After-NUUN Rehydration Event and The Easiest $100 I Ever Made

Workouts:

Last night- Taught a HIIT class and a group strength training class

Yesterday afternoon the awesome people behind Nuun and Smack Media put on a cool little After-Nuun Rehydration Experience. One stop just so happened to be right down the street from me at Stone Brewery so I had to go meet up with the cool crowd for a bit.

Whenever I attend events where I meet people in person that I know through blogging and social media, I always have the same few thoughts.

I am short.

I am old.

I really should use a hair dryer once in awhile.

I need more than just a little help in the fashion and make up department.

Ha ha ha.

I knew everyone would be all cute yesterday. The invite even said to leave your running shoes at home. Well, I didn’t. I wore them and a full on workout outfit, but I had to leave straight from there to go teach some classes so at least I had an excuse.

Yeah. Totally showed up wearing this. To a nice brewery.

I got there late and had to leave early, but I had just enough time to meet some really fun and fashionable runners like these gals Morgan and Sarah.

I even had the chance to chat up the CEO of Nuun, Mason, who’s a 2:51 marathoner. Yeah he’s darn fast.

And tall. And super down to earth and awesome. I warned him that I was going to apply for the Hood to Coast Nuun relay team again this year since I didn’t make the cut last year. Ha ha.

Look who else was there.

My sweet, gorgeous friend Skinny Runner and my new beautiful friends KJ and Eli.

They all got to sample some new Nuun flavors that are coming out in March in addition to tasting some good Stone beer.

Me, well, I got my Nuun sample tablet in an empty taster glass since I was headed to the gym.

It was actually perfect.

I got a sample of the Cherry Limeade flavor. I’m saving it for after my long run this weekend. It sounds darn good though, doesn’t it?

Speaking of Nuun flavors, I recently got a little special package of my two favorites, Lemon Tea and Kona Cola.

I love these things. My favorite creations I’ve made with them are these- Mama’s Vanilla Kona Cola and After-NUUN tea.

I had to leave the party early to head to the gym. They got to go have some dinner, I got to teach some classes.

Um and yeah, my Mizuno shoes I sported to the party even had an old racing tag on there. I was out to impress. Ha.

I thought it was kind of normal to keep old timing chips on your shoes, but I guess I was wrong as there were quite a few comments about mine. Oops.

So I may have been underdressed for the event, but fit right in at the gym in my Lorna Jane.

Phew.

Oh my goodness, after the gym I made the easiest $100 ever that I just have to tell you about.

A returned laptop charger to Best Buy- $64

A reimbursement from a purchase at Bed, Bath and Beyond with an old receipt from Christmas and some expired 20% off coupons- $36

It just so happened that the construction outfits for the boys I was getting money back from were now on sale, so they also gave me money so I only paid the sale price. Score.

Yeah, these are important things you need to know. Bed, Bath and Beyond takes expired coupons AND takes them off if you bring in the receipt after you’ve already purchased the item. That’s not all, if the item has gone on sale since you bought it, they also reimburse you that amount. Freaking awesome.

I was so excited I actually told the cashier I wanted to hug her. Her response, “Well, you can, but not right now.” Hmm… things got a little awkward and I got the heck out of there with my big bucks.

I didn’t know this, but Cassie on Facebook also told me that you can use the 20% off coupon on more than one item in the transaction. Have you ever tried that?

When I finally got home I celebrated my big day with a little roasted kale salad with marinara, some chili peppers, Cholula and nutritional yeast and a grain free garlicky microwave muffin on the side.

IMG_6574  IMG_6575

I tried freezing some Chobani for dessert, but it was a little too frozen.

I messed around with it a bit and added some almond milk, but it still didn’t work out too well. It needed some doctoring up with dark chocolate, PB2 and some “layers”. He he.

I’ll just have to stick with my creamy dreamy ice cream for now.

Okay, enough from me. Darn it, I’m so darn chatty sometimes.

Happy Friday!! Woo hoo!!!!

A huge thank you to Nuun and Smack Media for the fun event and letting me hang out for a bit.

Comments

Becky Przy says:

Happy Friday Friday Kristen! That is too funny about the hug;-) I have to track down or buy some Nuun on-line one of these days…they don’t sell it out in my neck of the woods.

P.S. I got a Vitamix last night–I am beyond excited to finally get to try your creamy dreamy ice cream–I have made it w/my hand blender–but the hand blender sounded a little rough while doing that;-)

Ahh……. Becky I am soooooo excited that you got a Vitamix! Woo hoo!!!! I actually made a little video making some ice cream. maybe I should post that in honor of your new household addition. He he.

• Becky Przy says:

when you make the ice cream do you use the tamper? I feel so clueless using the Vitamix–I shouldn’t considering its a blender and seems pretty easy to use;-)

Samantha says:

Ha! Well if it makes you feel any better I think I have a couple of years on you. In fact I hit 40 in about a month. I have noticed that most of the other active blogs I follow have authors that are a good 10 to 15 years younger.

You are a couponing master! I am so darn thankful this week is over! Lets just say starting this year off with any sort of balance has not happened.

Tiffany says:

Happy Friday! You crack me up!! I love that you are chatty.

Pam says:

Hi Kristin,
    You are so awesome! I LOVE reading your posts/blogs. Even when I am not in the mood to read, I can never scroll past your updates.
    Hope you have a super Friday!

Oh you look cute anyway I’m getting ready to make the microwave English muffin!

Amy says:

I love that you went in wearing your workout clothes. That is why people like you-no pretense & you just lay it out there. Wondering if the Nunn with Caffeine makes you wired? Sometimes it can keep me up all night.

I never have it too late in the day and it’s not too much caffeine- 15 grams per serving. They have other flavors that don’t have caffeine though too. :)

HA HA loved the outfit for a ‘party’ too cute!
    At first I had a hard time finding Nuun in my area too – even when their website said a particular store would carry them. Finally found arunning shoe store and vitamin shop that carried them – still hunting locally for the Kona Cola flavor.. one of these days I’ll break down and purchase directly from the company…. UGH I need to get on the band wagon and try your new English muffin I am trying to cut back on carbs/grains.

I’m really bad about leaving running tags on my shoes.

BB&B is awesome about honoring the expired coupons! I love it! And that Nuun flavor might be good with some vodka…just sayin’! Happy Friday!

We have a pile of BB&B coupons at my house that are all expired because you never know when you’ll need them! Love that they still take them after they expire

elizabeth says:

so glad you had fun with the NUUN gang. that was my fav new flavor (we got to try it at HTC) and can’t wait for it to come out. do 1/2 cherry 1/2 kona kola. pretty darn good if i do say so myself.

Sarah OUaL says:

“I am short” <— Sorry! :)

So nice to meet you and get to chat a bit, hope to see you around more soon!

I would have totally given you a hug! That is some awesome savings! I need to get some Nuun for the hubby… he is training for a half right now!

Ps… I watched Biggest Loser… I’m not addicted and I love Bob even more!!

Sara Grambusch says:

SO funny about the cashier. I pretty much only leave the house with wet hair so yeah, it’s alright. ;)

1. [...] got to try the Cherry Limemade at the Afternuun Rehydration event a couple months [...]