smooties right now and almond milk is the liquid of choice.

I hope your new year is starting well!

All of my favorite flavors in one drink!! I’ve never make my own latte using almond milk, but I’m obsessed with the stuff, too!

eilizabeth says:

I love almond milk made with a vitamix, soaked almonds, water, a bit of salt, vanilla and stevia. I can’t go back to storebought, after making my own. I actually use the almond milk for everything except coffee. For coffee, I like unsweetened, organic silk soymilk because its a litte richer. I generally don’t like sweet coffee drinks. I think the nutritionals on silk amond milk are great and a really good replacement for cow milk.

morgan says:

oh I seriously need directions on your vitamix almond milk! I have not had success with making my own but I really want to (because my husband’s “bait fridge” is currently full of my stash of almond milk & egg whites & he is complaining!) I love it that I read on here that I am not the only one who has quirks about certain food & special numbers :)

eilizabeth says:

Hmm, I can’t find your response here about the almond milk. This is pretty much how I make it, although I usually only blend for around 2mn probably, http://lovelymorning.com/index.php/2012/01/how-to-make-homemade-almond-milk/, although I have this nut milk bag, http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Nut-Milk-Bag-Elaina-Planet/dp/B001UEPGFY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357326530&sr=8-2&keywords=nut+milk+bag. I think some people just use a fine colander to strain, but I’ve never done that.
      I don’t think the homemade almond milk is as thick as your fav Silk, which I think has some gum thickeners in it? Anyway, it tastes so good and is less salty than the store-bought, I just love the flavor. Why were you not successful making almond milk?
      Maybe your husband should switch to fly fishing and then the “bait fridge” could become “almond milk” fridge. With where you live, I think its funny you stock up on milk and things. I stock up on things here because I live an hour from safeway/walmart and over two hrs from Costco, with no Tj’s in the whole state. :( Good thing I’m only shopping for myself, husband and 4 dogs.

Melissa says:

Elizabeth, I agree. I use Silk Organic Unsweetened soymilk for my lattes. I love almond milk, unsweetened, vanilla or original for cereal, smoothies, or in cooking, but soymilk is so much better in the lattes. I tried a couple of other brands of soymilk, trying to get the cleanest version possible and they were too beany!! Silk has such a smooth taste. Drinking a pumpkin latte right now :)

Haha I love the photo of the two sock monkeys with the Silk! I don’t usually do anything fancy at home with my coffee… I usually just brew some spiced/flavored coffee and then add a few drops of Vanilla NuNaturals Stevia & a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream or milk. Yum! I wish I had a live in barista though… That being said, we have a free room. ;)

sherry says:

LOVE almond milk — unsweetened. Use it with all recipes. Where do you find unsweetened almond milk in bulk? Is it Costco? The Costco by me only sells the sweetened (extra calories :( ) stuff. I use all your latte recipes — never buy retail any more — too expensive. So … THANK YOU for that!! :)

Chels R. says:

I lovelovelove almond milk! Esp in my cereal. Prefer almond breeze unsweetened vanilla but puresilk is good too! Have a good wknd!

This looks delicious! I don’t ever make my fancy coffee drinks at home, and now it seems so silly to go out and spend all the money at Starbucks. I think it’s because I need one of those fancy milk frothers to fill my foam addiction ;)

Natalie says:

I am a regular coffee drinker at home. I need my coffee strong in the morning to get going. However, I do use almond milk for my protein shakes.

Janet says:

My husband loves the Almond Milk and I love that it gives him less gas to pass :-) and I make your fun, low cal ice cream w/it! Have a great day!!!!

Really great! Nice work and I LOVE EVERY ingredient you use! I also am a FFA and wasn’t this so much FUN!
    Congrats and I can’t wait to try this. YUM!!
    Nice to meet you too. ;)

Lisa says:

I’m a weirdo and like black coffee, but I must say this could be a close contender. I mean anything with pumpkin is a clear winner.

mmmm this sounds wonderful

Will you come to my house and be my Stuft Mama??? I want that exact drink every morning for the rest of my life, but I’m afraid I won’t make it as good as you! =)

Linda says:

My husband and I are both addicted to making our own almond milk cappuccinos. They are better than any coffee shop can make. Love, love, love unsweetened vanilla almond milk. The best one that foams in my fabulous little foaming machine is Almond Breeze. I also make it with Teavana’s Matevana tea instead of espresso. A little cinnamon and stevia and we are good to go!

I love unsweetened vanilla almond milk as well!! With my coffee and my protein smoothies in the morning… best way to start my day. Will be trying this latte tomorrow. Thank you!!

Jennifer says:

I got a Keurig for CHristmas as an attempt to cut back on my Starbucks habit ( it was a bit out of control!) I am attempting their Carmel macchiato at home but I cheated and bought their vanilla syrup. Mine is getting better… Not bad. And I also think about my coffee drink all the time. In fact that is my reward after my long run on Saturdays. It is all I think about to get me through!

My morning coffee is the first thing that I think of when I wake up, too! My latest favorite is replicating Starbuck’s cinnamon dulce latte using Torani’s sugar free brown sugar cinnamon syrup!

The longer the name… the tastier the flavor! I’ll be trying this bad boy SOON! ;-)

angelic killam says:

I love silk milks almond an coconut..I use it daily..somtimes for a meal replacement. I love to read about the pumpkin. Coffee recipe!! In Gloucester Ma I stop at a tea shop to get there version of this drink …but they dontvuse Silk I am sure… then they top it high for mecwith whip cream.. I love the drink ..theyvuse white chocolate they say an have the steamer frother an use pumpkin. .
    I will try your recipe an know i will enjoy it more because of our love of the Silk products..Thankyou,
    Angie K . Mass

Looks delicious! I love my coffee and hoard Silk Almond milk as well! I must make this.

1. [...] bloggers have created with Silk Almond milk {you have to try the Quinoa and this crazy delicious make-at-home latte}, I was inspired to create my [...]