I Guess I Like the Wrapstar and the Easiest Stir Fry Ever

Workouts:

Saturday- slow 20 mile run sporting this Mizuno Nirvana footwear and argyle Pro Compression socks

I also had to go straight to a work meeting afterwards and attended it without showering and wearing the same gear. I was too embarrassed (and stinky and sweaty) to ask anyone to take a picture of me.

Today- 6 mile treadmill run

I felt pretty good this morning so wanted to run just a bit to stretch out my legs. As soon as I started running though I realized it wasn’t going to be fast or long. I did have a little matchy matchy outfit going on though with my new shoes, my calf sleeves and my cool sport headphones.

IMG_9023 IMG_9025

I averaged an 8:40ish pace.

Then I went for 30 minutes really easy on the elliptical so I could browse through a magazine. Look what I found in Self magazine. The cover model, Kaley Cuoco was sharing a bunch of her life theories. The one about Spanx was my favorite.

I kind of want to live in my Spanx.

So….

Tuning out has been awesome. Really awesome. In fact, as soon as I post this I plan on doing it for a few more hours to finish off the weekend.

I was not a happy camper this morning though when the wrapstar came out at 6:30 am. Yes, that’s what that toy is called. Here’s the link to it on Amazon because I really think every household needs one. If you don’t I’m 99% sure you have a friend that does, just ask my sister-in-law.

image

Ha ha.

But…… things turned around soon after when we used that little wrapstar to do a poo poo song and dance. And you know what? It freaking worked! Too much information to share on a Sunday? Sure, but friends, it has been the highlight of the weekend! Don’t worry, I’ll spare you my actual song and dance. You’re welcome.

We celebrated with some STUFT Tots chocolate “milkshakes”.

Instead of following the original recipe, I just used a frozen banana, 1% milk, a handful of spinach and a Carnation Instant Breakfast packet.

It went over a bit better than the Buzz Lightyear juice.

I’m working on getting a little post and video together with an updated kabocha squash recipe. It’ll probably be up just in time for the squash season to be over, but take a look at this snack from yesterday.

Oh how I love roasted kabocha.

Okay, I’ve got to run, but I made the easiest stir fry ever last night and will be making it again tonight so thought it was worth sharing.

That Costco sweet kale salad that I usually use in the roasted kale salad recipe can also make a pretty darn amazing stir fry (as does broccoli slaw).

I didn’t measure anything, but here’s what went in the mix.

Sweet kale salad, Thai peanut sauce (from Target), chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, srirachi, minced garlic and some dry ginger (not pictured).

It went well with Costco orange chicken, a Morningstar veggie burger and roasted brussel sprouts.

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!

Do you have a favorite toddler toy or one that tops the list for being the most annoying/obnoxious?

Who else loves Spanx?

Comments

debbie says:

I LOVE that kale/brussel sprout mix- My favorite & saves sooo much time to clean, chop, etc.

Maria says:

My sister bout my daughter this Elmo airplane rider toy for Christmas one year. We had driven out of state for Christmas and had to drive home with that damn thing in the car and you couldn’t turn it off! Needless to say my one year old niece got the SAME toy for Christmas this year! :)

coco says:

hi there! new reader, new mon, fellow kabocha obsessed! :)
    I love that you use some of my favorite Chinese sauces!

Lindsay says:

I love that you match all your running outfits right down to the headphones! :D Sounds like a great weekend!

Becky Przy says:

Awesome job on the runs this weekend! I miss marathon training!!!

I tried on my first Spanx like top yesterday at Target–it didn’t seem to do its job, it just made it hard to breathe–I am guessing I might need to get the actual “Spanx” brand and not a knock off?
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Okay, yes, you gotta get actual Spanx and I don’t like the tank tops. I only like the underwear that you can hike way up. They work sooooo much better. :)

J @ semplicemente ... J says:

I have been asking around and I would love to have your opinion too … I have never had compression socks. Do you prefer socks or sleeves?

Rina Teel says:

Really silly question, what kid of treadmill is that you are on in the pic? I ran on one lie that this week and I loved it! I forgot to look at the type it was. Will you please let me know?

Jessica Tan says:

A familiar sight, those two bottles, minced garlic and srirachi (except that we call it chilli sauce), these brands are household brands in Singapore and we have a gazilian flavours! Yes, we need shortcuts during cooking too :)

Cecilia says:

Yay! Congrats on the successful poopy dance! I remember those fun time all too well. Heck I even sent pictures of the first poops to family and friends! I have that Thai Peanut sauce that I’m planning on using for some chicken on Tuesday!

Karen says:

I wonder if compression socks would be a good thing for me standing on my feet for eight hours on a concrete floor every day.

I say whatever works to get the business done in the potty! Great job to the little men! I’m just glad my adventures in that department are over. That is a rough job, especially when you have two at the same time! I’ve been living on fresh roasted pumpkin and buttercup squash. I can’t get enough of the stuff! I tell Tony that I’m working on my winter tan. I hope you have a great week!

Miz says:

OOH that stir fry is me me me too too too.

Mizunos are my favorites and now I want some of the bright pink & yellow!!!!
    Great job on long run Saturday!

Danielle Gardner says:

What armband is that in the picture you are using for your phone?

Rene' says:

Oh my! iIremember those song days and they just totally came to my mind. With 4 kiddos I spent a lot of time in there:) Your stir fry looks great. will have to mix something like that up. Happy Monday!!

eilizabeth says:

I’ve never worn spanx. I had a question about underwear though, is it wrong to not wear underwear with compression capri/tights? Just wondering what people do here, do they wear thongs? I don’t wear thongs and undwear with tight pants can make a butt look weird I think.

I don’t exactly know. Ha ha. I wear a thong when I wear capri pants if that helps. It took awhile to find the right ones that didn’t look weird though. Target. :)

• eilizabeth says:

Uh oh. I clearly don’t know the right undergarments to wear with workout wear. I am normally wearing no underwear while out running with the dogs, good thing I never see anybody out in the woods! I’ll have to hit Target, but don’t make it there much anymore since its over 2hrs away.